Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Bloom + registration is the problem

OP Suisun

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
EU Tripper wrote:
Bloom this bloom that deal with it or play MLG its not hard if you can't use bloom go play griftball.
The problem isn't that bloom is hard...it's just not fun.

It also potentially leads to instances where a player is carefully pacing his shots while the enemy spams and gets a lucky headshot with full bloom.
EU Tripper wrote:
Bloom this bloom that deal with it or play MLG its not hard if you can't use bloom go play griftball.

It also potentially leads to instances where a player is carefully pacing his shots while the enemy spams and gets a lucky headshot with full bloom.
This is why the first shots should be close to perfect accuracy on most mid range weapons, it should go like so:

long range: tap fire>burst fire>spray and pray>>>melee and nade spam
mid range: burst fire>tap fire>spray and pray>>>melee and nade spam
close range: spray and pray>burst fire>tap fire>>>melee and nade spam
CQC: melee and nade spam>spray and pray>burst fire>>>tap fire

There will always be the lucky man, luck's part of the game sometimes.
EU Tripper wrote:

The thing to take into account is that while the situation you're describing will inevitably happen, the person that paces their shots will almost always come out on top in an otherwise equal engagement beyond a certain distance. The closer you are, meaning the more of the enemy's body that is in the reticle, the more you can afford to let bloom stack since the enemy's body will still be taking up most of the affected area.

In the other direction, the further away you are, pacing shots keeps them accurate compared to the guy spraying and praying. Again, there will be occasional times where the sprayer will win, but that will be a lot rarer than the person pacing their shots winning.
I hate bloom now more than I did 9 years ago at launch.
EU Tripper wrote:

if isn't fun don't use bloom go play griftball or MLG simple or camp around with shotgun and armour lock
EU Tripper wrote:
EU Tripper wrote:

if isn't fun don't use bloom go play griftball or MLG simple or camp around with shotgun and armour lock
I will solely play the MLG list for this reason but it is a shame that modes like BTB and SWAT will be plagued with bloom. I'm also afraid that PC players will think it is a joke and stop playing altogether before realizing the MLG playlist has the settings they want.
EU Tripper wrote:
EU Tripper wrote:

I will solely play the MLG list for this reason but it is a shame that modes like BTB and SWAT will be plagued with bloom. I'm also afraid that PC players will think it is a joke and stop playing altogether before realizing the MLG playlist has the settings they want.
PC players will mostly use semi automatic weapons, when you have the accuracy of a mouse the slower, more accurate and more powerful semi auto weapons really shine.
Shkikri wrote:
EU Tripper wrote:
EU Tripper wrote:

PC players will mostly use semi automatic weapons, when you have the accuracy of a mouse the slower, more accurate and more powerful semi auto weapons really shine.
Of course...the DMR (a semi automatic gun) is what I've been talking about this whole time. PC players are used to recoil which can be controlled by pulling down the mouse. The bullets still go precisely where the crosshair is.

As a sidenote...even on console if you aren't using a precision weapon you are putting yourself at a severe disadvantage.
Shkikri wrote:
EU Tripper wrote:
EU Tripper wrote:

Of course...the DMR (a semi automatic gun) is what I've been talking about this whole time. PC players are used to recoil which can be controlled by pulling down the mouse. The bullets still go precisely where the crosshair is.

As a sidenote...even on console if you aren't using a precision weapon you are putting yourself at a severe disadvantage.
Not nessessarly actually, for exemple, doing that in CS is a mistake, the recoil and crosshair desync, if you keep the cross hair on target, you miss while spraying, in TF2, the revolver has spread, but doesn't kick the view at all, in Half Life the camera goes up, down, left and right. Each game has it's own way of doing it.
Bloom discourages spam. I think it actually helps an individual improve on their aim.
Agreed. It forces players to pace their shots for better accuracy. Sure, there are going to be times when full auto is recommended, like at near-point blank range, but pulsed shots will always be easier to hit with at anything longer than shotgun range.

Heck, the BR is a perfect example. Even if it had bloom, the forced delay between bursts would put the player's accuracy right back where it should be.
bloom is trash that slows ttk for no reason and polarizes the community
MaxiList wrote:
Bloom discourages spam. I think it actually helps an individual improve on their aim.
Agreed. It forces players to pace their shots for better accuracy. Sure, there are going to be times when full auto is recommended, like at near-point blank range, but pulsed shots will always be easier to hit with at anything longer than shotgun range.

Heck, the BR is a perfect example. Even if it had bloom, the forced delay between bursts would put the player's accuracy right back where it should be.
If you're looking for fast TTK, go play something like SWAT, where shields are removed and you use burst-fire or semi-automatic guns. The only difference between the older Halos and Reach is that Bungie overdid the bloom a bit and gave people a visual cue for it on the reticle. It's far easier for someone to pin blame on a mechanic when they can see visualizations of the mechanic in action.

As far as I can tell, the TTK in Reach is about the same as the previous games in the series. The only real delaying factor is if someone decides to pop Armor Lock, which wasn't in any previous game.
MaxiList wrote:

If you're looking for fast TTK, go play something like SWAT, where shields are removed and you use burst-fire or semi-automatic guns. The only difference between the older Halos and Reach is that Bungie overdid the bloom a bit and gave people a visual cue for it on the reticle. It's far easier for someone to pin blame on a mechanic when they can see visualizations of the mechanic in action.

As far as I can tell, the TTK in Reach is about the same as the previous games in the series. The only real delaying factor is if someone decides to pop Armor Lock, which wasn't in any previous game.
The reticle thing actually helps me hitting my shots. Here are my 2 cents.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2