Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo API Support

Hackathon entry emblem?

OP Lazerhawk05

The real question of the day is:

Do all participants get an in game medal for their Hackathon Entry? Something we can wear to brag about while we are playing Halo?

Basically after looking at everyone else's apps I have come to the conclusion that they are all amazing and think that each one should get some recognition? 343 what do you think about designing a quick medal for all players that you can send to us based on our gamertag we used to enter with?
This is a fantastic idea! You mean emblem though, right?
A badge here on the forums and an emblem similar to Cartographers would be awesome.
Thanks @iLickPandas. I have updated the title to say emblem.
Hey.. why not both as Legundo says! brabplz
Very cool idea!
If they do this, I hope that people who submitted apps before the API contest was announced also get it :)
If they do this, I hope that people who submitted apps before the API contest was announced also get it :)
Perhaps they could give everyone with an API key the opportunity to get an 'API developer' emblem of sorts? Just need to come up with a way to stop people signing up for API keys just for the emblem.
As a thank you, those that participated in the Halo API Hackathon contest should see a new forum badge in their inventory.

Halo API Architect

Halo API Architect
System.Console.WriteLine(“Distinguished member of the Halo API community”);

Going forward, this badge will only be awarded to Halo API developers and Waypoint forum members who have shown immense support for their fellow developers and for the Halo API community. Seeing the effort and creativity put into your personal projects for this contest has been inspiring to not just myself, but many of us here at 343.

Thanks, and happy coding!

-Tashi
Quote:
As a thank you, those that participated in the Halo API Hackathon contest should see a new forum badge in their inventory.

Halo API Architect

Going forward, this badge will only be awarded to Halo API developers and Waypoint forum members who have shown immense support for their fellow developers and for the Halo API community. Seeing the effort and creativity put into your personal projects for this contest has been inspiring to not just myself, but many of us here at 343.

-Tashi
New favorite badge!

Thanks Tashi!!
Quote:

Halo API Architect

-Tashi
Much appreciated :) glad to know that we're making you (all) proud!