Forums / Support / Halo API Support

Requisitions, Security, and the Community

OP Furiousn00b

The API hasn't been able to replicate the functionality of the HaloWaypoint Requisitions page since launch. We currently can't get a list of a players locked and unlocked requisitions.

A new website has launched, and while I'm not accusing them of anything, I'm now concerned for the security of the community.

getreqt.com requires you to provide your Microsoft account email + password in order to scrape the HaloWaypoint Requisitions page and get a report on locked and unlocked requisitions.

Ideally the API would provide additional functionality so security concerns like this don't continue to arise.
Yeah, I saw that. It is a seemingly well-intentioned effort by the guy who put it together, but it just screams of a huge security risk. It seems like opening up that functionality would be a smart thing to do. Naturally I say that with an outsider's perspective, but still...
Very risky, I personally will never sign up for that site, too much of a risk, more-so depending on their security.

Being able to get the REQ collection (view only) would be ideal for the API.
Yep, I couldn't agree more.

I was really excited at the prospect of being able to use the site, but couldn't, in good conscience, support it, given the security concerns. Would love to see these added to the API, so that we can avoid this type of issue moving forward.
The API has been pretty disappointing because of this issue. Not only is it impossible to get a users unlocked/locked reqs, the API doesn't even give any info on how to find requisition ids. Luckily someone else found out how. I'm really hoping the API adds this functionality soon.
The API has been pretty disappointing because of this issue. Not only is it impossible to get a users unlocked/locked reqs, the API doesn't even give any info on how to find requisition ids. Luckily someone else found out how. I'm really hoping the API adds this functionality soon.
I'm pretty sure this is by design. It looked like the functionality was definitely there at one point, but it was likely hard to hide upcoming, unreleased REQs from the API, so they removed the ability to list them all.
That would be such a pathetic excuse if that's the case. Why expose an endpoint to get details for an item if you're not going to also build an endpoint to get the IDs for said items. They clearly have a way of hiding the unreleased reqs from their own website, I can't see why they can't do the same for their API.

I really hope that they just haven't gotten to building out that part of the API. The req/commendation aspect of the API is very lacking, which is a shame. There's a lot of potential for these portions of Halo 5. I'm itching to develop a proper req tracked, but I really can't do much given how little data I can pull from the API.
I agree with Khan.... Can only do so much with the data pulled from API
This seems to be coming to a point ...
I built a requisition tracker into my app, but I had to rip all the IDs off of the waypoint site. Obviously people have to enter the ones they have manually and my analytics tell me noone can be -Yoinked!- to do that.
I'd like to bump this thread. REQ data on a per-user basis would be the most interesting thing this API could offer –because that's what the community cares about most.