Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo API Support

DateTime of match

OP Iimitz

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows of an area in the API I'm able to deduce the date and time a match took place? I see that an ISO 8601 is used for total duration but it's just a duration, not a full timestamp. I see websites like HaloTracker are able to discern the date of a match but not necessarily the time. I was hoping to be able to collect matches for the duration of someones stream using the up-time someone has been streaming. But if there's not way to determine when a match took place, it would have to be manually defined which match was the "start" one by the streamer.

EDIT: Mods please delete. I just realized there is a "MatchCompletedDate" for the history endpoint. I'm a dummy and I'm tired.
Were you able to figure it out? And I'm interested did you finish it? If so where can I see it?
Were you able to figure it out? And I'm interested did you finish it? If so where can I see it?
In the 'Halo 5 - Player Match History' endpoint there is an optional parameter called 'include-times'. If the parameter is set to true, the Player Match History result will have both the Date and the Time the match finished in the 'MatchCompletedDate' property. If you were wanting to accomplish similar to what I listed above, you would have to be pulling the match history for the specific player until you reach their uptime. Then you can compute whatever it is you want from every record that had a MatchCompletedDate greater than the streamers start stream time.
Iimitz wrote:
In the 'Halo 5 - Player Match History' endpoint there is an optional parameter called 'include-times'. If the parameter is set to true, the Player Match History result will have both the Date and the Time the match finished in the 'MatchCompletedDate' property. If you were wanting to accomplish similar to what I listed above, you would have to be pulling the match history for the specific player until you reach their uptime. Then you can compute whatever it is you want from every record that had a MatchCompletedDate greater than the streamers start stream time.
Nice yeah. But I meant if you deployed your project or thing you were doing.
Iimitz wrote:
Ooooo I gotcha. The commands to add and instructions are here: https://halostatbot.herokuapp.com/

I never did end up fully implementing the command listed above in. I was have bugs to work out with it but i'll add it to the page when I fix it. If you have any questions let me know :)
Iimitz wrote:
Iimitz wrote:
Ooooo I gotcha. The commands to add and instructions are here: https://halostatbot.herokuapp.com/

I never did end up fully implementing the command listed above in. I was have bugs to work out with it but i'll add it to the page when I fix it. If you have any questions let me know :)
Nice, love seeing software developers do side projects related to gaming.