Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Changed my PC specs two days ago

OP magicstunts123

Hi!
When i signed up for the MCC program i filled in the specs from my old Laptop, not knowing that i will build a PC soon.
So now, i changed the specs on my insider page. Could this late action effect my chance to participate?
Just curious.

Sincerely,
Tom
No one knows...
Hi!
When i signed up for the MCC program i filled in the specs from my old Laptop, not knowing that i will build a PC soon.
So now, i changed the specs on my insider page. Could this late action effect my chance to participate?
Just curious.

Sincerely,
Tom
Nobody knows for sure right now what criteria they're factoring in when choosing people, so it's anyone's guess. Upgraded specs might put you in a different testing bracket, but even then you'll likely still end up in a flight, it just might be a different one. The first flights are going to be a lot smaller, so most people won't get into those anyway.
I did it myself when I upgraded my gpu. I don't think it'll affect your chances, I think they haven't fully flushed out everyone in round 1 of testing yet otherwise they'd have sent out emails.
Hi!
Just curious.

Sincerely,
Tom
I should hope that helps your chances to participate earlier. Congrats on the new PC though. Its so satisfying turning it on for the first time.
No one knows the criteria for the flights yet so it's hard to say if changing your Dxdiag via the sign up will change anything. I think for accuracy purposes I would change them.

As much as everyone wants to participate in the flights we need to remember that feedback is the most important thing for 343 right now. Being honest about your computer specs is a good thing and what you are using is important.

If you have already upgraded to your new computer then I would upload a new one. If you are going to upgrade sometime soon, upload a new Dxdiag when you have done it.
Hi!
Just curious.

Sincerely,
Tom
I should hope that helps your chances to participate earlier. Congrats on the new PC though. Its so satisfying turning it on for the first time.
I would certainly think that having lower specs are good criteria for being picked as well, you can't test for and set minimum system requirements when you only invite people with the latest top of the line equipment for games a decade old.
Terg500 wrote:
Hi!
Just curious.

Sincerely,
Tom
I would certainly think that having lower specs are good criteria for being picked as well, you can't test for and set minimum system requirements when you only invite people with the latest top of the line equipment for games a decade old.
Hoping my 5930k gets me in. Uses less common 2011 cpu socket
Where do i go to change my specs, as ive upgraded since the sign up too
XxK1LL1NxX wrote:
This page, under 'PC Specifications'. Just delete the old DxDiag file and replace it with a new one.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
XxK1LL1NxX wrote:
This page, under 'PC Specifications'. Just delete the old DxDiag file and replace it with a new one.
Ah, thanks! I was wondering how to do that.