Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo API Support

Potentially No Infinite API

OP McVeigh

From Twitter: https://twitter.com/Tashi343i/status/1435080419360133126?s=20

Do you think a public stats API could be in the cards at some point?
I hope so, still a passion for it at the studio. MS privacy policies have changed since the H5 days so not as straight forward anymore + everything else we need to ship. - Tashi

Thats class, but im worried they dont release one in the future so developing out the site further would be pointless
Yea I'd pump the brakes until we can confirm unfortunately. - Tashi

This kind of sucks as I had been making updates to HDH in preperation for Infinite but that might have been a waste of time now 😥
I feel this is one of these underrated things that we'll have to work by ourselves, but at the same time I'm enthusiastic about the fact that we're quite a few people ready to do so, even if we don't get a public & documented API.

In my humble opinion, being able to fetch data, not only UGC but also stats and notably real-time stats, could be critical to raise the quality of content production to nowadays standards, most notably on the esports scene. For example, we've been seeing for quite a few years now on other games how the ability to automate data fetching and usage has been helping tremendously on viewers engagement and retention.

So yeah, I definitely understand your frustration, but I genuinely hope we can manage to get things by ourselves to some extent and that we won't be hampered in our will to get the ecosystem around the game to grow!
Tepec Fett wrote:
I feel this is one of these underrated things that we'll have to work by ourselves, but at the same time I'm enthusiastic about the fact that we're quite a few people ready to do so, even if we don't get a public & documented API.

In my humble opinion, being able to fetch data, not only UGC but also stats and notably real-time stats, could be critical to raise the quality of content production to nowadays standards, most notably on the esports scene. For example, we've been seeing for quite a few years now on other games how the ability to automate data fetching and usage has been helping tremendously on viewers engagement and retention.

So yeah, I definitely understand your frustration, but I genuinely hope we can manage to get things by ourselves to some extent and that we won't be hampered in our will to get the ecosystem around the game to grow!
I think stats are going to be tracked offically now for the HCS so I dont think they themselves will be hindered.
Hopefully some folks in the community can whip up an unoffical API that gives us all that we need.