Forums / Support / Halo API Support

HaloSharp (A C# Wrapper) (v2.0.1.0 - 2017-03-22)

OP Furiousn00b

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
You are the hero we need... To deserve... To want... Gotham!
v2.0.1.0! (GitHub | NuGet)

Release Notes:
    • Fixed a couple of issues with the Season model (now that seasons have started!).
See the full changelog here.
Have you noticed any issues lately? I am trying to return some stats for friends, and I am getting json errors. Specifically, when I try to get match details for some friends using GetArenaMatchDetails, everything seems to work while stepping through the code until I get to Line 11 in your StringExtensions class. It bombs out there with the following error:
Spoiler:
Show
This is for match id {184219d8-f100-48fa-83b9-bf837b96d86b}.

I compared the json being returned by HaloSharp with what is being returned by the API documentation website, and they appear to be the same. The json being returned through HaloSharp can be found here, if it helps: https://pastebin.com/rLcxzgWL

I am using HaloSharp 2.0.1.0 and Newtonsoft.Json 7.0.0.0.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if there is an actual issue. I don't know when it stopped working, but I have been using it recently without issue.
Have you noticed any issues lately? I am trying to return some stats for friends, and I am getting json errors. Specifically, when I try to get match details for some friends using GetArenaMatchDetails, everything seems to work while stepping through the code until I get to Line 11 in your StringExtensions class. It bombs out there with the following error:
Spoiler:
Show
This is for match id {184219d8-f100-48fa-83b9-bf837b96d86b}.

I compared the json being returned by HaloSharp with what is being returned by the API documentation website, and they appear to be the same. The json being returned through HaloSharp can be found here, if it helps: https://pastebin.com/rLcxzgWL

I am using HaloSharp 2.0.1.0 and Newtonsoft.Json 7.0.0.0.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if there is an actual issue. I don't know when it stopped working, but I have been using it recently without issue.
Looks there's been a change to the model. Specifically 'PreviousMetRequirements' and 'MetRequirements'.

The documentation shows a 'Requirement' as four fields (an int, two shorts, and a long) that can be combined into a guid. See HaloSharp's implementation.

Your response is showing that 'PreviousMetRequirements' and 'MetRequirements' are now simply returning that guid instead (no longer 4 separate fields).

Quote:
"PreviousMetRequirements":["1ae1e13d-6881-43f1-8c88-f5937fa18805","695e94db-c4cf-4ccb-b70d-3e4811a59786"],
"MetRequirements":["1ae1e13d-6881-43f1-8c88-f5937fa18805","695e94db-c4cf-4ccb-b70d-3e4811a59786","d13b323e-6702-4fba-a0ef-aff43ba586ee"]}]
I'm away for the weekend, but I can have this fixed the coming Monday. Unfortunately, it will be broken until then.

Thanks for the heads up.
Spoiler:
Show
Thanks for reporting this issue. We investigated this and it looks like there was an unintentional breaking change made to the contract for the "Halo 5 - Match Result" Operations that was deployed last week. We have a fix for this, which should be deployed soon.

In the meantime (assuming you don't care about Meta Commendation Progress), it looks like you can patch around this by commenting out the MetaCommendationDeltas property in ArenaMatch.cs (lines 99 and 100) and WarzoneMatch.cs (lines 97 and 98). This means you'll have to use your own version of HaloSharp, but hopefully this unblocks you and others in the short term until the fix is deployed.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is undoubtedly causing. I will post an update when the fix is deployed.

Thanks
Thanks for reporting this issue. We investigated this and it looks like there was an unintentional breaking change made to the contract for the "Halo 5 - Match Result" Operations that was deployed last week. We have a fix for this, which should be deployed soon.

In the meantime (assuming you don't care about Meta Commendation Progress), it looks like you can patch around this by commenting out the MetaCommendationDeltas property in ArenaMatch.cs (lines 99 and 100) and WarzoneMatch.cs (lines 97 and 98). This means you'll have to use your own version of HaloSharp, but hopefully this unblocks you and others in the short term until the fix is deployed.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is undoubtedly causing. I will post an update when the fix is deployed.

Thanks
The fix for this has been deployed.

Thanks for the great bug report, KeepingNote9186! I was able to reproduce the issue you were seeing and I was able to confirm that the issue has been resolved.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you continue to see issues in the future.

Thanks!
Furiousn00b - just submitted a pull request to add the "Player Appearance" endpoint - not sure how much time you have these days, but thought I'd post here in case you check back. Never contributed to someone else's code before, so please let me know if I missed something!
Small update - just updated my fork that implements the Spartan Company information endpoint!

Furiousn00b seems to be MIA at the moment, so until the pull request gets reviewed, here's how to make use of the fork if you're using Visual Studio.

->Clone the fork (https://github.com/C-Kennelly/HaloSharp) into a local directory.
->In Visual Studio, right click the solution and "Add Existing Project." (No need to add unit tests, unless you want.)
->Add a reference to the HaloSharp project.

Done! Just like adding it via Nuget... except, you know, more clunky.
Good stuff, Sniper. I've taken a step back for various reasons, but I'll make the effort to get this back in line with the latest updates.

Appreciate you making the effort. Keep it up.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4