The highly-classified result of dual projects HRUNTING and YGGDRASIL.
Unlike the more compact armor variant of MJOLNIR, HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL’s results would not require extensive and risky biological augmentations for the operator and, as a result, would be much more expensive to design and manufacture. Very few have reported seeing this technology in the field since it remained in a somewhat secretive state well into the war with the Covenant—at least one suit is known to have been deployed in-combat before reportedly being scuppered by ONI as a security precaution.
HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL’s mechanical defense systems and weaponry capabilities are expansive—far outstripping MJOLNIR in almost every way save for bio-ergonomic mobility and size. Although its full technical specifications were never made public, reports have indicated the following components were equipped:
- HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL Mark I Prototype Exoskeleton based on titanium alloy plating and nanocomposite titanium microfiber
- Dynamic Local Dissipative Shield Technology
- T261 Lucifer AMGG (Arm-Mounted Gatling Gun) with 20mm high-explosive rounds, alternate-hand grip stabilizer
- Type-18 Magnetic/Bayonet-style Claymore which can be primed, attached, or otherwise impaled into nonmagnetic surfaces
- Motion Sensor with 1400m+ range (within map mode) across flat surfaces with minimal obstruction
- 2 x Ventral VTOL Stabilizers / 2 x Dorsal VTOL Stabilizer / 4 x Afterburner Thrusters
- LAU-181D/SGM-151 Shoulder-mounted, self-guided high-explosive missiles
- M149 Magellan RCL–armor mounted recoilless rifle with 105mm high-explosive ordnance
Another rumored component was a 300 MT lead-tampered nuclear fission self-destruct sequence (in compliance with Cole Protocol and Winter Contingencies) which would re-use the fusion components of the suit’s power system and begin with a staggered countdown and could only be completed by delivery of a voice command code word—the exact word never having been publicly revealed. This method hints strongly at a kamikaze-style purpose rather than simple security. Since this is illegal under several intact conventions, its official status remains “security.”