So far, I am LOVING the amount of new armor we're seeing. Especially the Fireteam Raven armors, they go really nicely with Halo 3's pre-existing armor sets. Halo Online's armors are a bit of a mixed bag to me though. Some fit in nicely while others don't. I feel that while some players could simply just turn them off if it bothers them that much, some level of care still needs to be taken when it comes to adding in new content, it still needs to bond well with the original aesthetic and isn't just new content for the sake of having it. Again, the toggle is there for purists and I appreciate that a lot, but then there are people like me that doesn't necessarily mind new content, as long as it blends in well with the stuff that's already there.
That said, now that I know completely changing armor from head to toe is now possible for Halo 3, I'd love to see other armor sets from the Halo universe brought in. A few ideas would be:
- Older suits of MJOLNIR armor, such as Mk.4 and Mk.5.
- Armor sets from Alpha-Nine (Halo 3 ODST's squad, honestly I'm actually surprised Fireteam Raven's armor came before these guys)
- Other suits of armor from Halo's expanded lore, such as the Spartan-III's armor from Ghosts of Onyx, SPI. If I remember correctly, SPI was actually planned to be an option in Halo 3 during the game's development, but sadly never made the final cut.
Finally, I think we really need to address the lack of content for the Elites. Once Season 6 and all of its juicy content launches, Spartans will be fully customizable from head to toe, while Elites will still be stuck with the same 5 options from legacy. It doesn't feel right that almost every update so far has almost benefitted Spartans exclusively, as there is a LOT of potential when it comes to customization options for the Sangheili. To name a few examples:
- Councillor, Honor Guard and Heretic armors from Halo 2.
- Combat harnesses from Halo Online.
- New Elite skin tones/faces to choose from, since they actually have some open-face helmets and this could be a good way to counteract the Spartan's new techsuits.
Furthermore, I also believe that in one of the previous MCC blog posts the possibility of adding the ability to mix and match armors for the Halo Reach Elites was discussed, would it be possible to receive an update regarding that at some point soon? Again, I just can't help but feel bad for Elite players at this point, it must be really disappointing for them to see all of these new customization options for Spartans and for them to not even get a spec of content, so I hope that changes soon.