Forums / Community / Spartan Companies

Lead one Company, partake as member in another

OP KeturahVII

With the launch of Spartan Companies there has been a huge wave of excitement and people scrambling to create or join their Company of choice.

However, one thing I would really like to address is the fact that so far Spartan Companies seem a little restrictive. You can only be in ONE company, period. And while I understand some of the logic behind the decision, I'm hesitant to believe that technical restraints are the reason for that choice.

I strongly believe that in order to enable Spartan Companies to evolve and continue over time to be a highly social experience for the players, people need the ability to join a Company as a regular member WHILE being able to lead their own company. This would be a great idea because according to Waypoint rules we cannot create alternate accounts. Not even one specifically for managing your Company and Company related posts/events/etc. Hopefully that will change and evolve as we go down the line!

I strongly urge 343 to take a look at the way Bungie did groups in Destiny. And trust me I KNOW it sounds like beating a dead horse. I almost never compare Bungie anything to 343 anything. But I really believe that Bungie did groups correctly with Destiny and that 343 could take away a few ideas for improvement. With Bungie groups you can head one, and participate in multiple groups. You can only DISPLAY one group on your nameplate/tag at a time. But I think to encourage inter-company socialization and community activity users should be allowed to interact with more than 1 company at a time. Perhaps down the line this will change and evolve in the favor of the player. As 343 has said - invest in the players. Please try to see this as an investment in player socializing.

Some of us are very passionate about certain groups, and we want to head them. But we also want to stay connected and socially share a space with our older friends and clanmates. Please allow users to head a company and be an active member in another(not the leader of two).
or BF4 platoons
Good post, I agree fully.
or BF4 platoons
I don't know anything about BF4 Platoons. Would you kindly give a brief description of them and/or what 343 could take from them to improve Companies? :)
I agree, I think players should be able to be in more than one group.
Certainly, for starters, the battlefield franchise has its own clan type through BF battle log. With it goes into detail in breaking down the Platoon/clan overall win/loss ratio and K/D and skill level (although Battlefield is trying to change up how skill level works) and keeps track of recent matches played with fellow members which factors into ranking of the platoon rank and doesn't require an amount of 4 people to be considered a full-fledged platoon/clan. see the link for further explanation. They also allow people to be a part of multiple platoons with the option of selecting a primary platoon for an individual in between matches. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz1lGKdbxrM
Regice554 wrote:
I agree, I think players should be able to be in more than one group.
Definitely. It will encourage a lot of intergroup socializing for people to know people from one group, but hey does your other group want to do some Slayer or Warzone? It would be a great deal of fun, and really bring people together more.
Certainly, for starters, the battlefield franchise has its own clan type through BF battle log. With it goes into detail in breaking down the Platoon/clan overall win/loss ratio and K/D and skill level (although Battlefield is trying to change up how skill level works) and keeps track of recent matches played with fellow members which factors into ranking of the platoon rank and doesn't require an amount of 4 people to be considered a full-fledged platoon/clan. see the link for further explanation. They also allow people to be a part of multiple platoons with the option of selecting a primary platoon for an individual in between matches. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz1lGKdbxrM
Thank you for the video and blurb! I can understand why many Halo fans would like their Company to have a Company rank and skill setting. For me personally this isn't a big deal, but it would be a very nice thing to have for highly competitive players who join highly competitive Spartan Companies.

I like that they have a limit of 3 for groups you can join. I think 3 is a great number. It's also a great idea to have small rewards given to teams who play with Company members, and level up the Company rank/Spartan rank together(while in the team with other members from the same Company). A small REQ pack wouldn't be remiss.
KeturahVII wrote:
Thank you for the video and blurb! I can understand why many Halo fans would like their Company to have a Company rank and skill setting. For me personally this isn't a big deal, but it would be a very nice thing to have for highly competitive players who join highly competitive Spartan Companies.

I like that they have a limit of 3 for groups you can join. I think 3 is a great number. It's also a great idea to have small rewards given to teams who play with Company members, and level up the Company rank/Spartan rank together(while in the team with other members from the same Company). A small REQ pack wouldn't be remiss.
agreed, They need to give the fans a reason to stick around more instead of leaving. it was one of the biggest problems of MCC was that people had no real reason to stay in a match because they weren't really getting anything out of it.
They definitely have a huge opportunity in Spartan Companies to heavily invest in the common player and expanding the player experience. I hope they take it!
or BF4 platoons
That would be perfect.
I could also see this as a benefit in regards to the larger communities with the current member cap of 100 to a company, in that it could create a hierarchical structure where the leader of a sub-company is a member of the parent company.
I agree. Seeing as how it can be hard to get members to join your company, it'd be nice to join a more popular one/get the benefits of being in a company. Rather than sit in a sad, one member company that really only you think is really cool. Lol.
Yes after creating Spartan Company Bananas, I too would like to be able to join a friends company as well!
I agree, in Destiny it was nice to be part of a group and also lead your own, because not everyone is going to instantly be able to have a full 100 member group easily, and I personally only play with a handful of people as my regulars, and I am sure almost everyone would love to lead their own company at one point so being stuck in someone else's company will hinder that since you can't leave the company I believe... someone correct me if I am wrong though. I am currently in my own company that I made, and is hurting right now because I can't even get that req pack due to me not having enough people but I also didn't wanna join someone else's company and be stuck in it just for the req pack. But I definitely agree though with OP on how Bungie did their clans/groups.
This may not be the place to ask this but how do you level up within your spartan company? I've noticed people being iron onyx silver gold ect just wondering if somebody could explain that to me
xSir Beckx wrote:
This may not be the place to ask this but how do you level up within your spartan company? I've noticed people being iron onyx silver gold ect just wondering if somebody could explain that to me
Um those ranks aren't for the spartan companies, they're your ranks for forum participation. Those ranks go up every time you post and reply on the forums.

I also completely agree with your point OP, for years all games who have made their own grouping/clan systems have allowed you to be part of multiple groups for maximum sociability. GTAV allows up to 5 clans, Elder Scrolls Online: 5 Clans, Bungie.net: As many groups as you like.

I have very demanding 'friends' who want me to be part of their clan but they're only 5 of us and 2 are not responding to the invites. Also they don't like to play Halo and such games as much as I do and I would really like to be part of other groups to fill in my time.