1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. ...
  8. 17
[After-post Edit: Is it already like this in the full, non-flight version if you pick Mombasa Streets from the mission list? I didn't think of that when I first posted. Very sorry, ignore this post.]

Original post:
Being able to completely skip the lengthy VISR training and the green-button-pushing "do you want to invert your look control?" section at the start of the ODST campaign would be a huge quality of life upgrade. I think it'd be nice to default skipping that on Heroic, or at least on Legendary. This would be akin to how it worked if you specifically picked the "Mombasa Streets" mission in 360 ODST rather than the cinematic start mission (Prepare to Drop?) when beginning a new run, if I recall correctly.
Hey im having a weird problem. Im playing as rookie but he has the fingers of Johnson and Dutch. Its not a big deal but its just like wut.
Hey im having a weird problem. Im playing as rookie but he has the fingers of Johnson and Dutch. Its not a big deal but its just like wut.
I meant Romeo not Dutch.
I really liked the idea of the playlist where you just explore New Mombasa. It's a ton of fun and really lets you explore as much as you want which is a really nice thing to have. A suggestion maybe add the ability to change the difficulty to what people want? I didn't have an issue on legendary at all and I think it makes the game better but I know a lot of players who would like to do that but also not have that challenge for them. I'm super excited for the full release!
Just noticed that I'm unable to crouch while moving with a controller although it does work with keyboard & mouse.

Wishlist: Transparency & size slider for HUD elements, especially for the crosshair.

Platform: Steam
Controller: Xbox One Controller (revision 2)
Still didn’t find a game in halo 3 multiplayer, any specific times I should search for games?
Game: Halo 3: ODST Installation

Feedback: Can we get the ability to separately uninstall and install the Firefight maps from Campaign in the install menu? They are both separate content in a way.
MrESWhite wrote:
  • Area of Game: Halo 3 ODST
  • Feedback: The FOV is too low on the viewmodels on the PC and Xbox flight, and the FOV is forced too low on Xbox to around 78. The FOV for Halo 3 ODST should be around 90, as it is on the original 360 game and the current build on MCC Xbox, and not the 78 the flight uses.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
    Here's PC @ 90 FOV with the messed up viewmodels: https://i.imgur.com/bAl0M13.jpg
    Here's the current Xbox MCC build: https://i.imgur.com/yy71cB8.jpg
    Excuse the brightness differences, I was messing with the HDR video settings on the Xbox while I was taking these (finally settled on 3.5 contrast and 2 paper white)
Expanding on this, according to the latest flight notes, they fixed the viewmodel FOV, but only aligned it with the INCORRECT FOV and didn't set the FOV to the proper 90-ish FOV.
Thank you very much for the invite!

It seems the initial off-center scope issue I've had both in H3 and H3:ODST has been fixed. Everything runs smooth for me, no game bugs/ graphics issues so far. Small QOL change would be to invert map dragging for the VISR. As it stands, clicking on the VISR map and dragging your mouse in a direction move the map in the same direction (as opposed for the opposite direction, to simulate a dragging motion). That and weapon drop indicators in FF.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Please use this thread for feedback only. Thank you.
Multiplayer feedback:
Numerous crashes occur in Halo 3's matchmaking where my screen will lock up. The Insider Program will either crash, or my entire Xbox will shut down.
Postums wrote:
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for the Halo 3: ODST Flight on PC and Xbox One.

Please do NOT report issues or bugs in this thread. Issues should be reported at the Insider Halo Support Site. This thread is intended for the following feedback:
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Theater Feedback
  • Firefight Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to Halo 3: ODST Flight on PC and Xbox One. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • Area of Game: please specify which are of the game you're providing feedback for
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Insider Halo Support site and find out if it is a Known Issue. If not, please submit a ticket
  • Campaign Feedback: I finished all the missions avaible on the flight, so I´m gonna be a bit too general. I felt it ok, nearly no bugs except for 2 certain bugs on the mission: Data Hive. The first one was an Inmortal Brute, I put him a graneade with no shields and still he didn´t died. And the other bug is that sometimes it changed out of language (also on the same mission)
  • Multiplayer Feedback: I played a few matches, it feels weird to see the ODST guns and play with them on multiplayer, but finally: BR hitmarker is fixed!! Also, I love the fact that now the achievments of the multiplayer are fixed.
  • Theater: N/A. Everything was good.
  • Firefight: It feels as same as the original experience, I mean, you introduced the battle rifle but still the gamemode feels hard to complete. I was very satisfied.
  • Misc/ Other Feedback: Jusf want to say that this update is comming great, I would recommend to make the battle pass a bit more active and attractive, but this update will finally fix a lot of stuff, which I´m totally grateful!.
KevChaos86 wrote:
While I am glad there is an option to turn weapon skins off, there is a problem with the unlock system. The way it is currently implemented, players are forced to unlock tons of unwanted items (weapon/vehicle skins, nameplates, etc) in order to unlock the next "tier" where they are forced to unlock even more unwanted items. This set up punishes every player who prefers the traditional Halo experience. Bringing back a Reach style credit store would solve this problem.

This has been a recurring theme with MCC, but the point still stands. Bring player agency back to Halo. Giving the playerbase the options that they used to have will earn a lot of good will from the community. It should should boost player numbers for MCC.
343 has improved the unlocking scheme significantly since they added the Challenge Hub with the Reach update; initally, you could only unlock things in a completely linear way. Now you can earn season points & XP in a variety of ways, and choose from within the Tier what you want to unlock. They set the Tiers up the way they did deliberately. If they wanted us to be able to unlock whatever we want whenever we want, they would have done so. As it is, it's not unreasonable to expect players to put in some effort for the cooler unlockables.

Also, Reach's original credit system wasn't perfect either; it's a horrendous grind trying to get Credits in it now, all these years later.
The system is functionally identical to how it was when it was launched. We are still locked at tiers. We still have no choice in how to customize our characters. The system is broken and instead of fixing it, they are warping the older games to fit it. Why should anyone be FORCED to unlock items they WILL NEVER SEE for the sake of getting one visor color? It is a waste of our time. Why punish your players for playing your game?

Being forced to grind through every single item in the game is much worse than saving a few thousand credits for the one helmet you want. The credit store was better in every way and we need it back.
The ODST flight fov view models are set too far forward if the fov is set above 100 after latest flight patch. You can see the left shoulder which has incomplete model animation. This was also a problem in Reach when using the pistol. Only fix is to set crosshair position lower. The view models in H3 at 105 fov are perfect and should be used the same in all of the halo games.
will there actually be matches on release, or should i keep up practicing waiting an hour for a match. ngl kinda not getting good vibes.
also where is that dual action key binding i heard about? is it just another legend told to us like input based match making is?
in a nut shell.
Campaign = Good
Multiplayer = What multiplayer?
Fire Fight = Blip Bap Bam.
KevChaos86 wrote:
The system is functionally identical to how it was when it was launched. We are still locked at tiers. We still have no choice in how to customize our characters. The system is broken and instead of fixing it, they are warping the older games to fit it. Why should anyone be FORCED to unlock items they WILL NEVER SEE for the sake of getting one visor color? It is a waste of our time. Why punish your players for playing your game?

Being forced to grind through every single item in the game is much worse than saving a few thousand credits for the one helmet you want. The credit store was better in every way and we need it back.
I mean..... we don't NEED it. Sure it's more convenient for how you want to earn unlocks, but it's not needed.
will there actually be matches on release, or should i keep up practicing waiting an hour for a match. ngl kinda not getting good vibes.
also where is that dual action key binding i heard about? is it just another legend told to us like input based match making is?
in a nut shell.
Campaign = Good
Multiplayer = What multiplayer?
Fire Fight = Blip Bap Bam.
343 have stated on reddit it's a population issue (not enough people playing), not matchmaking problems. Maybe lots of people who now only play on PC (but didn't unenroll from Xbox flighting) got invited only to the Xbox flight leading to both flights not having enough activity? ODST is the first Xbox flight in almost a year.
Dutch is black? News to me
Not so much feedback but a suggestion for future updates! An ability to randomize the weapon skin the player has equipped each match! This would be cool to have in Halo: Infinite also!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. ...
  8. 17