Live from Atlanta, the Halo Championship Series makes its way back to the east coast for the 2018 season finals! Teams from around the world have faught all season long - in New Orleans and London - and now their story culminates in one tournament to determine who is the HCS 2018 Champion. For this year's season finals we've joined forces with DreamHack and will be a part of their massive gaming festival with tens of thousands of fans attending all weekend long.
The weekend starts hot as Friday will feature not only open bracket play for aspiring players but also group play for invited pro teams from around the world. On Saturday, group play concludes and Championship Bracket kicks off where only the best teams will move on. Finally, it'll all come down to Championship Sunday where we will crown our 2018 HCS Champions! Don't miss the best Halo players on the planet duke it out for over $300,000 in prizing and their place in HCS history!
On November 16-18, the HCS community will head into Atlanta for the 2018 season finals. The format for this tournament will be very similar to New Orleans and London featuring a 16-team group stage, an open bracket, as well as a final championship bracket to crown the champion. Some key differences are:
- 8 teams from North America will receive travel and hotel coverage
- 2 teams from Europe will receive travel and hotel coverage
- 1 team from LATAM will receive travel and hotel coverage
- 1 team from the Australia and New Zealand region will receive travel and hotel coverage
The HCS Finals 2018 event will be the destination for world-class Halo esports action. DreamHack Atlanta will once again play host to the very best teams from around the world including Splyce, TOX Gaming, Renegades, Team Reciprocity, and more! Feel the intensity of the players, the gravity of the moment, and the hype of the crowd - tickets are on sale now!
The stakes are high for the HCS 2018 Finals, with a $300,000 4v4 prize pool, the largest for an open event in Halo history! For fans looking to kick it old school, we'll also be hosting the Halo 3 2v2 Showdown on Halo: The Master Chief Collection featuring a $10,000 prize pool as well.
EXCLUSIVE EVENT EMBLEM
All attendees at the HCS Finals will be eligible to receive the HCS Live Event emblem for use in Halo 5: Guardians. Make sure to provide your main Xbox Live Gamertag at time of registration/ticket purchase, and you’ll receive your emblem within the weeks that follow the tournament.
This awesome animated emblem is exclusive to fans who attend a live HCS event – now you can showcase your passion and pride for Halo esports in-game for all to see!
- How many team passes are available for purchase?
- There are a total of 64 team passes available for the HCS 2018 Finals. These passes will sell out quickly, so make sure to purchase soon!
- 32 of the 64 team passes available for the Halo 3 2v2 Showdown have already sold out! However, registration onsite for the remaining 32 available spots will take place on Saturday, November 17. Spots will be given out on a first come, first served basis.
- I can’t attend the event, but want to watch online. Where can I tune in?
- Do I need a full team to purchase a team pass?
- No, you can purchase a team pass now to secure a spot in the tournament, and provide team information after securing your pass. Upon purchasing a team pass, you will receive an email confirmation from Dreamhack. This email will have a link to a form where you can enter the Dreamhack confirmation number and provide information for all four players and coach.
- I’m coaching a team – do I need to purchase anything?
- A team pass includes tournament entry for 4 players and 1 coach. No additional purchases are necessary to coach.
- I purchased a 3-Day Visitor Pass to DreamHack Atlanta, am I able to compete in the 4v4 Open Bracket Tournament and the Halo 3 2v2 Showdown Tournament?
- The 3-Day Visitor Pass to DreamHack Atlanta only allows you to compete in the Halo 3 2v2 Showdown Tournament, but not the 4v4 Open Bracket Tournament. To compete in the 4v4 Open Bracket Tournament, you will need to be a registered player under a Halo Team Pass that has been previously purchased, or purchase a Halo Team Pass for your team. If you decide you want to compete in the Open Bracket 4v4 Tournament, you can request a refund on your 3-Day Visitor Pass to DreamHack Atlanta by emailing email@example.com. Be mindful that passes may sell out, and that all refunds are subject to Tixr refund policy located at the bottom of the tickets page.
- Will there be a Free-For-All (FFA) competition at this event?
- No, there will not. There will, however, be a Halo 3 2v2 Showdown competition taking place with a $10,000 prize pool! Best of luck to those competing! Get the latest information here.
- If I buy a team pass, do I have to play in the 2v2?
- Purchasing a 4v4 team pass does not mean you are required to play in the 2v2. However, registration onsite for the remaining 32 available spots will take place on Saturday, November 17, and we encourage you to sign up! Spots will be given out on a first come, first served basis.
- I don’t live in the United States, can I compete in this tournament?
- Yes, this tournament is open to all players around the world.
- What’s the age limit for this tournament?
- The age limit to compete in the HCS 2018 Finals (Halo 5) tournament is 13+.
- The age limit to compete in the Halo 3 2v2 Showdown tournament will be available in the coming weeks.
- Is there a limit to the number of teams eligible to compete in this tournament?
- Yes. The 4v4 Open Bracket portion of this tournament is limited to 64 teams.
- What equipment should I bring if I’m competing?
- You will need to bring your controller and a micro-USB cable for a wired connection from the controller to the Xbox One.
- Batteries must be removed from the controller, so they are unable to power the controller.
- Headsets will be provided for mainstage competition, but you must bring your own for play on all other stations. Headsets must use a single 3.5mm input.
- What is the prizing distribution for the HCS 2018 Finals?
- Winners: $120,000
- 2nd place: $60,000
- 3rd place: $40,000
- 4th place: $28,000
- 5th & 6th: $13,000
- 7th & 8th: $7,000
- 9th -12th: $3,000
- What is the prizing distribution for the Halo 3 2v2 Showdown tournament?
- Winners: $6,000
- 2nd place: $3,000
- 3rd place: $1,000
- I have other questions – where’s the best place to ask them?