Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Custom Browser Questions

OP SysopIsAFK

I read today about the game browser and I have some questions:

Repeat Option: Does that mean it will repeat the last game played?

Team Changing options:
Will you be able to change teams while in the game?
Will there be "AUTO TEAM BALANCING?" ( a must have IMHO )

map and mode selections:
Does this mean when hosting a game there will be some type auto map rotation script?

Admin Commands:

Will the host be able to kick and ban morons off the server while "IN GAME?"

Will there be Map Voting?
SysopIsAFK wrote:

Team Changing options:

map and mode selections:
Does this mean when hosting a game there will be some type auto map rotation script?

Admin Commands:

I agre with you about the Cousy on game browser, but Map Voting maybe there isn’t in the final release
Cistola wrote:
SysopIsAFK wrote:

Team Changing options:

map and mode selections:

Admin Commands:

I agre with you about the Cousy on game browser, but Map Voting maybe there isn’t in the final release
I hope I get answers on the OP post I made. It is very important for me to know.
Thanks ;)
When does it officially come into halo insider and when it does how do I update it
When does it officially come into halo insider and when it does how do I update it
Custom Game Browser won't happen this flight(if i read Postum's tweet correctly)
https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1369784596523454465
Custom Game Browser won't happen this flight(if i read Postum's tweet correctly)
In a recent post from a couple days ago they say that next week we are implementing the custom browser I’m just waiting now they extended the flight
In a recent post from a couple days ago they say that next week we are implementing the custom browser I’m just waiting now they extended the flight
Look at the date on the tweet. That's the most up-to-date information available right now. It doesn't sound like it's happening this flight.

As for OP's actual questions:
  1. Fairly certain you will be able to change teams in custom games without leaving the game. I recall this being addressed(and maybe even included in the current flight???) some time back. Autobalance, no word AFAIK.
  2. Pure speculation here, but you probably just tell the server what game modes and maps you wanna use and it randomizes.
  3. Hopefully there'd be some actual admin commands available, but it sounds like you're just borrowing a server to host custom games off of instead of using your own machine to host, so I doubt it'd be anything more than vote kicking. Hope I'm wrong and that dedicated player-hosted servers actually do exist with this browser.
  4. Haven't actually seen anything on voting within custom game sessions, so I doubt it.
Like the person above said, check the date of the tweet. Customs Browser isn’t happening anymore in this flight. If it needs more time for it to be ready then it needs more time.
By the sounds of it we’ll see it within the next flight whenever that is
TruerBlade wrote:
Look at the date on the tweet. That's the most up-to-date information available right now. It doesn't sound like it's happening this flight.

1. Fairly certain you will be able to change teams in custom games without leaving the game. I recall this being addressed(and maybe even included in the current flight???) some time back. Autobalance, no word AFAIK.
  2. Pure speculation here, but you probably just tell the server what game modes and maps you wanna use and it randomizes.
  3. Hopefully there'd be some actual admin commands available, but it sounds like you're just borrowing a server to host custom games off of instead of using your own machine to host, so I doubt it'd be anything more than vote kicking. Hope I'm wrong and that dedicated player-hosted servers actually do exist with this browser.
  4. Haven't actually seen anything on voting within custom game sessions, so I doubt it.
TrueBlade Stated:
it sounds like you're just borrowing a server to host custom games off of instead of using your own machine to host.
-------------------
Well it would be kinda hard to run a Halo MCC PC dedicated server if there is no Dedicated Server Software for Halo MCC PC. At this time you are forced to use your own computer unless you know where I can get some dedicated server software lol. I am thinking of just running the hosting end of the game on my laptop and then loging into the game using my gaming machine. In order to do that I would have to pay the $40 for the game to do that to run it on my laptop. But for now I am going to wait for now till I find out how the Custom Game Browser is setup when it gets released. ( I hope soon ). Then I'll decide what to do about a dedicated server setup for Halo MCC PC.
SysopIsAFK wrote:
TruerBlade wrote:

TrueBlade Stated:
it sounds like you're just borrowing a server to host custom games off of instead of using your own machine to host.
-------------------
Well it would be kinda hard to run a Halo MCC PC dedicated server if there is no Dedicated Server Software for Halo MCC PC. At this time you are forced to use your own computer unless you know where I can get some dedicated server software lol. I am thinking of just running the hosting end of the game on my laptop and then loging into the game using my gaming machine. In order to do that I would have to pay the $40 for the game to do that to run it on my laptop. But for now I am going to wait for now till I find out how the Custom Game Browser is setup when it gets released. ( I hope soon ). Then I'll decide what to do about a dedicated server setup for Halo MCC PC.
I hope to god we get dedicated server software, and with it the ability to host 100% custom maps like Source games allow where you just download the map and the game does the rest. A man can dream.
What is the ETA for the customs browser? This month or next month?
Boundful wrote:
No ETA has been posted just yet, all we know is that Phase 1 won't be in the current flight. I imagine we may get more info in the weekly dev update tomorrow
stckrboy wrote:
Boundful wrote:
No ETA has been posted just yet, all we know is that Phase 1 won't be in the current flight. I imagine we may get more info in the weekly dev update tomorrow
Thanks king, hopefully its soon. Customs is what Halo is all about! Thats where all the fun is! Its hard finding and making new friends these days, the browser will make it so easy to have fun and find great people! And I love fun and great people!
stckrboy wrote:
Boundful wrote:
Pretty sure the update last Friday said they were targeting this week for a release if they can work through all their current blockers.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
Pretty sure the update last Friday said they were targeting this week for a release if they can work through all their current blockers.
Correct, but that has since been ruled out:
Quote:
Hey all,

As a heads up, the team is making progress on this week's game update, but CGB will require time that is beyond the scope of the current flight.
We will be updating the flight, but unfortunately Phase 1 for CGB will not be flighted at this time.

Cheers, Postums
stckrboy wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
Correct, but that has since been ruled out:
Quote:
Hey all,

As a heads up, the team is making progress on this week's game update, but CGB will require time that is beyond the scope of the current flight.
We will be updating the flight, but unfortunately Phase 1 for CGB will not be flighted at this time.

Cheers, Postums
AHHHHH MMAAAANNNN! No CGB? WOW Really? lol WOW! Thats gotta suck lol O'well life goes on sniff sniff. lol
Will the creater of the custom game be able to enable/disable team switch?
Will the creater of the custom game be able to enable/disable team switch?
I hope we get a setting for "Auto Team Balancing" so we have the option to turn it on or off.