A list of things I'd like to see get added to H3:
- The original Mark V armor from CE (preferably not the CEA version), though probably with a facelift to match the same visual quality as the other armors in h3. I would not mind if it was just the armor being added, since the helmet already exists, but a full set with a new rendition of the helmet would be neat too.
- Mark V from Reach. Ideally, the base set + a few arm/leg variants to cover the wrist and utility attachments, like how we got the different ODST sets in the insider build. I would be fine with a few of the Reach helmets and chest armor variants also showing up in Halo 3. Like for example, a Mark VI helmet variant with the FC-I attachment
- Mark IV from Halo Wars
- SPI Armor. I feel like this one has been a long time coming for any halo game.
- Some new customization options for the Elites. My first pick would probably be a) the cut Halo Online armor for them, and my second would be adding some of the Reach armors to H3, though the elites use an entirely different model/anatomy between 3 and Reach, so I can see how that isn't feasible.
- Maybe a holographic flag back cosmetic? Like the ones the Brute Captains had in Halo 2. Or other holographic/hard-light back accessories; I feel like these would mitigate the issue of things clipping through eachother.
- The remainder of the Halo Online cut armor. Things like the Venator set, or like the cut GEN2 Rogue armor, with the Hard-Light parts on them. Despite how I've complained in the past that it clashes with Halo 3's aesthetic, there *is* a toggle for a purely classic experience, and there are still plenty of cool sets to add to Halo 3
A couple of things I'd like to see get tweaked with the existing customization options in the game + insider build:
- The Warrior helmet. I know it's from the Halo Online unreleased armors, but the helmet just looks unappealing compared to it's appearances in Halo 4 and 5. If there's any way it can be replaced with it's proper helmet from those games, that would be great.
- Warrior gauntlets. Maybe a minor nitpick, but the plating on the fingers seems sort of misaligned. It may just be an issue with the GEN1 Techsuit, though that's another thing entirely.
- Some of the new ODST legs seem a bit bulky. I can't tell if this was the intended effect, since the Demo legs seem to not be too large,and actually fit onto the techsuit instead of seeming like an extra set of pants worn ontop of the techsuit. Mind you, I still think the new ODST armors are cool, I just wonder why there's a difference between the demo variant and the others, to where I can actually see my techsuit in some places on the Demo set, but not on the others
- The GEN1 Techsuit hands. I am glad that the issue with the Mark VI legs got fixed, and I can appreciate that this is something new and will probably take a few iterations to get right, but the hands as they are right now seem off.
- Finally, more options for colour customization. I like that armor detail/tertiary colour has been repurposed to add more options for the newer armors in terms of patterns and colour mixing, but I'd like to see a) an option for customizing armor lights (especially since sets like Infiltrator and Rhine will have a ton of light strips running along them), and b) an rgb colour picker/wheel alongside the preset colours we already have
Besides all of this, I think the odst armors being added is definitely a good choice and despite how much back accessories might change things in halo 3, i think they're really cool and give us more options for making ourselves really look unique. I also really really like the animated visors, and would like to see more of those two tone/animated visor options in the future.