4. 38
  5. 39
  6. 40
  7. ...
  8. 41
When does the current flight end?
parra1998 wrote:
Colman1014 wrote:
um, why i can't find any multiplayer match in MCC insider halo 2, it is just no one is playing that is near me?
I have the same problen in the Steam MCC and in the MCC Insider in microsoft store
i think they are taking down the servers at 10 am pst
maybe youve already hit it as far as i know
Great start for the flight for Halo 2 and 2 Anniversary! No big issues I have encountered personally. Just minor ones like a few game crashes while playing Delta Halo and trying to play/load up Bloodline map in custom games but a simple restart of my PC would usually fix the problem. I noticed while dual welding that any weapon you have in your right hand would be deafened for some reason? As soon as you dropped the weapon in your left it would return to normal (only occurred in Halo 2 Anniversary maps) but should be fixed by time final version is released.
In the mission Cairo station I noticed that there is no real "gravity" it's just a higher jump for me anyways and I am not going as far as i would normally when I jump, like in the original.
The Scorpion on anniversary MP(Custom game) sounds a bit dull when firing a shot. Maybe it's just me? Remastered Warthog horn on MP (custom game) sounds too quiet.
I noticed on Delta Halo that it would lag significantly (I aint doing anything to cause it) on the Halo 2A graphics but had no issues with any other missions on remastered graphics which is odd, and FPS would range just above 60FPS on unlimited framerate and be fine at 120FPS on classic graphics(Which is expected on older graphics). I don't expect 120fps on remastered graphics but should be above 70 or 80FPS at least especially if you have settings on unlimited framerate. If it runs at 120FPS then great but constantly sitting at 60FPS or just above on unlimited framerate doesn't make sense to me especially if the blur studio cutscenes can run at 115-120FPS -_- say what?
My PC Specs should be good enough to run the gameplay without frames dropping/or gameplay lagging.
My PC Specs: Nvidia Geforce RTX2060 with Intel core 9th gen I5 processor 8GB Ram and 2TB HDD and 128SSD
So most likely just the flight itself perhaps? lets hope that it is.
My overall thoughts of the flight besides those small issues/bugs. It's nearly perfect! (Haven't tried MP yet) No issues with weapon/vehicle sounds old and new, that I could tell just from what I have listed above. All cutscenes seem to work fine classic and new. No big or random glitches, well not that I've seen/experienced since playing anyways otherwise I would have listed them above. It's nearly a polished port to PC which is great to know! Keep up the great work and will hopefully see Halo 2 on the final version of MCC soon. Peace.
Add on: Theater mode: I noticed that it only lets you play back Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer maps/or games only. So i couldn't playback a campaign mission or classic multiplayer match then go into theater and check those clips out as they don't show up :/ Hope this is fixed in the final version of Halo 2 on PC.
Multiplayer feedback: Didn't notice anything significant played well. Just the waiting time to find a game is a bit ridiculous. Once I find a game I can then find a game straight away after said match, it's just the initial waiting time.
1-1.5 minutes waiting time to load into campaign missions? That is just a bit long of a wait, considering it loads all the way to the end in like 20 seconds give or take. Then you are stuck waiting another full minute. Hope this is fixed in the final version.
Came to my attention that there is a sound issue in Halo 2 Anniversary where you dual weld and one weapons is quieter than the other as if it is underwater.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgpdgUglLG8&t=0m45s

Been good and enjoyable playing the Halo 2 flight and can't wait for the final version to finally come to PC.
parra1998 wrote:
Colman1014 wrote:
um, why i can't find any multiplayer match in MCC insider halo 2, it is just no one is playing that is near me?
I have the same problen in the Steam MCC and in the MCC Insider in microsoft store
i think they are taking down the servers at 10 am pst
maybe youve already hit it as far as i know
it has been going on for many days, both in the normal version and in the insider,
no matter what time I try :(
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.ya hay lanzamientó ?oficial todo el mundo habla y habla y a mi no me aparece nada para descargar en Xbox beta.. ni microsof store De halo 2 😔😔😔😓
Bro, I speak spanish too but here you need to write in English or they will report you. If you are part of the Insider program, you should have received an invitation to play, but I think not everyone qualified this time.
Halo2, on the map the Oracle, When you cut the cables for the station. The station is in freefall forever.
When you play the campaign the timing of the subtitles is off. The subtitles run into another character's lines and what you see is different than what you hear.
Great start for the flight for Halo 2 and 2 Anniversary! No big issues I have encountered personally. Just minor ones like a few game crashes while playing Delta Halo and trying to play/load up Bloodline map in custom games but a simple restart of my PC would usually fix the problem. I noticed while dual welding that any weapon you have in your right hand would be deafened for some reason? As soon as you dropped the weapon in your left it would return to normal (only occurred in Halo 2 Anniversary maps) but should be fixed by time final version is released.
In the mission Cairo station I noticed that there is no real "gravity" it's just a higher jump for me anyways and I am not going as far as i would normally when I jump, like in the original.
The Scorpion on anniversary MP(Custom game) sounds a bit dull when firing a shot. Maybe it's just me? Remastered Warthog horn on MP (custom game) sounds too quiet.
I noticed on Delta Halo that it would lag significantly (I aint doing anything to cause it) on the Halo 2A graphics but had no issues with any other missions on remastered graphics which is odd, and FPS would range just above 60FPS on unlimited framerate and be fine at 120FPS on classic graphics(Which is expected on older graphics). I don't expect 120fps on remastered graphics but should be above 70 or 80FPS at least especially if you have settings on unlimited framerate. If it runs at 120FPS then great but constantly sitting at 60FPS or just above on unlimited framerate doesn't make sense to me especially if the blur studio cutscenes can run at 115-120FPS -_- say what?
My PC Specs should be good enough to run the gameplay without frames dropping/or gameplay lagging.
My PC Specs: Nvidia Geforce RTX2060 with Intel core 9th gen I5 processor 8GB Ram and 2TB HDD and 128SSD
So most likely just the flight itself perhaps? lets hope that it is.
With me I had some huge drops in the H2 anniversary remastered, I found was the cause of this was two things:

1) Hard double-buffered vsync, even in borderless windowed mode. So anything less than 60, and you drop to 30 immediately. I don't think this was the case in Reach or Halo, but could have just been they were so easy on my GPU (1660 oclocked, playing at 4k) that it never got under 60.

2) Smoke. This was most evident in the start of Metropolis level with the Scorpion tank, I would drop to 30 constantly where large sections of it were staying at 30, while I was pretty much a locked 60 at 4K up until that point. Other times I replayed the level though, the performance stayed at 60.

I enabled Fast Sync through the Nvidia CP to get rid of the double buffering, and discovered the culprit and why I was getting different performance on different playthroughs - tank damage. When there was smoke/fire from my tank on the screen, depending on how much of it my GPU usage was soaring 50%+. With no damage I could maintain 60fps easily. So something is up with how the game is doing certain alpha transparencies, they can always be resource hungry but shouldn't tank (cough) your performance this much for such a simple effect.
Wasn't able to play multiplayer for some reason (kept on having "please wait, connection issue" or something like that popping up, though my network was good and normal MCC was working just fine.) but I did play up to Delta Halo on the campaign. So, here's a couple thoughts:
  • Halo 2 Classic is very smooth. Graphics are super clean, almost shockingly so with the jump to 60 fps/hi res, never had any frame rate drops either which was nice.
  • One issue I found specifically on the Arbiter mission where you are on the heretic base is that it's super hard to hear your allies when they are speaking. Wasn't really paying attention on the other missions so I can't remember if it was like that on missions like Metropolis.
  • Halo 2 Anniversary wasn't as smooth, I was getting 20-30 FPS, but that's probably because I was playing on my laptop. If it helps though, here's a screenshot of my specs: http://prntscr.com/s6xii9
  • Load times in between missions were super long, like 5-6 minutes for me. Wasn't nearly as long on Halo Reach/CE, and I don't think it was that long on MCC Xbox either. The load bar would go along pretty quickly, but then it would just stop right near the end for a few minutes. Also made it a little annoying when I was wanting to do something else, because you would automatically be put into the next mission's load screen instead of being able to quit.
That's basically it. Felt like Halo 2, played like Halo 2. Lotta fun.
Is the beta done? Am I just not finding matches?

Thanks!
Swiffer wrote:
Is the beta done? Am I just not finding matches?

Thanks!
It's over now, yes
Did the flight end, I can't seem to get into the game?
Jumper3917 wrote:
Did the flight end, I can't seem to get into the game?
Seems like the flight has indeed ended.
The flight has ended now. Let's try and keep this thread on topic please
Better servers to connect EU to US players. So far, playing out of EU, I have been put into games running from West coast servers and central US servers suffering with 150+ ping. It's 2020, why aren't there servers capable of putting EU players with EU servers, or if the EU servers are dead, why not putting us into a server with the lowest ping. MCC has become unplayable for EU players suffering with 150+m/s every. single. game..
I am heart broken, I was moving houses and finally got internet and all settled in. Today i downloaded the MCC flight and it didn't start anything lol :'( I guess I missed this one guys. Is there anyway for halowaypoint to forward messages to my email inbox?
Looks like they closed bug reporting when the flight ended, so I'll post what I noticed here:

Framerate stuttering in the sniping section of Metropolis. (anniversary graphics)
Camouflaged elites were rendering as uncamouflaged before rendering properly on Gravemind. (anniversary graphics)
Graphical errors switching between anniversary and old cutscenes
Anniversary cutscenes and old cutscenes are out of sync. Old cutscenes are a couple of seconds behind when switching between the two.
Missing Reach style recon button layout for Halo 2
When using Universal Default (Recon) layout in anniversary multiplayer. LB doesn't switch grenades like it does in classic multiplayer and single player.

Played with universal default (recon) layout @1920x1080 60fps framelocked on a 2019 PC build.
I just want to let it be known that I attempted to play, but campaign missions would never load. I know this is a known issue, but I was unable to play.
Thanks for the time.
I was unfortunately not able to play much during this flight; however, I was able to play through all of the campaign missions available. On first impression, everything appears to be in order except audio. During sequences/segments between action the ambient music is completely missing. This is quite jarring after an action sequence to have the action music drop off without ambience to take its place.
I played the entirety of the beta and i did not get an insider nameplate unlock, why?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 37
  4. 38
  5. 39
  6. 40
  7. ...
  8. 41