Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo API Support

BUG: Score is Unsigned

OP Null Parameter

It appears that the score is being stored in an unsigned way, so that it doesn't properly handle negative scores.

I have a customs match here: c5013df9-fc5f-42e5-834e-1fec44dd6d0a
It's a game where I was just messing around by myself in customs, attempting some jumps and such and ended up committing suicide a few times.

Here are the Team Stats from that game:
Quote:
"TeamStats": [
{
"TeamId": 0,
"Score": 4294967292,
"Rank": 1,
"RoundStats": []
}
]
Based upon the value, it appears that my few suicides wrapped back around to the upper end of a 4 byte unsigned int.

I mess around like this all of the time, both by myself and with my friends. It would be great to be able to get back our negative scores, preferably without having to infer an integer sign and size.

Thanks!
I found a number of properties were unsigned, and just assumed it was intentional :/
Glitch100 wrote:
I found a number of properties were unsigned, and just assumed it was intentional :/
What other properties were unsigned but could be negative? I haven't come across them yet, but I've had a limited sample size, and it would be good to have a comprehensive list.
This actually made me laugh a bit. Like, I was laughing quite a lot.
Glitch100 wrote:
What other properties were unsigned but could be negative? I haven't come across them yet, but I've had a limited sample size, and it would be good to have a comprehensive list.
So I went and took a look at what types I had to adjust to get certain endpoints to bring down correct values. Here is a list of all the object which have returned an Id which has been unsigned sometimes. If I list just an object then it is the Id property, otherwise I will mention the properties by name after which also return unsigned values

MetaData:
Enemy
Impulse
Medal
Skull
SpartanRank
TeamColor
Vehicle
Weapon

Stats:
MedalAward - MedalId
PlayerMatchBreakdown
StatsEnemy - BaseId, and Attachments[]Team - Score
WeaponId - StockId
WeaponId - Attachments[]
Benijam7 wrote:
This actually made me laugh a bit. Like, I was laughing quite a lot.
What made you laugh? The fact they are returning ludicrous numbers? Or something else?