2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 17
The easiest way to put this is Recon Slayer is nothing but Halo 5 Classic with Halo 3 Maps. Nothing but the Magnum Gameplay Experience which is why I stopped playing Halo 5 Arena because it just became stale and boring with the same weapons being used all the time. I don’t play Halo to play Human Warfare I have Call of Duty and Battlefield for that.
Other Notes
  • Brute Plasma Rifles suck whenever you use them to the point, they overheat right before you get the kill.
  • Silence SMG is good for damage but has horrible recoil. Like it is weird the Recoil is only bad when you are aiming at someone. Then for some strange reason you can’t Dual Wield the Silence SMG at all. Like in the Halo 2 ANV you can but in Halo 3 you can’t mm ok.
  • Dual Wielding is funky in Halo 3. In H2C it was awesome but in H3 its funky only because for some stupid reason one weapon is more powerful than 2 which makes no sense at all. 😒 When you Dual Wield the Brute Plasma Rifle it is more of light show and both weapons overheat way to fast to be useful.
  • As for the maps something needs to be done with them only because there are way too many times where I would respawn in some random spot. Most of the time it would be in someone sight lines which = instant death.
  • Now I don’t know if this was put in there to test out but the two purple gravity lefts on Construct don’t always make the noise when someone comes up. It does it for the player coming up but not for those around it.
  • The Covenant Weapons need buff in damage so the feeling of ODST comes out of the game.
Thanks for inviting me to this flight. Despite all the negative feedback I really enjoyed it. I just wish the game felt better in that sci-fi aspect of the game.
The silenced pistol is not the Halo 5 pistol it is the Halo 1 pistol, so if it is similar to any game it would be Halo 1. I personally love having a Halo 1 Pistol in Halo 3, but I'm glad it's only in a special mode, it'd throw balancing out the window if it was in standard modes.
Missing textures in ODST campaign
The Halo 3: ODST current build for the flight seems to be flawless for the most part. Firefight offers a different experience from that of Reach's which is undoubtedly both, very enjoyable and challenging, but could be improved in certain areas; first of all, there should be weapon indicators to see their position in the map easily. Secondly, The BR is a cool weapon to have in ODST, but it's not balanced accordingly as it was never meant to be there. Either make fire rate slower or decrease the damage output per bullet. Apart from that, and this also affects campaign, detached turrets gameplay doesn't make sense as they should make the carrier slower when being an ODST instead of a Spartan, not faster. If balance is a concern, just increase the rate of fire and damage of the turret. Power, speed and huge amounts of ammunition shouldn't be mixed in an even environment.

As for Halo 3, the skins are a great addition to gameplay without being too intrusive, given that they're limited to certain weapons this time, excluding vehicles entirely. However, the BR could use a golden appearance as well, just like the Assault Rifle and the Magnum. In addition, taking into account ODST weapons (Silenced SMG, Brute Plasma Rifle and Auto Magnum) are now starting guns in the new modes, there should be a small selection of skins for them. Talking about ODST weapons, the Auto Magnum, while having its recoild adjusted for a Spartan, it isn't preserving the fast fire rate. If the BR went untouchable to ODST in the porting process, why can't the Magnum aside from the mentioned logical recoil adjustment? Additionaly, all of the ported ODST weapons should be dual-wieldable. Aside from that, as a way of criticism, in my opinion the Assault Rifle skin "Super Squirt" (and the same goes for its Halo CE equivalents) does not fit into the Halo or general combat theme at all, so should be left for custom games or machinimas instead of Matchmaking. Moreover, skins should be an option for the Halo 3 campaign. On the other hand, the variety of visor colors is quite appealing and it's a welcome inclusion to the Halo 3 Spartan gameplay, but they should affect HUD colour on demand for better immersion. That said, there must be some kind of additions to Elite's assets, whether they're visor colors for certain helmets or completely new armour pieces (a plasma blade similar to the Spartan Katana, or even full armour sets from campaign characters such as Arbiter, Rtas...), as they're an integral part of this multiplayer.

In terms of hit detection, the adjustments of the projectile speed at the first tick in order to simulate the 30hz travelling at 60hz was clearly what was needed to get MCC H3 in parity with the original Xbox 360 version. Nonetheless, that change has caused an old issue where players are able to deal damage by aiming at the side of an enemy who's moving, and there should be improvements on the registering nature itself, as many times the bullets will collide with the target (giving feedback of being hit with blood or shield sparks) but won't cause damage at all. This could be a result of huge latency on foreign servers for the client, which leads to considering a Matchmaking region selector at launch as a solution.
  • Area of Game: Halo 3 ODST
  • Feedback: The FOV is too low on the viewmodels on the PC and Xbox flight, and the FOV is forced too low on Xbox to around 78. The FOV for Halo 3 ODST should be around 90, as it is on the original 360 game and the current build on MCC Xbox, and not the 78 the flight uses.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
    Here's PC @ 90 FOV with the messed up viewmodels: https://i.imgur.com/bAl0M13.jpg
    Here's the current Xbox MCC build: https://i.imgur.com/yy71cB8.jpg
    Excuse the brightness differences, I was messing with the HDR video settings on the Xbox while I was taking these (finally settled on 3.5 contrast and 2 paper white)
I've had one slight issue with my controller while playing. I know it is most likely 100% the controller but when I'm running forward, it I slightly tilt the left stick to the right, ever so slightly, I'll sometimes end up running at around a 45 degree angle forward and to the left. I'm using a slightly lower quality third party controller, which is why I'm blaming it on that.
I've had one slight issue with my controller while playing. I know it is most likely 100% the controller but when I'm running forward, it I slightly tilt the left stick to the right, ever so slightly, I'll sometimes end up running at around a 45 degree angle forward and to the left. I'm using a slightly lower quality third party controller, which is why I'm blaming it on that.
Yeah, pretty sure that's a controller issue.
MrESWhite wrote:
Yeah, pretty sure that's a controller issue.
More than likely knowing my luck.
Unlike the master chief, I am not particularly lucky 😂
I'd love the automag in normal h3 modes as another option for the BR, but i have a love for handguns and especially longslide silenced pistols so i'm biased here
Gordo1701e wrote:
Hi,
For some reason all I have access to on the Steam preview is the playlists and they're stuck at Legendary difficulty. I'm good, but not THAT good! lol... I can't play any of the missions at all nor can I change difficulty levels on the playlists. Should I file a ticket on this?
Thanks,
Gordo1701e
i have the same issue. i just submitted a ticket for it. really tired of having to replay the same area over and over because of getting 2 shotted by almost any weapon that isnt a plasma pistol. its so frustrating i just decided to stop trying after 30 mins. no balance at all.
Reeeaaallly not a fan of the super squirt ar skin
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
You didn't get into the flight.
Firefight Heroic will need to be tuned.
Its entirely too unforgiving at the moment.
Black eye is incredibly annoying because the screen will end up being red for like 2/3 of the game
Weapons feel like pellet guns when used against the brute chieftains (level 99 bullet sponge)

Still having ton of fun, it just seems the difficulty/damage gap between normal and heroic firefight is gigantic .
Some hit detection still left to fix:

https://youtu.be/F2eSWi5YFlE
I was finally able to play multiplayer with the registration update tonight. The BR feels very nice and is a huge improvement in my opinion. I agree with another poster that it would be nice to have a "Buy All" option when unlocking items in the tiers. Going through and unlocking each one feels tedious. ODST itself feels great on PC and I haven't really noticed any bugs. I've mostly been playing Firefight as I've never played the campaign and don't want to spoil anything until the full campaign is released ;). As far as Recon Slayer goes for H3, I really wish the silenced magnum would be on par with its ODST counterpart as far as rate of fire goes. It's a little jarring using it in ODST and then hoping over for some H3 matches to have it so dramatically reduced. Overall I think it's a very solid build and can't wait for the full release!
When you pick up the enemy flag in CTF, it shows a double kill badge. Small bug. Just wanted to report it.
About Halo 3 odst Firefight I can only say that I like it as it is right now, I can't wait to play it with friends
Finally found a Firefight match today.
Halo 3 ODST Firefight is good, but I met a bug.
I hijacked Ghost, and I became Ghost...?
video: https://twitter.com/ShihJingJhang/status/1298144745382789121
Finally found a Firefight match today.
Halo 3 ODST Firefight is good, but I met a bug.
I hijacked Ghost, and I became Ghost...?
video: https://twitter.com/ShihJingJhang/status/1298144745382789121
Please make sure and report bugs on the Insider Support site, thanks :)
https://aka.ms/HaloSupportInsider
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 17