2. ...
  3. 29
  4. 30
  5. 31
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. ...
  9. 34
Can't seem to equip any shoulder pieces in the Halo 3 insider. When I select the shoulder piece I want, say Recon I click it and then exit the menu. When I click back into the left/right shoulder customization again the piece is deselected and not even the default mjolnir is on by default. I've noticed a lot of other insiders who don't have shoulder pieces anymore but some still do? I think something bugged in the latest flighting update. Also the security chest piece seems to have been removed. There was a bug previously with that too in a similar vein to what I've just stated in which it does not equip, but now it's just no longer in the game. Additionally, you cannot preview the shoulder pieces anymore when highlighting them but for helmets and chest pieces the preview works just fine.
With the latest update, there was a problem with weapon crosshairs. The magnum for example is very low in the screen, as is the assault rifle (I have the fov set to 100).
No major bugs encountered. I love the forge updates. But sadly I will not continue playing MCC. I understand that hit registration is its own can of worms, but I keep getting put into matches in SEA. Halo simply isn't satisfying when shots just don't connect or an entire burst never happened as seen by the server. I'm in NZ, and Aus ping is 38ms and 48ms. SEA is 122ms. I don't care if I have to sit in a lobby for 10 minutes, just let me choose an option to never get games outside Aus. I'd love to see some analysis on region and ping metrics. And an justification as to why I have no say in the matter, at least there were preferences in Halo 3 original matchmaking.

Totally understand that there are probably like 5 people in NZ actively playing this game at this point. So our voice isn't worth listening to, but at least do it for the Australians.
I prefer the new weapon FOV. Lower in the screen means it takes up less space.
The way the weapon looks on screen is just a particular pet peeve of mine I guess. After update, I noticed immediately that it had been changed.
Regarding it taking up less of the screen on centered crosshair (especially noticeable with Reach for me) this makes sense, and is exactly why we really need a adjustment slider for weapon model. It's about finding that balance, and it will be different for each person.

I personally can't play on lowered crosshair because of how it makes me feel like my monitor is tilted back 45 degrees.
Without a X,Y weapon model adjustment option, one of us is guaranteed to be let down.

Here are more example screenshots of how all weapon models were changed with update 1.1658.0.0
https://imgur.com/gallery/3qYY9cS
https://imgur.com/gallery/yG6SK8E
I have a great internet connection (speed test results below) but every ranked game I'm in is incredibly laggy. To add insult to injury I've been kicked for cheating, presumably something to do with the connection. I also got a (minute long, so not that bad) ban for leaving a game where I was literally unable to kill enemy players. Is there a port I need to open or something similar? Or am I just incredibly unlucky and no one that is online is anywhere near me?

Mbps download
Mbps upload

My ping is usually around:
US West 4-7 ms
South Central US 35-40
Central 40-45
Multiplayer Feedback
- For competitive games. You should never be banned if you have a teammate that leaves and you get banned for leaving after they do.
Increasing the bullet speed will not affect the hit registration. I don't understand why this is being pushed as a kind of solution. Faster or slower projectiles does not matter I will see them hit and do no damage either way.

An option to make the challenge notification smaller or maybe remove it's background or adjust it's opacity would be nice too, it blocks too much of the screen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnZAWw-9KyE&t

This video shows otherwise.

343, please up bullet velocity (easy) or fix hit reg within the next few weeks before launch (not happening)
No it does not. They are not testing hit registration in that video, the shooter also misses every shot. The video is about the bullet magnetism in relation to latency. But we do not know the latency in that video. If a player's latency is too high they will need to lead shots more than normal, however this game's ping compensation seems to be quite high. But perhaps the game's net code has trouble syncing the data together correctly.

I have had sniper rounds fired on target go right through a guy doing no damage. I have also had melee strikes that do no damage and I have witnessed other players melee strikes do no damage to me. I hear that I have smacked someone or that I have been smacked but no damage is delivered.

We need a ping idicator. And the matchmaking system should stop putting us in laggy matches or be configurable like other games. Such that the player sets a maximum ping for matchmaking, like 90 ms. Personally I hate matchmaking, I want a match browser.
Nah, that's how it was in halo 3 xbox 360. Sorry you didn't get to play on the 360 :(
Played a bit of the H3 flight with M&K and noticed that a vertical look sensitivity isn't there for m&k. I noticed that the controller has it and if it could be added for m&k that would be awesome.
One suggestion I have would be to make sure there are no or minimal latency issues with Co-op play which halo 2 MMC PC had. So far it seems fine but this is the flight so I assume there will be changes.
Very good port, not many issues and nothing major. There was no intro cutscene for the first mission, is this expected behavior or should I file a bug report?
My mouse sensitivity seems slightly off since I am running on an uncapped framerate. I had to bump up my sensitivity in-game (all else equal) to closely match what I have in MCC. In MCC I run 60 FPS due to screen tearing issues so that's all I can think of why it would cause any issues. Need to try capping at 60 FPS and see if anything changes.

Multiplayer feedback: Nothing game breaking or an issue that i recall coming across. Really solid build. Hit registration seems be an issue, however at this point I'm hoping you're aware of it.

I have not used a controller to be able to comment on the aim assist debate, but I feel like i can actually survive longer and get 'some' more kills in H3 compared to other titles.
Area of game: Forge

It would be great if we could have some kind of large platform or floor to use in Sandbox for the "skybox" or third level of the map. Sometimes you want a really big area you can walk or drive on, and using the various assortments of walls, double walls, etc, even with the increased object limits (which, by the way, is FANTASTIC) just doesn't provide the kind of surface area Im looking for. Something like the "grid" in Reach forge would be really nice.

Additionally, although I do like the "orbiting" object manipulation controls and I appreciate how it can be useful, there are times when I feel like it gets in the way. (in the original halo 3 forge, when you manipulated an object, the player remained stationary while the object moved relative to the player. In Reach, an "orbiting" system was used, where the object being manipulated remained stationary, and the player moved relative to it. For most situations, this is fine, but occasionally being able to "push" an object where you want it to go can be useful. I would not want to change the control system altogether, but if it isn't terribly difficult, I wouldn't mind being able to toggle between the two.

Another thing I would like to see in Halo3 forge is the ability to change the default physics type of new objects that are created like you could in Reach. As of now, you must manually change the physics of each object you create. If you are building something with 50 or so pieces, and all of them must be fixed or phased, that means you must change the physics of 50+ items. It would be nice to have a setting which would set the default physics of any new objects (while leaving existing objects unaltered) to save time.

It would also be nice if we could increase the maximum number of machine gun turrets on Sandtrap to at least 8, possibly even 16. The elephant has untapped potential as an unstoppable battle-wagon with VIP game variants.

Another idea would be to add the ability to "parent" or "anchor" one forgeable object to another. I'm sure we all remember the "armored warthog" idea where you place barricades on a warthog and it becomes mostly bullet proof, but eventually they fall off. By setting an objects physics to "fixed" and "anchoring" it to another object, you could have the second object remain stationary relative to the first. This also has applications with the elephant as well. Additionally, it could make forging a lot easier in some cases by allowing players to make large "assemblies" of multiple objects which can be moved as one later on.

Overall I LOVE what has been done with halo 3 so far!
Area of Game: Multiplayer
Feedback: I just want to say that I think Halo 3 plays extremely well on PC. The mouse feel is, in my opinion, the best yet of all the MCC games on PC. The game also plays very well, and has less screen tearing for me (Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB) than CE and 2C with V-sync off, which is a nice surprise. I also really like the updated in-game Challenge toasts, which are smaller and less obtrusive during gameplay - they look good now. There are still a couple of small bugs that I intend to report on the Insider Support site, but they're not significant and honestly aren't that big of a deal.

Overall, the multiplayer in this game plays very well and feels very polished - excellent work to 343 and their partner studios! And now, back to my weekend-long Halo 3 BTB session! :)
My feedback,

If H3 was written in javascript:
function CalculateHit(bullet, player) {
try {
if (bullet === player.head)
throw 'unable to calculate hit';
else
throw 'unable to compute';
}
catch {
bloodshot();
}
}

please, fix the hit detection..
The hud in 4k is now very low resolution. What's with that?
VonsNyan wrote:
The hud in 4k is now very low resolution. What's with that?
I think there is a issue with HUD elements including weapon models not rendering correctly at the moment (build 1.1658.0.0)
Hopefully there working on it, also really hope a weapon model X,Y adjustment option can added.

Here are example screenshots I took for comparison.
adam336 wrote:
I prefer the new weapon FOV. Lower in the screen means it takes up less space.
The way the weapon looks on screen is just a particular pet peeve of mine I guess. After update, I noticed immediately that it had been changed.
Regarding it taking up less of the screen on centered crosshair (especially noticeable with Reach for me) this makes sense, and is exactly why we really need a adjustment slider for weapon model. It's about finding that balance, and it will be different for each person.

I personally can't play on lowered crosshair because of how it makes me feel like my monitor is tilted back 45 degrees.
Without a X,Y weapon model adjustment option, one of us is guaranteed to be let down.

Here are more example screenshots of how all weapon models were changed with update 1.1658.0.0
For me, the models before the update were perfect, now I feel like I barely can see the AR or magnum because of how low they are. A slider would be the best addition for me and for everyone because we all have different tastes in that regard
Forge needs to allow a much higher object limit as well as a much higher budget limit. We are no longer in the year 2007 and we no longer are playing on Xbox 360. Most machines can handle a lot more. We need more freedom in forge, it's what give halo life. It empowers the community to build, create and play with each other using your game. Forge needs an overhaul.

I was building a map on sandbox and I hit the object limit and I still had $3000 budget left.

Forge needs an option to duplicate an object as well as spawn/duplicate objects that are automatically phased or fixed without having to select that option every. single. time.

It would be great to have more objects added quarterly, but i'm sure thats unrealistic.
Can we please increase the idle timer with the full release when waiting for matches me and my team keeps getting booted back to the matchmaking menu, yeah I understand boosting was thing but come on a little more latency would be appreciated.
Multiplayer
Yesterday multiplayer was very laggy on EU server during BTB 8v8, on the following days after the patch I noticed that the hit registration was way better, not perfect but a nice improvement and the game playable during 4v4 and FFA, yesterday was very messy, probably due to the lag, noticed that when you are lagging the following bug occurs:
  • double grenades throw at a time, consuming both and only one exploding
  • missing reload, sometimes you have to reload two time in a row
  • br volleys often didn't occour with three bullets, sometimes you heard the audio for 3 bullets but only one is shoot, sometimes the opposite, and happens that you end the magazine with 2 or 1 bullet left? very strange
I do not think those are bug that should be reported via ticket because of the laggy states of the server but i'm writing anyway to reference some other players that yesterday night experienced a lot of lag.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 29
  4. 30
  5. 31
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. ...
  9. 34