Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Flight participant shortage?

OP DeadPumpkinHead

I read in the community update you guys didn't have as many participants in this odst flight as you'd of liked. I've been opted in for weeks and patiently waiting for an email. I'd like to get on board.
I read in the community update you guys didn't have as many participants in this odst flight as you'd of liked. I've been opted in for weeks and patiently waiting for an email. I'd like to get on board.
The flight ended a few days ago.
I think they actively avoided inviting people who participated in previous flights. Would explain why my friends and I ended up getting in every single other flight except this one. We took part, reported bugs, followed up on ticket replies on the insider support site. Nobody got an invite this time around.
I think they actively avoided inviting people who participated in previous flights. Would explain why my friends and I ended up getting in every single other flight except this one. We took part, reported bugs, followed up on ticket replies on the insider support site. Nobody got an invite this time around.
I think this is bcz of pc specs. Lower end pc get the better chances
This is what I've thought too but so far I got all flights for PC steam (with a super potato of a PC) except this one. ODST was for Xbox directly.

They should get rid of that insider stuff and open to beta to everyone who is willing/interested to try it out. They may be not getting more big reports but at least they can gather a lot of metrics what's going on/people are playing etc.
This is what I've thought too but so far I got all flights for PC steam (with a super potato of a PC) except this one. ODST was for Xbox directly.

They should get rid of that insider stuff and open to beta to everyone who is willing/interested to try it out. They may be not getting more big reports but at least they can gather a lot of metrics what's going on/people are playing etc.
They want to make some stuff secret. I don't know why
x N7 117 x wrote:
The flight ended a few days ago.
Bummer.
That's actually wrong. 343i is looking for different variations in computer specs such as memory, gpu, etc to ensure that the game is optimized for really any recent gaming rig.
Yea I was confused why so many people missed out on the flight invite
You didn't miss too much. The devs did an amazing job, it worked flawlessly in every way for me but the game wasn't at all fun. I really tried but I just couldn't :( Given the state it was in I'm certain a release is imminent very soon in case you do like it.
The ODST flight felt dead to me. Couldn't find games most of the time.