[Locked] Halo 3: ODST Flight - Feedback Thread

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for the Halo 3: ODST Flight on PC and Xbox One.

Please do NOT report issues or bugs in this thread. Issues should be reported at the Insider Halo Support Site. This thread is intended for the following feedback:
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Theater Feedback
  • Firefight Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to Halo 3: ODST Flight on PC and Xbox One. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • Area of Game: please specify which are of the game you're providing feedback for
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Insider Halo Support site and find out if it is a Known Issue. If not, please submit a ticket
This will remain locked until the beginning of the flight.
Postums wrote:
This will remain locked until the beginning of the flight.
how long is this flight session? i cant find anything about it
Hi, I've been looking for a game for an hour and still no one ... someone finding game ?
how long is this flight session? i cant find anything about it
Everything related to flighting, including schedules, is listed on the Insider Support site
SoMuchSky wrote:
Hi, I've been looking for a game for an hour and still no one ... someone finding game ?
People are likely still coming online or downloading the build, might need to give it a few hours. Also please keep this thread for feedback, thanks :)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Overall, this build has been running incredibly smoothly. The campaign is running without a hitch and all the season 3 stuff is looking great. I do have some small criticisms, but nothing too major.

I'll begin with the imported weapons from ODST into Halo 3's multiplayer:

Starting with cosmetics, the view models look a little bit too large. This is obviously due to the Spartans being much larger than the ODSTs, so the view models shift accordingly, but the current result has left both guns looking a bit off in a way that is hard to put into words. They might be worth adjusting, if only to make them a little less jarring, but this is possibly just a me-thing.

What is much easier to put into words are the issues with the imported automag.

In ODST, it lives up to its name as a semi-automatic; the gun fires as fast as you can pull the trigger. Making the jump to Halo 3 proper, however, it's basically turned into a reskinned magnum with a scope. I've only tried it out in Forge Mode, so maybe this is different in other modes, but the fire rate has become painfully slow compared to its ODST counterpart. This might have been an intentional choice for balancing or whatnot, but it would be nice to have this new weapon brought over wholesale rather than being a glorified skin for a similar gun. I understand if it's not possible to change it and keep the game balanced, but I thought it was worth mentioning, as having a semi-automatic pistol in competitive multiplayer could be a really interesting addition to the sandbox mechanically.

The only other thing I wanted to mention was a suggestion for improving the UI in the store menu. Having to purchase each new cosmetic item individually was a bit of painful experience, especially for an entire season's worth of content in the case of this flight. In this regard, a "purchase all" button would really be appreciated. It wouldn't need to be literal, but just allowing me to spend all my points at once rather having to buy them all individually would save a lot of time if I wasn't feeling too picky.

Other than these niggles, the game is playing fantastically so far. I even really dig the new background for the menu; much more appropriate and eye-pleasing than the previous bullet background that seemed more appropriate as the menu for a reboot of the Xbox game "Black". I'm really curious to see what all the future seasons are going to have in store, as it's really clear you guys are going above and beyond to create new content for these decades-old games. One suggestion from me would be to allow Spartans to use DARE's helmet (basically just a skin for the Recon helmet), as I imagine that'd be an easy, yet really cool thing to implement. I won't go as far to suggest ODST competitive multiplayer in the far future, but ya know, it's a thought. ;)

Anyway, thanks for the flight invite. I'll continue dropping feedback as it comes, but this build has been rock solid on my end.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not change or edit a post once it has been moderated.
Spoiler:
Show
I would first like to say thanks for the invite, this is my first flight and it is going smooth.
ODST firefight is fun. I hadn't really gotten into but the custom options are smooth and the gameplay is responsive. The imported BR fits right in and makes a great addition to it's sandbox.
The Halo 3 skins are great, the new visors fit far better here than in CE and all are unique. The skins themselves are also great, although the AR forest camo is a bit dark ingame. Its very hard to see, althojgh I'm not sure if its intentional or not.
As for the imported weapons, I like how the brute plasma rifle is different to the base one instead of the reskin it was in ODST. The silenced SMG also fits into the sandbox, its a bit dissapointing that it can't be duel weilded but I can see why. The AUTOMAG however looks odd, igs view model is far too low when compared to other weapons. It looks fine in ODST since the other weapons are lower but it doesn't quite work in 3. The same for the Silenced SMG but to a far lesser extent, since its a larger model.
I shall continue to test this build and submit a ticket for any bugs I find.
Firefight on PC runs incredibly smoothly, 200-400 FPS, both visuals and audio are on point, no real quibbles from me so far just good fun experience
Matchmaking has improved as more people are getting on line
ODST character select tab looks a bit cluttered. I think it would be better if the characters each had a sub-menu for their skins. Basically like when selecting armor pieces in Halo 3 and Reach.
It's great so far, the hit detection feels significantly improved. The imported weapons feel great. Firefight is smooth as hell. And campaign is just as timeless. I've had a few lighting issues, but nothing worth noting. Well done all around!
When disabling the new Halo 3 skins in the settings, the new visor colors are disabled too. For both Halo 3 and CE, it would be nice to be able to disable just the weapon (and vehicle) skins while keeping the new visor colors. Maybe in the same style as the grenade option for custom games: None, Visors, Weapons, Both.
Game runs smoothly from what I’ve played so far. Not really come across many major issues.

Did notice an issue with the Sergeant Johnson character in Firefight. With his character model equipped the hands of my model in first person view didn’t match up to Johnson’s skin shade.
His dialogue and what not was still fine just that one visual error.
Might also hold true for other character models but I’m yet to test that.

This is all on Xbox One X
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Realmente me gustaría intentarlo, porque he jugado todos los juegos de Halo excepto Odst, mis expectativas son bastante altas.
ODST Firefight suggestions
  • Have a waypoint indicating weapon drops
  • Have a waypoint indicating the last 5 and final enemies
  • Have an option to turn off set skulls
  • Have BR and Assualt rifle ammo/weapon caches on every map
Halo 3
  • No suggestions at this time
Customisation Suggestions
  • More weapon skins for Halo 3 and for more weapons eg Shotgun, Sniper, Needler etc.
  • Weapon skins for ODST that can be used in Firefight
  • Armour abilities like grunt birthday party etc for both H3 and ODST
UI Suggestions
  • Have maps listed in alphabetical order
  • An explanation on how to unlock customisation options such as the 'Bug splattered buck helmet on' skin
  • A 'clear all' option that clears the exclamation mark from the customisation menu once the player has unlocked something. This would save time having to navigate the menu just to remove the exclamation mark.
  • Halo 3: ODST maps should have a small description as to whether or not player vehicles are able to spawn on the map.
All these bugs were on the Xbox One platform

ODST Firefight bugs
  • On the map Lost Platoon if the player has selected the AA Wraith it spawns upside down
  • Indestructable vehicles are inconsistent with some enemy vehicles no being destroyed (the driver can be killed however)
  • When the catch skull is on enemies tend to unintentionally stick each other when throwing grenades
  • On Last Exit enemies don't always seek out the player and just sit near where they spawned
Halo 3 bugs
  • The 'Automag' pistol is to close to the player compared to the magnum
  • When looking at a weapon that has a custom skin as the monitor it appears in its default skin when playin forge
UI bugs
  • When you've purchased a new cosmetic the exclamation mark notifying the player that it's been unlocked doesn't disappear even when the cosmetic has been selected
Overall very good. Customizing ODST firefight is awesome. Some thoughts on the new content...

ODST
Halo 3 weapon skins should transfer over to ODST firefight since they are the same models

Halo 3
The new weapons should be duel weldable. Currently you can only hold one.
- Silenced SMG
- ODST pistol (forget what its called)
- Brute plasma rifle
All these bugs were on the Xbox One platform
Please make sure and file (separate) bug reports for each of these issues, if you haven't already :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17