Forums / Support / Halo API Support

Additions to the Halo API

OP Respected Sir

You've asked and we've listened! Based on feedback from this community, we've made additional information available via the Halo API. Effective immediately, Halo 5 Companies, Halo 5 Commendations, and Halo Wars 2 Leaderboards can now be retrieved.

The following endpoints should now be visible in the Halo API Developer Portal.
  • Profile - Halo 5 - Player Appearance
  • Stats - Halo 5 - Company
  • Stats - Halo 5 - Company Commendations
  • Stats - Halo 5 - Player Commendations
  • Stats - Halo Wars 2 - Leaderboard - Player CSR
What is Halo API
Thanks!
That's great. I'll be using those!
The php library halo-api/php-halo-api added support for these new endpoints! See https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/01b3ca58f06c4bd4ad074d8794d2cf86/topics/php-halo-api-library/c29d2d31-1972-4acc-9971-f37e4b1bfd6f/posts
I'm must be crazy, but it in the company or company commendations endpoint requires a companyID. Then it states that to get the company iD use the (halo 5 player Appearance) endpoint. That's great!
Secondly the members data is very minimal, other than the role and joined date. No other stats are exposed.
Kills,
time played in Company,
assisted with company commendations progress,
last Time played.
anything.

So if someone wants to look up members/Company related data. The stream would be a clumsy approach.
The user enters gamer tag? Then the app > get company ID > get company data /members > get members data * 100 possible API requests. That's 105 API requests?
I think that it would a lot more efficient on both ends for the request stream to look like this.
starting off with the name of the company not the id.
> members with limited stats per member.
stream lined down to one API request.

Thank you for adding this to the endpoint list.
I hope that the usage is not set in stone.
343 are you guys looking some API managers?
im available @
May Hamn
It would be much better if we could look up Company members without having to knowing who the members are.
Seems like the cart leading the carriage.
currently your expecting us to get a company iD by a players name, then find the members that the player is in? Seems like a silly solution.
Why not just make the company name searchable? Almost not worth implementing to me.
May Hamn wrote:
It would be mugh better if we could look up Company members without having to knowing who the members are.
currently your expecting us to get a company iD by a players name, then find the members that the player is in? Seems like a silly solution.
Why not just make the company name searchable? Almost not worth implementing to me.
Yeah, I agree. There should be an endpoint to get the Company ID from the Company Name.
Still, if you know the leader of the company, you can just get their company ID.
May Hamn wrote:
It would be *much better if we could look up Company members without having to knowing who the members are.
Yeah, I agree. There should be an endpoint to get the Company ID from the Company Name.
Still, if you know the leader of the company, you can just get their company ID.
True, however the way my bot exposes the company information, is that the user can type in any company name without knowing anyone in the company.
hopefully this is looked at again.
I just thought of a possible API addition that would be really useful - a way of sending messages to players (using an API).
I've written a program that checks the activity of players in my company, and it would be great to be able to send automated messages to remind them to get back online!

Feel free to let me know what you think of this idea,
LeftmostClamp
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
May Hamn wrote:
343 is a busy company with a huge title on their hands.
busy building work arounds.
Hi everybody,

We've seen and heard the requests to add additional Company endpoints such as looking up a Company's ID by the Company's Name.

Apologies for the delayed response here. We were investigating the feasibility of this request and were waiting to respond until we had a definitive answer.

At this point, we have no plans to add any additional Company endpoints to the Halo API. We recommend proceeding with the endpoints that are currently available.
Cool, thank you for all the consideration.