Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Anyone else getting absolutely wrecked?

OP The Handy Van

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Halo is one of those games where the person with the twitch aim isn't always going to be the best. The high TTK in Halo 3 especially makes it so you have to be able to play with your team in order to make your shots. I personally play with a controller on PC and I hold my own against the people who use mouse and keyboard due to how I focus on hitting them, not killing them.

What I mean by this is that if I get a kill, great, but if not I will more than likely have someone near me who will finish the job. I recommend people aim for the center of the body until the shields pop and then flick for the head. I personally aim for the neck of my opponents that way my last shot on the BR will hit the head a good 95% of the time.
Halo is one of those games where the person with the twitch aim isn't always going to be the best. The high TTK in Halo 3 especially makes it so you have to be able to play with your team in order to make your shots. I personally play with a controller on PC and I hold my own against the people who use mouse and keyboard due to how I focus on hitting them, not killing them.

What I mean by this is that if I get a kill, great, but if not I will more than likely have someone near me who will finish the job. I recommend people aim for the center of the body until the shields pop and then flick for the head. I personally aim for the neck of my opponents that way my last shot on the BR will hit the head a good 95% of the time.
I agree 100%. With the state FPS games these days regarding TTK, it's hard to get used to the Halo 3 combat.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2