[Locked] Halo 3 Flight - Feedback Thread

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 34
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for the Halo 3 Flight on PC.

Please do NOT report issues or bugs in this thread. Issues should be reported at the Insider Halo Support Site. This thread is intended for the following feedback:
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Theater Feedback
  • Forge Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to Halo 3's Flight on PC. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • Area of Game: please specify which are of the game you're providing feedback for
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Insider Halo Support site and find out if it is a Known Issue. If not, please submit a ticket
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
Just got done playing the Halo 3 Flight Test for today. This might not classify as feedback, and is more of a suggestion. As a controller player, coming back to Halo after playing other games the button layout can get a little confusing. I was wondering if it would be a good idea, or possible to let controller users remap each individual button in the settings to find a more comfortable layout?

Other than that, I had a really good time playing, it was just like the Halo 3 I remember playing on the Xbox version of MCC and the original version of Halo 3 years ago on the 360.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
- Misc / Other feedback

I know this is a beta and things are not final, but for the full release I hope you give the option to disable the motion blur. Since Halo 3's motion blur is not as obnoxious as other games, I can learn to deal with it, but if I had the choice I would want it gone all together. Besides that tiny point, everything i've played through today has been great. Great work on this port 343, let's hope we can get another flight as polished as this for ODST.
Adding an options to completely rebind the buttons on the controller for each game on tops of presets would be nice and simple, many without elite controllers would love it for older or 3rd party gamepads.
Spoiler:
Show
Hey Postums/the rest of the devs - THANK YOU. Really appreciate you guys addressing some things(I guess this proves you're not out ta get me or the series it's management issues.)

*Misc/Other: Really great we can customize individual Elite armour pieces now(don't remember being able to back in the day?) but there's a bug that makes the pieces overlap with the default armour.

*Forge: Please add natural scenery objects. Trees and foliage, rocks, ice, pieces of terrain etc.

*Campaign: Please add more skulls.

*Misc/Other: More challenges would be nice and/or daily challenges too. Please make sure there's a challenges completed counter on your playercard/stats that is really integral.

*Theater: More editing and file options would be appreciated.
*Misc/Other: Some textures seem to be of lower quality. Noticed this holding the Bruteshot and looking at my armour from 1st person perspective, looking at it right now holding the Sniper Rifle, the screw on MC's wrist is completely blurred.

Does this count as a bug, should I submit a ticket?
*Misc/Other: We really need better graphics options. I'm playing in 1440p and the jagged edges are killing me.
*Misc/Other: Draw distance isn't good enough.
*Misc/Other: I actually like the motion blur but I'm having an ugly bar of warping along the bottom edge of my screen.
Please nerf aim assist on controller! We KB&M players understand that you want to make Halo cross-platform and that's all well and good, but the controller has a clear advantage at the moment. I'm not saying "Remove it", but nerf it so they're still able to stand their ground but not have an advantage over KB&M players. Try to balance it out as best as you can so both parties can enjoy the game. And I'm not saying there are bad controller players and all KB&M players are good, but for the majority of the people who played this game say what I'm basically saying right now. If you guys want to treat PC players as first class citizens like you said a year ago when the PC release was announced, then please don't cater to controller players. That's the very reason why the population for MCC on PC tanked within a month.
The Halo 3 flight looks really good! Customization has been improved, Forge is there, challenges are cool (and the HUB is clear, by the way). Not only that, FPS above 60 seem fluid and don't lead to unbearable stuttering. Very smoot as well, paired with the fact we can now look at our highest lifetime earned rank. Add Crossplay on top of that on launch and this will surely skyrocket!

However, there are a few things that need adjustments: guns are quite muffled and by default the Forge Editor mode keybind shows "?" and couldn't be changed (it finally worked, though). This is the case when using a mouse and a keyboard, haven't tried with the controller.
*In addition to the Forge objects I've already requested, Flood mass lumps, smoke effects, flood spore gassy air effects and spore sacks(the ones infection forms come out of when popped) would be great so we can make Flood maps.

*Ideally crossplay and input-based matchmaking will be there on launch but if that's not possible and these features won't be ready til later you REALLY need to make it clear to people they're on the way and at least include this info in the launch trailer very clearly.
*You should be able to click the page up/page down icons instead of having to use those keys when flicking through the lists of objects in Forge.

*Duplicate object tool would be great.

*ALL maps should have access to ALL objects.

*Phased physics isn't working(pretty sure this is on the known issues list) but just to be extra clear you need to be able to phase into the map not just other objects.
Heronimon - Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post.
stckrboy wrote:
Heronimon - Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post.
Gotcha.

What's the requirement to get the MCC insider nameplate?
  • Area of Game: Forge
As we can´t move while in the buy menu it would be more intuitive to control the menu using WASD, this would help to make all sub menu´s more confortable to use.
Changing Menu categories using pictureUP/pictureDOWN feels unintuitive, Q/E would be preferable.
Not being able to klick on the change menu button prompt feels bad.
Right mouse button could be used to open the "item Properties" Menu.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 34