Forums / Support / Halo API Support

Community Halo API Projects

OP Tashi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
  • Title: Halo dBot
  • Link: https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=316478352133193728&scope=bot&permissions=3181582
  • Platform: Discord
  • Description: A Discord server bot that is useful and fun to use.
  • Written in JavaScript
  • Commands:
!halo (gt), = H5 Gamer Stats basic stats, for arena and warzone.
!com (Company Name), = Returns Company Commendations and their progress.
!members (Company Name), = Returns Company Members
!membersDate (Company Name), = Company Members + last date played << this command ETA is 1-2 minutes dependant on size of Company.
!8ball, will satisfy any curiosity, Funny responses, From Exuberant Witness.
!quote, random quote.
!join, url to add this bot
!donate, help fight A.I. Rampancy Halo dBot
!help, to show this list.
And more will come to the bot.
If y'all want to try out on Discord here's a invite to the server that is made for testing.
https://discord.gg/u2NRYWh
Posted this on memorial day, but I thought I'd update the thread here as well. =)

• Title: Spartan Clash
  • Link: www.spartanclash.com
  • Github: https://github.com/C-Kennelly/SpartanClash
  • Thread -> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/01b3ca58f06c4bd4ad074d8794d2cf86/topics/spartan-clash---spartan-company-leaderboards/6921cc85-b28d-4665-a6dc-d54df32274c5/posts
  • Platforms: Web (Desktop, Tablet, Mobile) - Written in ASP.NET MVC 5 w/ Bootstrap
  • Description: Leaderboards, for Spartan Companies
  • Goals: Give big Spartan Companies something to do after Achilles. See which Company is "the best." Increase average company size/activity levels
May Hamn wrote:
  • Link: https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=316478352133193728&scope=bot&permissions=3181582
  • Description: A Discord server bot that would be useful and fun to use.
  • Written in JavaScript
  • Commands:
!membersDate (Company Name), = Company Members + last date played << this command ETA is 1-2 minutes dependant on size of Company.
!quote, random quote.
!donate, help fight A.I. Rampancy Halo dBot!help, to show this list.
I just want to push this here !
the bot is awsome and the bug support is great!

check it out it is worth!

this guy is doing good work <3
May Hamn wrote:
  • Description: A Discord server bot that would be useful and fun to use.
  • Written in JavaScript
  • Commands:
!quote, random quote.
!donate, help fight A.I. Rampancy Halo dBot!help, to show this list.
I just want to push this here !
the bot is awsome and the bug support is great!

check it out it is worth!

this guy is doing good work <3
Thanks 🙏🏻
Here is a updated list of commands for my
Halo dBot.
*Commands*
**!setGT** (gt) save gamer tag to your profile
**!setCO** Company Name save Your company to your profile
**!weapon** (gt) {weapon name} : or !weapon (gt) for your top ten weapons
**!halo** (gt), = H5 Gamer Stats
**!myRank** (gt), personal ranks
**!%com** (Company Name), = % Commendations completed
**!com** (Company Name), = Company Commendations
**!listComs** List all personal Commendations
**!listCompanyComs** List all Company Commendations
**!desc** (Commendation Name) Descriptions for all Commendations
**!members** (Company Name), = Company Members
**!membersDate** (Company Name), = Company Members + last date played
**!image** (gt), = Spartan Image
**!emblem** (gt), = Profile Emblem
**!leader** (Playlist) {15}: usage = `!leader Slayer {25} or !leader Slayer` will default to 50
**!membersLeader** (Company Name) {Playlist}
*Playlist*:
Team Arena
Slayer
Doubles
Free-for-All
SWAT
Breakout
HCS Summer 2017
**!points** get your @Halo dBot points
**!8ball**, will satisfy any curiosity
**!quote**, random quote
**!join**, url to add this bot
**prefix**, the guild _prefix_t
**!setPrefix** , set a custom prefix
``` ADMIN USE ONLY EXAMPLE
!setPrefix ? will change your prefix to commands to ?```**!donate**, Please help keep this project alive.
~Thank You for using Halo dBot.
Questions, Bugs, or Suggestions please join the public server invite code>>,
`u2NRYWh`
Haha. It's. a beast
  • Title: Halo Recon Data
  • Link: www.halorecondata.com
  • Platforms: Browser
  • Description: Our goal is to provide next-level analytics for competitive Halo players. Think FiveThirtyEight, but for Halo. Heat maps, trends, power weapon analysis, and more.
  • Goals: Provide static heat maps (done), interactive heat maps (still working on this part), power weapon analysis (first post up), etc.
I'd appreciate any feedback on the content or the presentation. If you have any questions or ideas, those are also welcome. Thanks!
Hey @SacUsa - just poked through the site. Seriously sick presentation. The site's responsive, the parallax scrolling is satisfying in some peculiar way, and your top level organization is easy to grok. All good stuff. I did have some suggestions for areas you might improve on the presentation:
  1. Lots of high res images on the front page means they might not all load. Case in point, the Crossfire image took ~20 seconds to pop in... by which point I've clicked to another part of your site. I'm currently on a Starbucks connection so mileage may vary, but you might want to think about optimizing that page load time, especially for the landing page. Google's got a cool "PageSpeed Insights" tool that analyzes sites for you and offers some suggestions - might have some helpful suggestions on ways to optimize the images. https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
  2. Speaking of Crossfire... I can't seem to find the heatmaps for it (or the other Breakout maps). If you're choosing to exclude them, it might be a good idea to swap out that landing page image for a map you do have heatmaps of. That Truth image on the Map Breakdowns page particularly seems to pop if you're looking for some more front page eye candy.
  3. The other major front page thing I'd look at would be nixing the "Multiplayer Statistics" box until you've got the content up. And if you really like the 3-item layout for the main page, maybe you could use something like a "What's New?" section that links to your updates page.
Other than those things, it feels like you've got the shell of the site very solid, leaving you able to build out content.

For the content you do have, I really enjoyed the site. The heatmaps are well explained and easy on the eyes. What I really appreciated was the time you put into each section when it came to explaining how to interpret your data. Your main page has the motto "Stats don't lie," but as I'm sure you know, when you don't back up stats with good interpretation, they may as well be lies. I think this focus on explaining what the stats mean is a huge strength for your site, and I'm hoping to see the content trend this way. Many Halo stats sites (mine included) trend towards just throwing numbers at you, and your heatmaps ended up being a lot more meaningful due to your explanations. Well done!

On the same note, I really enjoyed your blog post on the weapon analysis. Probably my favorite part of the site, because I love me some good number crunching. I can tell you put a ton of work into finding and interpreting those results, and it was a fun read. My only suggestion here would be to tweak the intro to the blog post to remove promises and "(hopefully's)" of it being a series. Obviously, that kind of content takes a lot of your time, so it may not be beneficial to your site goals (whatever they are) to turn it into a long-running series. You might want to keep them more of a "when I feel like it" entry due to time investment, and cutting out the language that promises a series of posts gives you that freedom. That would let you focus your preface on why your analysis differs from most other analysis ("we believe it's greatest potential strength...") as a hook for the post, and you can always release another Weapon Analysis post later, even without the promise. On a similar note, you might change the "Weapon Analysis" header to just "Analysis," which gives you freedom to write posts on other topics, but still keeps the header meaningful.

Last suggestion on content - in the helpful links page, maybe include a slight blurb at the top along the lines of "these are some resources we've found helpful or interesting," instead of just the "AUXILIARY LINKS" header. Or, if you like the barebones approach, change the header language ("Auxiliary" to match the Nav bar "Useful").

Okay, last bit of feedback (sorry if I'm too long-winded...) Out of curiosity, do you know what you're going to be building next in terms of content? You've got 3 sections called out on the main page, suggesting a Multiplayer Statistics page is on deck. If you've got a plan, great! If not... I wanted to throw out this idea about where your population for matches comes from... See, the thing I found most compelling about the site was your commentary/interpretation that made the numbers mean something. I think it differentiates you from the crowd. The problem with that kind of differentiation is that it's very time-intensive, so you need to be strategic about how you spend your time. What sub-population of players can you analyze that would be interesting to a wide-variety of skill bands?

It might be interesting to focus your analysis content on the upcoming Halo Championship Series - basically, analyze all the Open matches and scrims that get played throughout February/March, and then talk about what strategies can win maps & gametypes, what shuts down top players, etc. Your post format of "pose question, present numbers, answer question" would work really well for that, and you'd be working with a finite number of gamertags. Plus, it'd all be highly Tweet-able content that could piggy-back off the HCS buzz to get attention, which would be good for getting eyes on your other content.

All told, you might not be interested in doing that sort of thing, but since interpretation seemed like a strength for you, I wanted to throw it out there. Anyway, the site looks very promising and looking forward to seeing more, wherever you decide to take it!
Sn1p3r C wrote:
Woah, that's a lot of feedback! I really appreciate you taking the time to look through all of the site. You've got some really good ideas, and you're on to one point: we're definitely focusing on the upcoming HWC season. Our focus has been mostly on pros and top amateur players for our analysis, and we hope to continue with that. Regarding the site design thoughts, we'll definitely take that into consideration. There's a lot of housekeeping that needs to be done since we set it up.

In terms of future content, some of the things on our agenda are a Fall Pro League "retrospect" article and another blog post continuing the Coliseum Power Weapons analysis. One of our long term goals is to have interactive heatmaps, so that you can toggle between maps, pro teams, game modes, height, etc. We think that will take the heatmaps to the next level.

Thanks again for all the feedback! We really, really do appreciate it. It always motivates us when people put that much effort into helping us out.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2