Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Future Halo Content Creator With No Flight Invites

OP ChicagoSanta

Months ago I heard about pc flighting and I immediately signed up as an insider. I played hundreds of hours of reach many years ago. Recently I stream and occasionally make videos for games like fortnite and overwatch. Although I am a small content creator, I really want to make daily videos of Halo Reach on PC and I'm disappointed that I haven't received a flight invite. From the day PC Halo reach was announced I began practicing my aim for 4 hours a day to prepare to make videos for this specific game. https://youtu.be/wDd4jBG_ibs (one of my routines if anyone was curious) Anyways I just wanted to make this post to have some sort of involvement as an insider. In the meantime I'll go back to watching ubernick and mintblitz to try and enjoy the game through them and I'm watching my email closely🧐😅
Specifically being selected due to being a content creator is extremely unlikely. From the numbers we've got right now, going off of a previous flight, they chose ~100 people out of the tens/hundreds of thousands specifically for that reason. Everyone else is chosen randomly.

Basically, being a content creator still doesn't guarantee an invite, since there are definitely way more content creators out in the general pool than the 100 or so selected previously.
As said above a very small percentage of content creators have received invites outside of the usual batches, and they're likely the ones with a strong presence in the Halo community already. For now you'll need to test your luck with regular invites, I'm afraid. Failing that the full release likely isn't too far away, so it shouldn't be a huge hiccup.
So a few things to unpack here.

As stated above, not all content creators are invited to flights. I checked your channel out and you are not averaging nearly enough views to generate any incentive for 343 to directly choose you. (if that was even their goal in the first place). [Please dont take that as an insult my channel is about the same]

When checking your service record, you have no games played on either halo mcc or halo 5 to the profile you have linked. That makes your profile appear inactive and not as likely to revive an invite as they dont want to send invites to bots to be redistributed. As well as weeding out non vetted halo players.

Lastly, this flight is meant to test. Not create exclusive content for creators. Yes, they absolutely want people to be excited for MCC on PC and Reach on the MCC in general. But their goal is to hammer out some of the underlying issues between the steam and windows 10 versions.

These may not be 100% accurate. But its what I have taken away from the flights in the past.
Az August wrote:
So a few things to unpack here.

As stated above, not all content creators are invited to flights. I checked your channel out and you are not averaging nearly enough views to generate any incentive for 343 to directly choose you. (if that was even their goal in the first place). [Please dont take that as an insult my channel is about the same]When checking your service record, you have no games played on either halo mcc or halo 5 to the profile you have linked. That makes your profile appear inactive and not as likely to revive an invite as they dont want to send invites to bots to be redistributed. As well as weeding out non vetted halo players.

Lastly, this flight is meant to test. Not create exclusive content for creators. Yes, they absolutely want people to be excited for MCC on PC and Reach on the MCC in general. But their goal is to hammer out some of the underlying issues between the steam and windows 10 versions.

These may not be 100% accurate. But its what I have taken away from the flights in the past.
how am i supposed to let them know that i not an incative account since i dont have an xbox to play on
PGryan wrote:
Az August wrote:
how am i supposed to let them know that i not an incative account since i dont have an xbox to play on
Let your service record speak for itself. Random selection means past experience doesn't have much of an effect on you getting chosen or not. In my case, I've played all the way up to Halo 4, but didn't continue onto Halo 5 because I didn't want to get an Xbox One just for one game, yet it doesn't mean I'm any less active in following Halo stuff.

It really all comes down to chance at the end of the day. An individual has less than 1% chance of being selected for a flight, going off of current numbers. The best you can do is cross your fingers and hope you get lucky, like the rest of us.
PGryan wrote:
Az August wrote:
Random selection means past experience doesn't have much of an effect on you getting chosen or not.
As far as I understand. These flights have specific targets that if met are more likely to get you into a specific build.

IE: Next planned flight is specifically for windows 7 users. If you are not using windows 7, you are likely not going to be selected.

This particular build we are on right now may have had targets that pertain to specific hardware or software being run on your machine.

Those are the kind of things they are looking for when you are selected for a flight. Its not entirely random.

As stated above. Having a strong service record is one of many things that may be targeted for invites. Not necessarily the only thing needed.
You aren't entitled to being selected based on what you do on social media.
Don't try to guilt trip 343 in to handing you an invite. I'll be honest, you're a dime a dozen in the world of "content creators". Especially with your 27 subscribers. You are NOT entitled to a key just because you have a YouTube and Twitch account. There are people out there who have significantly larger channels than you do who did not get in to the flight. Seriously, don't be that guy. It's pathetic.
The sad truth is being stated, everyone wants access tho so mad respect for trying your luck :)
Being a content creator isn't just an automatic invite on its own, it's about contributing. The bigger Halo youtubers may have been selected, based on what they help do for the franchise and their passion, but the majority of Insiders are selected based on what data they can add to the system.

I don't see the point in being dissapointed, because it was told from the very beginning that it would be a limited selection. Like others you will just have to wait till the eventual release. Besides you don't have much Halo playtime credibility based on what i see in your service record, so you would not make it high on the priority list either.
I also noticed you have made a post after this one, stating you're trying to be more of an active insider by posting more: While it is great you try to be more active with the community, it won't make a difference and automatically grant you a free-pass into the Inside flights.

Those who should be invited, have been invite and unless 343 says otherwise, trying to push for an invitation wont help your cause mate.
Wow you all are so wise👌 really bringing up things I hadn't considered😂 and to that one guy that said it was a guilt trip it couldn't be that I want to make my presence known and network with other insiders? I'm just anxiously waiting here like everyone else who didn't get an invite. I'm trying to be an Active insider and pass the time. No need to be rude or take an introductory forum post so seriously.
Wow you all are so wise👌 really bringing up things I hadn't considered😂 and to that one guy that said it was a guilt trip it couldn't be that I want to make my presence known and network with other insiders? I'm just anxiously waiting here like everyone else who didn't get an invite. I'm trying to be an Active insider and pass the time. No need to be rude or take an introductory forum post so seriously.
A shameless plug essentially begging for an invite is far from an introduction. If you want respect, there's better ways to do it. As far as the flight goes, this current one is supposed to be the last. There's no word as to if more invites will go out considering the extension. Release is close enough that you'll live if you don't get into this flight. Even after your strenuous 4 hour sessions.
This all sounds just like that vine. "You're disrespecting a future US army soldier".
You say you try to be an active Insider but all you really did, was stating you were dissapointed in not getting an invite as if 343 had promised you one, advertising yourself as a streamer/content maker AND showing a clip of you shooting stuff in Fortnite. Nothing about that has anything to do with being a Halo Insider.
Had you been watching Insider Flight footage, discussing the content within and what you had observed... Well yes then you'd be an active part to some extent.

No one is being abnormally rude, but you do have a rather self-entitled attitude in your first post on these forums, which doesn't give you much respect nor credit to work with.
Hopefully that'll improve for your own sake. No hatred from here.
On a more serious note, they should’ve allowed this for public release regardless. That way they can test servers on high demand for when the game finally does arrive and can also take early action on any cheaters and hackers. People who are selected based on their history of the game (aka people who are devoted to the game), are less likely to hack and cheat because they love the game and don’t want their invitation access revoked. So this “test” is clearly not being done in a proactive and future-proof manner.
Months ago I heard about pc flighting and I immediately signed up as an insider. I played hundreds of hours of reach many years ago. Recently I stream and occasionally make videos for games like fortnite and overwatch. Although I am a small content creator, I really want to make daily videos of Halo Reach on PC and I'm disappointed that I haven't received a flight invite. From the day PC Halo reach was announced I began practicing my aim for 4 hours a day to prepare to make videos for this specific game. https://youtu.be/wDd4jBG_ibs (one of my routines if anyone was curious) Anyways I just wanted to make this post to have some sort of involvement as an insider. In the meantime I'll go back to watching ubernick and mintblitz to try and enjoy the game through them and I'm watching my email closely🧐😅
I don't what to say other than its just tough luck that you didn't get in. Really only a small number of people signed up for the insider program actually got in despite this being the biggest flight yet.
They're not being rude, they're just stating the obvious that you are part of the vast majority for not being invited to a flight. Also if you want to make your presence known on the forums, don't start by calling yourself a "future content creator" and making yourself feel entitled to an invite because you've practised for 4 hours and make videos. The least you could do is complain that you haven't been invited and give a bit of feedback on how it can be improved. Despite all that reach will release soon and I'm sure you're channel will grow once it releases.