OP DrewMatic6309

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
A lot of people had communications opted out on their insider profile, which is why many didn't get invites.

Which makes sense because usually when you sign up for something, the communications opt in usually only has to do with agreeing to get sent marketing, advertising, and promotional material. I usually always opt out of such things because my email gets cluttered with marketing junk.

IMO It could have been clearer on the sign up that you need to opt in to communications in order to get an invite. Literally all it says on the sign up page is a checkbox field saying: "I would like information, tips, and offers about the Halo franchise". I can see why people would opt out of that, thinking it was just asking them to agree to get sent spam.

To those that didn't get invites; make sure you opt in to communications.
Wow….I’m thinking what? That is really unfortunate. I had all green but didn’t click on that ….damn…There were 2 communication options I only opted for one but apparently not the right one…..I’m trying not to be upset but they should have focused on this rather than constantly reminding people to sign up. If this is the reason I didn’t get the flight I’m kinda disappointed in them for not communicating this.

When I signed up I received an email right away so I assumed they would be able to send the invite
Hopefully we can get one by Thursday.
Unfortunately no.
I got mine. Anyone who doesn’t should make sure to check all sections of their emails. I thought I didn’t get invited at first, but my invitation was in my junk mail
Are they still sending out emails?
I checked my Gmail, nothing yet, lol.
yo still waiting
Se supone hoy sería último día que recibirán la invitación si no la reciben al final del día creo que no fueron seleccionados.
Recourser wrote:
A lot of people had communications opted out on their insider profile, which is why many didn't get invites.

Which makes sense because usually when you sign up for something, the communications opt in usually only has to do with agreeing to get sent marketing, advertising, and promotional material. I usually always opt out of such things because my email gets cluttered with marketing junk.

IMO It could have been clearer on the sign up that you need to opt in to communications in order to get an invite. Literally all it says on the sign up page is a checkbox field saying: "I would like information, tips, and offers about the Halo franchise". I can see why people would opt out of that, thinking it was just asking them to agree to get sent spam.

Wow….I’m thinking what? That is really unfortunate. I had all green but didn’t click on that ….damn…There were 2 communication options I only opted for one but apparently not the right one…..I’m trying not to be upset but they should have focused on this rather than constantly reminding people to sign up. If this is the reason I didn’t get the flight I’m kinda disappointed in them for not communicating this.

When I signed up I received an email right away so I assumed they would be able to send the invite
I'm willing to bet that most people who didn't get invited didn't have that one checkbox checked.

So silly the way they did it. Why would anybody sign up for insider if they weren't willing to get invites to be an insider? It should have literally said " You must agree to communications in order to receive flight invitations" on the signup page itself. Not some blog post or tweet. They knew how many people would be signing up for insider only to get access to flights. The way they worded it made it sound like you were agreeing to get spam.

If I hadn't seen the tweet from some random on Twitter two days ago, I wouldn't have had it checked off either.
Recourser wrote:

I'm willing to bet that most people who didn't get invited didn't have that one checkbox checked.

So silly the way they did it. Why would anybody sign up for insider if they weren't willing to get invites to be an insider? It should have literally said " You must agree to communications in order to receive flight invitations" on the signup page itself. Not some blog post or tweet. They knew how many people would be signing up for insider only to get access to flights. The way they worded it made it sound like you were agreeing to get spam.

If I hadn't seen the tweet from some random on Twitter two days ago, I wouldn't have had it checked off either.
Does that mean you got invited?
I haven't received the invitation for the Halo Infinite Flights.
Sadly no, but hopefully in future tests I will.
Recourser wrote:
Recourser wrote:

No, even though I had everything filled out properly I still didn't get invited. In my frustration I've been looking for answers and have come across a lot of people getting fooled by that communications checkbox.
I got my email notification, but nothing on waypoint just yet, but the email did tell me to keep an eye on my notification center.
Hi
I got mine! Says starting the 29th! I am BEYOND amped. Let’s go!!! Cheers to everyone else that got it, and the ones that didn’t - keep those fingers crossed!
Recourser wrote:
Recourser wrote:

No, even though I had everything filled out properly I still didn't get invited. In my frustration I've been looking for answers and have come across a lot of people getting fooled by that communications checkbox.
Damn. That’s worse in a way. Sorry to hear that,
How long did it take to get it
My feeling of saltiness is unparalleled.
Got mine about 45 minutes ago. Keep checking everybody
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11