Matchmaking Playlist Lineup Update

OP Content Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
Over the past few weeks, we’ve been running our final checks on Matchmaking and each of our launch playlists, and are excited to share the final lineup and a breakdown of these playlists. The launch playlist lineup has received slight modifications from the lineup that was announced over at IGN last month.

Click here to read more
A bit bummed that H1 isn't there at launch, but the fact that it will be 2v2 puts my mind at ease.
Here's how I hope things are prioritized on the matchmaking side of things:

1. CE 2v2 Playlist launch
2. Ranks EVERYWHERE
3. Rumble Pit expansion
4. Halo 3 in Team Hardcore
5. Different Rotational playlist

Also, I noticed about a third of Halo 4s maps aren't in ANY playlist, which is kind of a shame.
Ragnarok, Longbow, Outcast, and a couple others were great in BTB.
Very, very, very, very, VERY disappointed with how these playlists work. If i want to play Halo 2 Team Slayer only, I should be able to. Not this broad Team Slayer playlist where once you're matched you choose which halo game you want to play. Why did you guys mash them all into playlists together? Thats so lame as every game is completely different especially when this is ranked. Before entering matchmaking, WE SHOULD CHOOSE which game we want. Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and then HAVE THE PLAYLISTS STEM OFF OF THAT. Team slayer, snipers, doubles etc. I'm not yelling when I type in caps, I'm just emphasizing my point. That's all I have.
so is there any reason that the swat playlist has Halo 3 gametypes but no Halo 3 maps? I assume its just a mistake
Are there plans to incorporate Forge maps into the H2A playlist as they're made?

When I ask this, I understand that no such work worth adding has been made just yet, but I'm more concerned with how long it will be until Forge maps are seriously considered.
So, Halo 3 Living Dead. When will this be added as a permanent playlist? It has been asked for since 2007.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

Spoiler:
Show

When do the lies end?
343, you promised Halo 2 "the same way it shipped back in 2004" and that was the biggest lie i've heard in a long time.
I'm so happy that the Halo 1 playlist will be 2v2, such a great call by 343. Thank you for listening to us, much appreciated =)
DRG 2Boss wrote:
Here's how I hope things are prioritized on the matchmaking side of things:

1. CE 2v2 Playlist launch
2. Ranks EVERYWHERE
3. Rumble Pit expansion
4. Halo 3 in Team Hardcore
5. Different Rotational playlist

Yep. I might put Ranks number one to keep folks from quitting so quick, but that a good list.
iRL glitCh wrote:
343, you promised Halo 2 "the same way it shipped back in 2004" and that was the biggest lie i've heard in a long time.
Calm down. The game hasn't even shipped yet and they are already making changes based on community feedback. Give it time.
Umm..I did not see Team Sniper on the list..?
A Permanent Ranked Doubles playlist that includes all the games will be so choice when it launches. Can't wait for it.
iRL glitCh wrote:
Its funny how many people take this quote out of context and interpret it so strictly. Do you think they meant that they were going to ship Halo 2 EXACTLY as the original xbox copy? Of course not - that would make absolutely no sense. Be grateful.
iRL glitCh wrote:

Its funny how many people take this quote out of context and interpret it so strictly. Do you think they meant that they were going to ship Halo 2 EXACTLY as the original xbox copy? Of course not - that would make absolutely no sense. Be grateful.
I'm not taking a quote out of context, because thats exactly what they said, so why would i think otherwise......? they shouldnt have said it at all then if thats the case. stop me if i'm wrong.
Team Doubles must be considered for permanent status. I'll love you! Well, I already do, but I'll love you even more. :P
Why no Halo CE playlist like the others? Why only 2v2?
I'm so confused. Why would anyone WANT Halo CE to be only 2v2? What the -Yoink-? That doesn't even make any sense.

Can't wait to play 2v2 on Gephyrophobia, sounds like so much fun...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10