Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Flights downloads

OP Loruthar

So I guess we'll get to download content as we'd get flights... Would we have any kind of pre-download thing before the flight test begins? Cos with my poor connexion, I dare say I'd lose one day if I'm not prepared! (I usually let my computer on during nights for games updates...)
I'm not 100% but usualy they will drop the download link / files for the people who got accepted into flighting, then give them a time when it starts, i doubt they would drop the files and then instantly start, as no one would be able to play
There is no confirmation on pre-installation.
I'm not 100% but usualy they will drop the download link / files for the people who got accepted into flighting, then give them a time when it starts, i doubt they would drop the files and then instantly start, as no one would be able to play
I think they will go about it this way. Makes the most sense. They don’t want people wasting too much time downloading during testing days/hours.
I think they will just drop a general download link then, after downloading and logging in, The game checks the flight you're doing (MP, Solo, Coop, etc) and forward you to that. And if you're not in a flight rn , error message and shut down.
Skoop wrote:
I think they will go about it this way. Makes the most sense. They don’t want people wasting too much time downloading during testing days/hours.
With MCC insider in the past files were available for a whole weekend period but within that there were set playtest times. You normally could access it outside those times (unless a patch/fix was being applied serverside) but obviously that allows for up to 24 hours predownload time before a playtest
How much of the game do you actually download for a flight?
How much of the game do you actually download for a flight?
Depends on what they're testing.
Why would they give it out to everyone and waste the download servers for the overflow of people who most likely won’t get into flights
Why would they give it out to everyone and waste the download servers for the overflow of people who most likely won’t get into flights
People are asking about being able to download the game after they're accepted, but before scheduled testing begins. Not if everyone can download it even if they're not in a flight.
If they didnt have a preinstallation process, then there would be a bit of a delay of people. Unless some people have private business internet like 10 gigabit ethernet or something over the top like that. Preinstallation would be great not just so people with bad internet can download it, but so people in general can just get some time to download it. Such as when you preorder games, they let you preinstall the game so you can play it right on release date (in my own experience)