2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. 37
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. ...
  9. 41
stability wise seems good. Havent had too much time but played some matches with no issues build wise.

Controllers need to go. Its so obvious when someone is using one.

Sure, for top tier 1% comp play it isnt as big of an issue but you can take a controller into a chill social match and annihilate average joe kbm players, while having no skill yourself.
Let me start by saying that Aim Assist on Reach & CE does not bother me one bit. I'm able to be perfectly competitive & feel it works well to bridge the gap between KB/M players.

Halo 2 Insider(both) however... It's literally unplayable in multiplayer with KB/M. I really don't think it should be removed completely, as that would give the opposite problem, but SOMETHING needs to be done about it before release. Whether that be input based matchmaking, or simply tone it down to the same level as Reach & CE, I really don't care.

I will not be touching Halo 2 on release if nothing is done about it. It's simply impossible to compete with the literal aim bot that controllers get currently.
Exactly. Other issue is crosshair is massive. So if you are playing without aim assist its even harder. Bigger crosshair is fine with aim assist as it does the work, but with a mouse the crosshair needs to be the right size for the spread. I think this is a known issue but yes its gotta get sorted.

Otherwise ill just run a controller as well, being another reason someone quits. All my recent matches, even in social, have been with groups of 4 premades rolling us with aim assist. It isnt fair. Yeh, 1v1 i can beat em but i need to be at 100%, they dont have to.
MCC Halo game : Halo 2 Anniversary

FEEDBACK: Second feedback I post, first with the 1.1499 build. Glad to see the crouch+movement already fixed. But, while I've seen improvement over the stability of the game, there are still stutterings in the campaign, at least in the Anniversary graphics (The Oracle remains almost unplayable for me). Thankfully, no problems regarding framerate in the multiplayer.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Campaign
  • When I got the section of Metropolis where you have to fight the 2 wraiths + jackal snipers before the scarab sequence, I kept dying because either 1) my ally would drive the tank into one of the wraiths for a quick death 2) I would drive but the ally would only shoot if I got really close to the wraiths, which would kill me and 3) the other warthog that is suppose to work with me would flip after the checkpoint, and the ally AI would break being no help whatsoever.
    Then there's the fact that the Gauss cannon does no damage to the wraiths. I must sunk 20ish shots into one of the wraiths and it still didn't kill it. The only way I was able to beat this section was by sniping the jackals, dropping down and hijacking a wraith, hijack the other one, then take out the ghosts. Idk if maybe I suck but it seems like all enemy vehicles on heroic seem like bullet/explosion sponges.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Multiplayer (Non Anniversary)
  • FEEDBACK: Graphics stutter terribly without vsync but limiting the framerate to 60
  • Halo2A has the stutter you'd expect from disabling vsync but vanilla is a whole different story, sometimes it looks like it's running at 30 fps or less yet the framerate is locked to 60 shown by the steam overlay.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Campaign
  • When I got the section of Metropolis where you have to fight the 2 wraiths + jackal snipers before the scarab sequence, I kept dying because either 1) my ally would drive the tank into one of the wraiths for a quick death 2) I would drive but the ally would only shoot if I got really close to the wraiths, which would kill me and 3) the other warthog that is suppose to work with me would flip after the checkpoint, and the ally AI would break being no help whatsoever.
    Then there's the fact that the Gauss cannon does no damage to the wraiths. I must sunk 20ish shots into one of the wraiths and it still didn't kill it. The only way I was able to beat this section was by sniping the jackals, dropping down and hijacking a wraith, hijack the other one, then take out the ghosts. Idk if maybe I suck but it seems like all enemy vehicles on heroic seem like bullet/explosion sponges.
Odd about the Gauss canon not doing damage. I took out the wraiths last night in 3 or 4 shots but I was only playing on normal difficulty. I also didn't have any issue with the AI driver, but again- on normal difficulty it may have been different.
Just wanted to quickly throw in my two cents on the Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer. Where I appreciate that enhancements for PC over console are not a priority right now (understandable), would it be possible in the furture to enhance the visuals in the Anniversary Multiplayer for PC? The lack of self-casting shadows and AO on player models and weapon models is a stark contrast to the enviroment the combat is taking place in.
Halo 2A Campaign
  • The Oracle: It seemed like the crosshairs on the banshee were way higher up than where the actual fire was. I couldn't hit anything.
  • Delta Halo: In the section where the marine (riding on the side of the tank) says something like, "They're all pouring out of the middle" The tank randomly flips clear across the map. I thought something shot me possibly so I tried it again. I didn't hit anything with the tank and there were no enemies near me, yet this kept happening in the same exact spot. I replicated the tank flipping 3 times before just trekking on foot instead.
  • Quarantine Zone: In there area where Steve Vai's guitar playing queues (very beginning of the level) the specter kept randomly jumping up and getting thrown off the platform spinning. This happened several times. Every time it happened I was driving and the gunner was shooting one of those large shielded sentinels.
  • Quarantine Zone: In the same area as above, I kept getting shot by a random enemy that I couldn't see. Never did find it.
  • Quarantine Zone: The lighting was super dark on the section with the floating transport (segment just before reaching the library). I was playing it with the gamma on 5 which was fine everywhere else. I had to bump it to 5.4 to see the flood not holding beam swords. Conversely, the section where the platform first starts to go upwards, the bottom of the platform seemed to suddenly get brighter than a super nova. This was only an issue for a few seconds.
  • Gravemind: Just before Cortana reverses the gravity lift and tells you to jump in, the Brute Captain wielding a brute shot randomly disappeared. He then reappeared on a pillar halfway between the upper level and lower level of the grav-lift where he one-shotted me. It's entirely possible that this is not a glitch and just terrible luck, but he was still there when it reloaded the checkpoint.
With the latest update the game feels much better, but it does still have fps drops and stuttering through the campaign and the loading screen takes quite a long time.
It also still has audio issues but I'm guessing this will be fixed when Reach does aswell.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Campaign Cooperative
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: From my player perspective, it seems to be directly tied to however you do your input validation, thus my key presses don't execute until the server receives and validates every single action. I understand this is the safer route, but no game ever does this, it's trash, and it feels like trash for the player. It also makes acceptable levels of ping (90,120, which is ok even for high action games) feel like I'm connected from the moon. Client trust is what you need.
Latest update allows me to progress delta halo, however, there is alot of stuttering. I went as far as downgrading my settings from 4k resolution down to 720 and still have alot of stuttering pass the waterfall. completable, but after you kill the elite honor guards in the temple you hear some breif singing and a cut scene is shown for a split second before going to the arbitor's mission.
Have to echo the sentiments of much regarding Controller aim assist on H2C and H2A. It's not as bad on H2A, but it is definitely palpable on H2C, and M/KB feels utterly sluggish in comparison, and I have noticed the auto aim tracking me through walls and such. Deal-breaker for me right there as a PC player. Definitely needs to be retuned to not be so broken.
I just finished up with the Halo 2 PC Flight. I focused on the Anniversary Campaign missions, since I typically only play Campaign and Co-Op Campaign.

Overall, very good for a Beta! I encountered several of the known issues, such as lower textures being used randomly, FPS drops, etc.

Things I experienced that I did not see listed in "Known Issue,":

- Very occasionally, odd physics issues. Once I ran into an invisible Brute Plasma Rifle that was on the ground, and it kicked forward at a fast pace. I was able to reproduce this with a Checkpoint reload. This happened on the High Charity mission. Another example from the same mission, and enraged Brute was chasing me down a corridor that was on a heavy slope (an area relatively close to the Mausoleum of the Arbiter). The Brute jumped and me, and flew in a straight line half way down the ramp!
- I noticed the Antialiasing on some vegetation seems lesser than on my Xbox One X.
- The initial load times for a level are quite long compared to the Xbox One X version. I'd say well over doubled.
- I had severe FPS drops occur mid mission on every mission save Cairo Station.They'd often occur when little was going on, and occasionally on death animations.
- I noticed the enemy AI was not always behaving properly, where Jackals often would _not_ raise their shields to protect themselves (not 100% consistent, but happened regularly enough), and sometimes enemies would stand around in limbo, both Covenant and Flood enemies. I do not recall them doing this on Xbox One.

Overall though, with a little more polish, the "Anniversary" Campaign will be good to do. This beta version was quite playable and a lot of fun!

My PC specs, for reference, are:

- Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10 GHz
- 16 GB DDR3 Ram
- nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Windforce OC 6G with the 445.87 Drivers
- 1 TB HDD
- Windows 10 Home November 2019 Update
- Samsung SyncMaster P2270 connected with an HDMI to DVI Cable
- Xbox Wireless Controller connected via the USB Cable from the Xbox Play & Charge Kit

Note I played the game at Fullscreen 1080p, Enhanced Graphics Quality, 60 FPS Cap.
I was redirected here by a mod on the Steam forums on a thread asking for the ability to change audio types at the menu to be able to use classic audio with remastered graphics and vice-versa like Halo:CE has now and would like to show my overwhelming support for the possibility of making this a feature.
Hey guys, how long does it usually take to find a match in the scheduled play sessions? Im waiting for about 10 mins and find nobody... Doing anything wrong?
in H2A The music in classic mode seems to be quieter and at low volume even though i have music set at max.
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 / Halo 2 Anniversary

*As for the campaign, it would be good to remove the cowardly behavior of the allied spec ops grunts. That behavior is a big problem for their survival in flood levels especially unlike the heretic faction, they are extremely aggressive and do not run away or when you are spartan, it's common to fight againts dangerous grunts.

I have fixed this problem by changing the style of the characters (it seems the personality) of spec ops grunt to heretic grunt using a tag editing tool and it is an improvement that I consider very necessary.

*Another common problem is when your allied elite is victim of a plasma grenade, sometimes it reacts with the animation of the ultra elite when they unsheathe the energetic sword when the enemy gets too close. Since the traditional elite has no backup weapon, simply he loses the current weapon and he won't be able to fight when this happens..

*Problem with AI when your allies don't follow you, a good example is especially at the "Uprising" level.. It is very annoying to have to push the elites to advance, especially the elite zealot.

*Please increase the brightness of the heretic elites armor in the remastered campaign. The current brightness looks like poorly painted lights.

*Multiplayer: Fix armor lights for elite covenant skin in multiplayer. (recently the green lights works but it's still necessary to fix the complete set of lights as it works in the campaign)

There is much more but some people have already suggested it and others require a better explanation and btw, people miss some campaing tracks from the original soundtrack..

ADDITIONAL INFO: And of course, if it were possible to remaster the rest of the multiplayer maps, it would be great.
HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY FEEDBACK/QUESTION about multiplayer

Will Halo 2 Anniversary get the weapon sets/loadouts feature added back to social multiplayer? Because I noticed that even auto-slayer playlist doesn’t have it currently...
I am giving feed back for MCC Halo 2 Insider

• Campaign Feedback
The campaign is nice and fun, legendary difficulty is just as hard as everyone says I couldn't even get past the first level so I turned it down to heroic. The cutscenes work well and are beautiful. I haven't any problems with the campaign.
  • Multiplayer Feedback
The multiplayer is fun and competitive, I have lagged twice in game, but that's about it. The anniversary mode is pretty good it doesn't change much to the core Gameplay except the graphics. Overall multiplayer is a fun new experience, Its got a learning curve that I'll have to get used since I've been mostly playing CE.
  • Theater Feedback
Theater works well and is nice to use, but I wish you could go through objects like you were in a noclip type mode and the height of the map was raised so you could get a top down view. Being able to view other players is great and see what was going while you were doing something else. I have been wondering is there a way to edit clips and save them or is that not available? Theater has been good and its a nice new addition.
  • Misc/Other Feedback
I do feel like the controllers aim assist is too strong, it's like the other players I'm fighting have aimbot, I know you have to make it fair to controller players and maybe it is and I just need to get better, but thats really it for this section.

Thank you for sending me a insiders key I am HIGHLY appreciative.
I'm disappointed to see that pulling up the scoreboard in Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer still interrupts other input. I know that's how it is on console too but it's still an incredibly frustrating and obtrusive experience, not to mention inconsistent with the rest of the games. In other Halo games you can keep moving while looking at the scoreboard. Reach at least allows movement but disables looking around with the scoreboard up.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. 37
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. ...
  9. 41