OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
What is Spartan Companies?
Spartan Companies is the new clan system unveiled by 343 for Halo 5 Guardians. You can watch the introductory video here for more information
343 have posted their own FAQ with the release of the new Spartan Companies commendations, part of the Cartographer's Gift DLC

THIS IS NOT A RECRUITING THREAD, PLEASE DO NOT TREAT IT AS ONE

** Note for Achilles Armour **
Quote:
You need to be part of an active Spartan Company at the time the company reaches the commendation to get the award. If you join a company after they have reached the required commendation level, you will NOT be able to get the reward. You'll need to join a new company that has not yet received it

*For known issues, please see the 2nd post in this topic

How do I create my own company?
Click 'Create Company' on the Spartan Companies main page to start your new company. You cannot be part of an existing company, so you'll have to resign before creating your own

How do I join an existing company?
To join a new company you must first resign from any company you are currently enlisted with, then you can request to join a new company.

How do I resign from a Spartan Company?
To resign from a company, click the forum menu drop down on the top right of the website (where your avatar shows) and select Spartan Company Profile. In the banner area of your company page will be a link to resign. You must then enter your gamertag and click resign to confirm your resignation

Can I change the name of my Spartan Company?
Yes, you are allowed to change the name of your company once every 30 days. Go to your Spartan company page and edit your biography - from there you should be able to change the name of your company

Do Spartan Companies appear in game in Halo 5: Guardians?
Yes, your Spartan Company name with appear in game and there is a roster tab that shows all your company members and whether they are online or not.

How can I customize and manage my Spartan Company?
You can do quite a few things with Spartan Companies:
  • Similar to your Waypoint Profile you can select a custom banner for the header area
  • You can create a custom emblem for your company using a variety of emblem shapes and colors
  • Each company has its own private forums that you and your fellow leaders can moderate - you can create sticky threads, polls, lock threads, edit and delete posts. You'll also get email notifications to any posts that you decide to follow
What leadership / ranks do Spartan companies offer?
Spartan Companies currently offers 2 ranks for you company: Leaders and Lieutenants. Each company can have 1 leader and up to 12 Lieutenants. Lieutenants will have access to the administration section of their Spartan Company, this allows them to effectively manage their own community. Leaders can do everything noted below along with the ability to promote and discharge lieutenants and disband the company:
  • You can invite new members to be a part of your company
  • Send messages to individual members of the company
  • Discharge members of the company
  • View a list of Pending Invitations - invites you have sent out
  • View a list of Join Requests - people that have requested to join your company, along with any message they send along with their request
  • Block users - view a list of users your have blocked or add a new user to your blocked list
  • View the Audit Log - a list of all actions taken by administrators: accepts, rejections, forum edits like deleting topics or making a topic sticky, inviting users, editing banners, etc
Can be part of more than one Company?
No, at this time you can only be part of 1 Spartan Company, regardless if you are a leader or just a regular member

How many members can my Company hold?
The current limit is 100 members. 343i have noted that some of the community would like this limit increased and are looking into this

How do I get my free REQ Pack?
You need to be part of an active company to be eligible for the free REQ Pack. For the company to become active, it requires at least 4 members. You will receive a private message to your inbox with the pack. This one is special and can be opened on Waypoint itself. Prepare for confetti :)

What are commendations?
Just like your regular commendations your work towards in the game. Spartan Companies commendations are earned collectively through your entire team, so each kill, assist, assassination counts towards the total. If you've just joined you'll start earning as soon as you play your first match of Arena or Warzone. Once you leave you'll stop earning until you join another company.

Can I be rewarded multiple times for earning the same Commendation/Commendation Level?
You will only be rewarded for a Commendation once. If you complete a Commendation with Company X, leave and join Company Y, you will not receive a reward when they complete that Commendation. You will only be rewarded when the Company earns Commendations that you have not already earned. (yes, shamefully lifted from 343's FAQ :P)

If I join a company that has already completed a commendation, can/do I still get the reward?
No, as per 343's FAQ 'Only members of the Company at the time a Commendation is earned will receive rewards.'

What are badges and how do I get them?
Badges are little icon rewards (like medals) that can be earned for participating in a variety of community events or tasks. Not all badges are available, so you may see some you can no longer get. Most of the badges can be found in this topic, see the last few pages for discussion on more recent entries
Spartan Companies brings 2 new badges to Halo Waypoint:
  • Statistician: Go to your Waypoint profile and view your Service Record to unlock this badge.
  • Enlisted: Become a member of an active Spartan Company (a company with 4 or more members)
Feel free to post or PM with with anything in the post that needs changed or that you think should be added. Happy to re-work formatting to make it easier to read
Known Issues

• You are part of an active Spartan Company but did not receive your REQ Pack
    If you have already recieved a REQ pack from being part of a Spartan Company, you cannont recieve any more free packs
  • You receive a message that "Spartan Company is not available"
    This issue possibly relates to a company name that has been reserved by 343 or possibly contains a censored / banned word
  • You are unable to update your Spartan Company bio
    Your biography possibly contains a censored / banned word
  • Unable to add a YouTube channel to your page
    Waypoint does not accept /channel/ names, only /user/ namers
  • You cannot access your inbox on Waypoint or Accept invites
    Your account may be a child Xbox Live account which will not be able to use the Inbox / Private Messages Feature
Just my opinion. I think it would be cool if they could eventually raise the 100 member cap up for bigger clans. I also would like to see more emblems for the banner system each company has.
Just my opinion. I think it would be cool if they could eventually raise the 100 member cap up for bigger clans. I also would like to see more emblems for the banner system each company has.
Already need noted by 343 in this topic, they're looking into it :)
Thanks
I really like Spartan comapanys they're pretty cool
does anyone know if there is some sort of spartan company interface in the game? Or is it just over halo waypoint? It would be nice to see who is online from your company etc.
does anyone know if there is some sort of spartan company interface in the game? Or is it just over halo waypoint? It would be nice to see who is online from your company etc.
Your Spartan Company Name will show up in game, I think that's the inly interaction right now
I'm curious to see future developments of this new feature
Will more customization become available for emblem creation? The current selection seems a little limited compared to many of the other symbols in previous games. Just curious if there will be symbols that can be unlocked later on.
Very happy 343i was able to bring this back in some form.
In game clan name should be seen on nameplate.
thanks bro
More emblems would be a big plus, seems very limited.
Looking for members anyone can join its called Cloud Tempest add me on xbox ItsFrosticles if your interested or have any questions or DM me on Twitter @ItsFrosticle
Does anyone have any insight as to why I am unable to create a Company? The selected name is valid (according to the form), but when I select "Create Company" (or something to that affect), it simply times out stating "Unable to create Company. Try again later."

If this has been discussed elsewhere, and I've missed it, my apologies in advance.
Looking for members anyone can join its called Cloud Tempest add me on xbox ItsFrosticles if your interested or have any questions or DM me on Twitter @ItsFrosticle
Please make a new thread in the forums, this is not a recruitment topic
Does anyone have any insight as to why I am unable to create a Company? The selected name is valid (according to the form), but when I select "Create Company" (or something to that affect), it simply times out stating "Unable to create Company. Try again later."

If this has been discussed elsewhere, and I've missed it, my apologies in advance.
You might have better luck postingin the Waypoit support forums, it may be an issue with the website at the moment
Are there going to stats available for the whole company? The only thing that the company is useful for currently is organizing your crew.
I requested to join a company but haven't heard back yet, should I just try to join a different company? Are there guidelines for company admins to accept or reject requests within a certain time frame?
Looking for a few good dads!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DadsWhoPlayVideoGames/
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15