Forums / Community / News

The Halo Bulletin: 10.2.14

OP B is for Bravo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The Halo Bulletin: 10.2.14

Join us as we discuss the events surrounding the discovery of Installation 04, announce a mini- helmet giveaway, and talk a bit about Halo: CE!

Click here to read more
Gotta say, for the long wait we've had for Halo CE details, this Q&A was pretty weak.

Q: How is the netcode for Halo: Combat Evolved? The game has never designed to play online and a lot of users in the community are worried that because you guys are being completely silent about it, it isn't looking good.
Firstly, that's so cool that my screenshot, "Nova", was featured. That's a first for me, so I'm quite chuffed.

Secondly, the Halo CE Q&A was, though very short, quite nice.

Lastly, again, no Halo 4 MM update news? If Squad DLC is going to be the Featured playlist from now on forth, I'm fine with that, but at least let us know that's the plan.
And is Halo 4 getting any updates before MCC? There's still a few playlists that I know would really appreciate another update *cough, Flood, cough*.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Q: The PC version features some slight map changes (for example Battle Creek's windows can't be climbed on the PC and HangEmHigh's trench on the xbox differs from the trench on the PC), will we see the xbox version or the PC version of these maps? Also will we receive the PC FOV or the xbox FOV?
Yay! I really liked the grim brother one canon fodder feature!

Are we going to get some new videos on each new map soon?

It's going to be interesting switching between all those halo games. I remember playing halo CE PC and Split screen, fun times.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
Q: How will Spartan Ops be integrated in the collection? Will it be on disc or is an always active Gold connection still required?
The only good question on that bulletin would have to be the one about the choice to change on-map weapon sets in my opinion. Everything else was pretty...eh.

Q: Will we be able to create our own playlists for each campaign, as well as our own cross-game playlists? If so, how well can we customize them?
Q: Will we be able to turn off the Blur CGI cut-scenes and watch the cut-scenes in the new remastered graphics?
Q1: (MCC) Is there currently any plan to introduce Halo 2 Anniversary DLC?

I personally am hoping that there's a chance to play on gorgeous remade maps for Containment, Waterworks, Relic, Terminal, Burial Mounds, and Uplift.

Q2: (H5:Guardians) Will 343i finally introduce a fully customizable control scheme?

Please allow every user the capability to remap the controls as they see fit for their comfort.

Spoiler:
Show
Will the hit detection issues be fixed in some halo games?
Woo! Canon Fodder! Love this series. :D

Also, Halo: CE looks remarkably pretty on XboxOne. Can't wait to play that multiplayer again with an Xbox controller.
Edited by Moderator - Please do not post spam.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Q: It's been a long time since the issue of super bounces in Halo 2 Multiplayer was addressed. Can you provide us with an answer as to whether or not super bounces will be in Halo 2 Multiplayer?
Will there be a digital pre-order for the MCC? What skulls or other pre-order bonuses will come with it?

Will it be possible to pre-order a digital code from Gamestop or other retailers? (I've only seen such game codes available at Gamestop, but I am hoping that other retailers follow suit.) Will those come with the retailer's pre-order bonus?

I had also heard that eventually all pre-order skulls will be available for purchase. Is that confirmed and has pricing been decided? It was confirmed in this 6/25/14 Bulletin, "After a certain period of time, the Skulls will become unlocked for all players." So will these be free? Has timing been decided? (Thanks to this post for pointing me to the skull info.)

Thanks.
Edited by Moderator - Please do not post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2