Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Console flight thoughts

OP x2Palex

Just wanna get a bunch of people talking about what they thought about the console flight for ODST towards the end.

I never managed to get a lot of matchmade games so I went through all the solo playlists for campaign, managed to get around 31 out of 35 recordings.
Campaign was smooth, a few noticeable (but very useful) bugs, like some enemies wouldn't move or attack if you were within a certain range or if they were obstructed by something. Worked best on wraiths.

Firefight was fun but I basically just had it set up as a slaughter fest, BR felt great.
x2Palex wrote:
Just wanna get a bunch of people talking about what they thought about the console flight for ODST towards the end.

I never managed to get a lot of matchmade games so I went through all the solo playlists for campaign, managed to get around 31 out of 35 recordings.
Campaign was smooth, a few noticeable (but very useful) bugs, like some enemies wouldn't move or attack if you were within a certain range or if they were obstructed by something. Worked best on wraiths.

Firefight was fun but I basically just had it set up as a slaughter fest, BR felt great.
I was in the Xbox One flights too. My main focus was ODST Firefight and I didn't play much H3 multiplayer. It felt good to have this FF version in the MCC running at a nice 1080p 60FPS. I love the new customization options that were added in and cannot wait to see what else 343 can do with ODST. Matchmaking capabilities are great. I found some bugs here and there, but 343 already knew about a large majority of them and patched them gradually throughout the test process. Overall it was very thorough and enjoyable.
x2Palex wrote:

I was in the Xbox One flights too. My main focus was ODST Firefight and I didn't play much H3 multiplayer. It felt good to have this FF version in the MCC running at a nice 1080p 60FPS. I love the new customization options that were added in and cannot wait to see what else 343 can do with ODST. Matchmaking capabilities are great. I found some bugs here and there, but 343 already knew about a large majority of them and patched them gradually throughout the test process. Overall it was very thorough and enjoyable.
Without a doubt, they done a really good job with it, br with infinite ammo is certainly enjoyable
I was on the Xbox One flights but I was really hoping to get an invite to the PC flights. I was disappointed.
Legitsky wrote:
I was on the Xbox One flights but I was really hoping to get an invite to the PC flights. I was disappointed.
Personally I'd always choose console flighting over pc any day. Pc is fun for custom games and modding (not hacking) but console is IMO the best.