Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Anyone else getting absolutely wrecked?

OP The Handy Van

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
10 games in and every one ends the same. One person on each team with 20+kills and everyone else with barely 5 or 6. Feel like it's my first time playing
I too am getting my rear end handed to my face, and so far my FFA matches have all had that One Guy that is a rung far above the rest. I had a 4v4 Duals game that was perfectly evenly matched, though; I was pretty happy with that one.

I do realize, though, that the issue for me is that I'm just not very good. And I don't know if there's a big enough matchmaking pool to put me with similarly skilled players. Just how it's gonna have to be, I guess!
Yeah MCC has that really big skill gap, I don’t know how a fix would work.
It’s great for me as I am usually the guy at the top, but something like that happens every single game and it’s a problem.
It’s great for me as I am usually the guy at the top, but something like that happens every single game and it’s a problem.
I wonder if we can ever have a little investigation into the player base. (Nothing too serious of course) I'm curious to know why the difficulty of Matchmaking has spiked significantly the last few years.
I play solo and get 12+ kills but also like 15+ deaths. Seems like you need a party in order to play, especially the objective style games.
I'm usually very good, but lately I'm playing terribly. I notice a lot of people not dying when they should and then certain players rubber banding, it really makes me want to turn cross play off but then I'd literally never get a game.
Ah, yes. le ol' I'm getting my own rear handed to me..
I've been in that position ever since I started playing fps games in the 90's lol

At least the other players have something to target practice on
The thing with me is that I'm not half bad... but I'm not half good either. So one match I could get 15 kills and 9 deaths, but in another match I'll get 15 deaths and 9 kills, or even worse. I've started trying to do big brain plays but they make little difference.
I did about 5 matches in a row on the flight. I lost every single one. Usually, I win at least one. Either something's up with the network, or it's just a bad night for me.
I have been getting destroyed during the flight except for rockets and snipers and that is because I am testing mouse and keyboard on Xbox, I have never played with m+k before like this and I have no idea how PC players do it. It’s cool and fun to test it on my Xbox but I’m pretty trash using it.
I have been getting destroyed during the flight except for rockets and snipers and that is because I am testing mouse and keyboard on Xbox, I have never played with m+k before like this and I have no idea how PC players do it. It’s cool and fun to test it on my Xbox but I’m pretty trash using it.
M+KB is hard in Halo. A lot of people say its unbalanced but I feel it's more of a trade-off scenario. Controller is better with those regular BR encounters whereas M+KB can absolutely decimate anyone at a distance, or on a mounted turret. Stick with whatever is more fun for you, I'm on PC and I use controller
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Halo is one of those games where the person with the twitch aim isn't always going to be the best. The high TTK in Halo 3 especially makes it so you have to be able to play with your team in order to make your shots. I personally play with a controller on PC and I hold my own against the people who use mouse and keyboard due to how I focus on hitting them, not killing them.

What I mean by this is that if I get a kill, great, but if not I will more than likely have someone near me who will finish the job. I recommend people aim for the center of the body until the shields pop and then flick for the head. I personally aim for the neck of my opponents that way my last shot on the BR will hit the head a good 95% of the time.
They're better. get over it. Its how social always was and still to this day should be.
YeNZeC wrote:
They're better. get over it. Its how social always was and still to this day should be.
Another fine example of only reading the first sentence.
Its just how it goes sometimes. You cant really use SBMM (Skill-Based MatchMaking) in Insider testing mostly because its essential a beta build and the important thing is that it needs to work.
YeNZeC wrote:
LOL

And OP yea I'm also usually the top guy but I can understand what you're saying. MCC has bad, bad skill gaps.
YeNZeC wrote:
Ahhh yes. You and your 1.3k/d. Well done champ.
Its not a problem. Social should be connection priority, ALWAYS.

SBMM in social is dumb. And SBMM based on stats for ranked is also dumb..

Rank should be based on a elo system with match peformance and players competing to be taken into account.
YeNZeC wrote:
Wow thats flat out unnecessary. You should really be carful with what you read before posting. Besides with what he's saying it makes a bit of sense. People who aren't so good get wrecked and makes fighting harder for them because they die so quickly. It be nice if a mini ELO system was in play for more accurate flights..
Its daily for me lol
x2Palex wrote:
I'm usually very good, but lately I'm playing terribly. I notice a lot of people not dying when they should and then certain players rubber banding, it really makes me want to turn cross play off but then I'd literally never get a game.
Cross play isn't the issue, here. It's been a part of MCC for a while now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2