3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 17
As the flight has extended now, still would like to thank for the invite

I just only have one doubt, the campaign is lagging heavily when I first started it, have to restart it to fix it but it still lags at some parts

i have installed it on F drive, could that be the issue?
Just signed into the ODST flight. The game runs great on my Xbox One X and overall is very smooth from UI to gameplay. Some notes I took while playing where I think things could be improved:
- option to completely disable aim acceleration
- clarify difference between "classic" and "modern" aim mode
- unlock multiple season items at once. Even on the normal MCC I like to rack up my season points and spend them all at once, but the "unlocking" UI is cumbersome when trying to unlock many in a short period. I think this could be resolved by allowing you to "select" multiple or all of the items, then using a button to unlock selected items.
Can I just mention how dramatically the Automag has changed my opinion of Halo 3?

For me Halo 3 was always the least enjoyable to play because the Battle Rifle felt so different compared to the H2 version as well as the Magnum in CE/Reach

Now with the Automag it finally feels like I'm in a sandbox where it feels consistent over all the other games and I LOVE IT, seriously I haven't been able to put down Recon Slayer since I got into the flight it's so much fun

I'm begging for Recon Slayer to keep as a regular playlist when ODST comes out and for the damage the Automag does currently to stay as is, it feels phenomenal to use!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
so im halfway through the campaign and the only bug i saw was with ai pathfinding. sometimes, when pursuing the player, a brute or something would get stuck on a wall, just walking into it. the only way to "fix" this is by killing the enemy via assassination. i only experienced this bug on close-quarter missions, like mombasa streets or tayari plaza. no opinion on multiplayer, but from what i read, there have been rampant disconnects from matches beore they load.
so im halfway through the campaign and the only bug i saw was with ai pathfinding. sometimes, when pursuing the player, a brute or something would get stuck on a wall, just walking into it. the only way to "fix" this is by killing the enemy via assassination. i only experienced this bug on close-quarter missions, like mombasa streets or tayari plaza. no opinion on multiplayer, but from what i read, there have been rampant disconnects from matches beore they load.
Please make sure to report bugs here:https://aka.ms/HaloSupportInsider
I can't actually submit tickets specifically for ODST (and here's proof), so for now I'll be filing them under Halo 3.

Actual feedback:

The Automag in Halo 3 multiplayer feels amazing and consistent. If you're going to nerf or otherwise change it, PLEASE keep the zero spread, if nothing else. You can't trust almost any weapons to count hits, but the Automag seems to always have your back and it'd be a shame to get rid of that quality. I am among those that really wants Recon Slayer to remain a thing at launch and beyond; it's a really nice version of the Halo 3 weapon sandbox.

The Battle Rifle in Halo 3 multiplayer still feels kind of awful, but now much less so than before.

I know this is a legacy thing, but ODSTs being able to punch Wraiths to death like they're Spartans is still very weird.
update: i finished the missions and have encountered a new bug. this bug causes brutes that i kill to vanish, leaving nothing, not even a weapon. this only happened on the nmpd hq mission, during the pelican holdout scene. speaking of nmpd hq, the ai pathfinding bug struck again, this time with a brute getting stuck on a floor tile.
Blue Dingo wrote:
Can I just mention how dramatically the Automag has changed my opinion of Halo 3?

For me Halo 3 was always the least enjoyable to play because the Battle Rifle felt so different compared to the H2 version as well as the Magnum in CE/Reach

Now with the Automag it finally feels like I'm in a sandbox where it feels consistent over all the other games and I LOVE IT, seriously I haven't been able to put down Recon Slayer since I got into the flight it's so much fun

I'm begging for Recon Slayer to keep as a regular playlist when ODST comes out and for the damage the Automag does currently to stay as is, it feels phenomenal to use!
I'd love automag in normal game modes as well, i'd love to have a second option to the BR for more variety precision weapon options. I love my BR for life but variety is the spice of life and the carbine never filled that role for me. plus it's just such a cool looking handgun
I'm loving the flight test everything is working well! my only questions is are there more weapon skins and possibly some vehicle skins that will be included with this update or possible future updates? I love the cosmetics but i feel like more was offered in season 2 for Halo CE, I would LOVE to roll around in a gold warthog. But other than that I think the flight test is perfect so far!
I for sure think the checkpoint in Coastal Highway near the end of the mission while defending against the waves of covenant is a little harsh. You have to restart all over fighting each wave. Maybe I didn't trigger a checkpoint but I thought that was a little harsh. Other than that I'm really enjoying how everything feels. The atmosphere feels just like it did years ago and i love how it feels to play again

Also edit: Why is dare so small compared to the other odsts? I know female models in reach were generally smaller but this seems too small

Spoiler:
Show
Having difficulty finding odst firefight games.
Any chance of being thrown into a game solo?
I've been sitting here for half an hour.
Gordo1701e wrote:
Gordo1701e wrote:
Thel Vadam wrote:
Gordo1701e wrote:
Hi,
For some reason all I have access to on the Steam preview is the playlists and they're stuck at Legendary difficulty. I'm good, but not THAT good! lol... I can't play any of the missions at all nor can I change difficulty levels on the playlists. Should I file a ticket on this?
Thanks,
Gordo1701e
Have you tried restarting your client? You should submit the ticket If that doesn't fix it.
Yeah I tried twice to restart Steam and the MCC but no luck. I put a ticket in so we'll see. Thanks for the suggestion though! :)
Well sadly I'm apparently not going to be able to check out the campaign missions. Playing the playlists really aren't an option as they're just an exercise in frustration being stuck at legendary difficulty. I have filed a ticket but have not as of yet received any response nor has the issue been resolved. From what I saw of the only playlist mission I tried, I was impressed, very disappointed that I won't get to try the rest of it out :(
Because of the difficulty? Best advice for you is plasma pistols, plasma rifles, snipers, auto mag, burst fire on the tac smg and lots of Grenades, you can do it!

::edit::
Oh and rocket launchers
If possible waypoints for weapon drops and ammunition points for BR's and AR's would be nice, starting with them is kinda useless without them as the ammo runs dry immediately. I know ODST gameplay is skewed towards using enemy kit most of the time but it would be nice to be able to make use of more UNSC weapons aside from starter kit and power weapons.

Also what about adding additional weapons to firefight? The BR is a great addition but getting the H3 Magnum and the standard SMG would also be cool, maybe the sentinel beam and energy sword for the fiestafight?

Edit* a player count tracker would also be nice, that way I can know beforehand if im wasting my time sitting in matchmaking.
Just gonna say that I am finally in the Beta and the game is running very smooth on my laptop, at least for campaign
Hope that AOE learn of this lol
But could be great to have a time counter for matchmaking.
i run the game in xbox one flat... it simply chashes as soon as i click the menu button
I have downloaded the “halo insider” application on my Xbox but when I try to access the app it won’t allow me to run it because it needs an update ? I have looked in my “manage games and apps” still can’t find the update what should I do ?
L30N 1337 wrote:
i run the game in xbox one flat... it simply chashes as soon as i click the menu button
I have downloaded the “halo insider” application on my Xbox but when I try to access the app it won’t allow me to run it because it needs an update ? I have looked in my “manage games and apps” still can’t find the update what should I do ?
Please start a new topic for your issues, I can try and help out. This thread is for feedback, not support
ODST Campaign Missions - Normal
I just finished running through the campaign missions available for the ODST flight, and first thing I have to say is that I enjoyed every minute of it.
In terms of performance, it felt very smooth on my MSi GV62-8RD laptop. I changed the graphics to enhanced and the whole time it felt very smooth and I did not notice any fps lag or tearing of any kind. For gameplay, like some others, I would like the movement of the map to be a little smoother. It felt awkward at times and I chose not to use it much for that reason. Other than that, I felt like overall it was a good experience and I am ready to play some more multiplayer/firefight to test that out for myself. I don't believe I am the best at judging some issues but glad to be able to be a part of this to help out in any way I can. Thank you!
stckrboy wrote:
L30N 1337 wrote:
Please start a new topic for your issues, I can try and help out. This thread is for feedback, not support
If you both hold down your power button until your console turns off, and let it just power down before turning it back on, then try launching the app again.

I hope that helps.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 17