Skip to main content
Hello, I’m a noob and am interested in playing around with the API to develop a bot to pull spartan company and member stats. Do I need to know a specific language to do it? Where do I even begin?
Do you have any coding experience?

If so, what is it?

Do you want to make a Web App or an app on the phone?

In any case, what I did when I wanted to dive into using the API is I went onto Wyzant.com and got a tutor that could help me build a web app with the API to get me started. I then met with him every week until I knew what I was doing and didn’t need him anymore. I’d recommend doing something like that.
Do you have any coding experience?

If so, what is it?

Do you want to make a Web App or an app on the phone?

In any case, what I did when I wanted to dive into using the API is I went onto Wyzant.com and got a tutor that could help me build a web app with the API to get me started. I then met with him every week until I knew what I was doing and didn’t need him anymore. I’d recommend doing something like that.
No coding experience whatsoever besides SQL in Microsoft Access years ago. I'd prefer to have a web app that I can connect to discord. Basically, I want to develop a bot to pull stats for all members of a spartan company, set weekly or monthly goals for all members with commendations, track playtime, etc.

What coding language is required for the API?
Tbh there’s a bot for that sort of thing already on discord. You can find it in the Halo/Discord server.
Language is really comes down to preference since the API is programmed to return .json data from https requests. This opens the “languages” up darn near every programming language that has the ability to await server response. I started off using Objective-C then switched to Swift, then Lua, now JavaScript. Each have there own benefits. So pick one that is widely supported and go for it!

good luck 👍