Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo API Support

MCC Stats API?

OP Con Spooky

Hello. I'm a Computer Science student in college currently taking a Web Apps class. For fun I'm interested in making a site that displays stats for Halo Reach. I can't seem to find any public API. If that is the case, how does tracker.gg manage to get these Halo stats? Are they just scraping stats off of Halo Waypoint? Tracker.gg seems to have a lot more in depth-stats (either that or waypoint has horrible navigation), so I'm confused how tracker.gg is getting this information. I'm sorry if I sound like a noob. I'm extremely new to web development and would just like to take on a personal project to gain more knowledge.
Con Spooky wrote:
Hello. I'm a Computer Science student in college currently taking a Web Apps class. For fun I'm interested in making a site that displays stats for Halo Reach. I can't seem to find any public API. If that is the case, how does tracker.gg manage to get these Halo stats? Are they just scraping stats off of Halo Waypoint? Tracker.gg seems to have a lot more in depth-stats (either that or waypoint has horrible navigation), so I'm confused how tracker.gg is getting this information. I'm sorry if I sound like a noob. I'm extremely new to web development and would just like to take on a personal project to gain more knowledge.
I've always wondered this myself. The only thing I can think of, is they're allowed access to more info than Joe Blow on the street. I actually messaged the dude that said he made Halo Tracker, and asked him how they get the info, I also told him to forgive me if it's something he couldn't talk about. He didn't respond to me, at all, so I take it as it's highly classified.
Hi everybody! We don't offer an official MCC Public API at this time, nor do we provide an MCC API for special partners. Thanks for the interest!
Hi everybody! We don't offer an official MCC Public API at this time, nor do we provide an MCC API for special partners. Thanks for the interest!
Do you have any insight as to how tracker.gg is pulling stats that aren't even on waypoint? Makes no sense
Con Spooky wrote:
Do you have any insight as to how tracker.gg is pulling stats that aren't even on waypoint? Makes no sense
I figured it out, they invoke a web request using Halo Waypoint cookies. I haven't figured out a way to efficiently pass the session cookies into my scripts but I did give up after only a day. The HaloTracker dude is guarding this secret and I don't blame him. It's not highly classified, you just need to have a much better understanding of OAuth than most.
there is a page of leaderboards, which are the direct statistics of halowaypoint, they ask for donations to keep the server alive and speak very badly of 343 in their social networks, close the page, you are the official account, please check your messages