1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. ...
  7. 17
KevChaos86 wrote:
The system is functionally identical to how it was when it was launched. We are still locked at tiers. We still have no choice in how to customize our characters. The system is broken and instead of fixing it, they are warping the older games to fit it. Why should anyone be FORCED to unlock items they WILL NEVER SEE for the sake of getting one visor color? It is a waste of our time. Why punish your players for playing your game?

Being forced to grind through every single item in the game is much worse than saving a few thousand credits for the one helmet you want. The credit store was better in every way and we need it back.
I mean..... we don't NEED it. Sure it's more convenient for how you want to earn unlocks, but it's not needed.
It is needed. It's not fair to anyone to sink hundreds of hours into the game and get nothing for it. The credit store is more fair, it gives the players more options, and it will improve the quality of the game. Just because you're happy with it does not mean that the game shouldn't be improved.
Hello, first time poster here. First time playing Halo 3: ODST on MCC PC.

So far so good with this flight. Thank you for extending it so more people can playtest it. I've missed previous ones due to real-life obligations. Didn't want to miss this one.

Regarding Halo 3: ODST (pre-/current build)
I've only noticed a few oddities, such as Hunters will get stuck on the suspension bridges with the triangular support beams in one level. They can move freely but once they enter the middle of a small bridge they become stuck inside unable to escape, making easy kills. As if their spikes and height make them get stuck to the bridge design's geometry. If it happens again I will take a picture, or see if I can't reproduce it.
Edit: I have reproduced the bug on Tayari Plaza in the current flight build with screenshots. Will file a ticket in the appropriate place now.

I have tried to find any audio logs to test out finding collectibles in 3: ODST. Can any of them even be found? However, it seems to be difficult if the flight campaign missions are more "on-rails" than the full game's "open world" experience. I try to open the door to access the mongoose(s) on Mombasa Streets, and it does not open. Which is fine due to being a flight build, just was curious if collectibles were included in this flight to test.

it takes a good 10-15 minutes to find a Firefight Arcade match at this prime time 5-8pm Pacific time.
After testing Firefight Arcade for a couple of rounds, the loading in between starting a game and exiting is noticeably slower compared to the live version with Halo: Reach. Maybe that is just my end connection.
I'm so glad to have joined the Halo insider & I enjoy testing things albeit they're buggy but that's the fun :).

Been playing Halo since I was ten years old when I went over to a friends house to play CE. Now I'm thirty & still playing Halo still not many shooters that's match it.

I'm eager to help if needed.

Regards
I'm on 110 FOV like always but the viewmodels are -Yoinking!- weird now. We definitely need viewmodel adjustment options ideally for each individual weapon in each title.
KevChaos86 wrote:
The system is functionally identical to how it was when it was launched. We are still locked at tiers. We still have no choice in how to customize our characters. The system is broken and instead of fixing it, they are warping the older games to fit it. Why should anyone be FORCED to unlock items they WILL NEVER SEE for the sake of getting one visor color? It is a waste of our time. Why punish your players for playing your game?

Being forced to grind through every single item in the game is much worse than saving a few thousand credits for the one helmet you want. The credit store was better in every way and we need it back.
I mean..... we don't NEED it. Sure it's more convenient for how you want to earn unlocks, but it's not needed.
It is needed. It's not fair to anyone to sink hundreds of hours into the game and get nothing for it. The credit store is more fair, it gives the players more options, and it will improve the quality of the game. Just because you're happy with it does not mean that the game shouldn't be improved.
And you are absolutely correct in that! Just cause I'm happy doesn't mean it shouldn't, however the very same logic can be applied for the opposite argument as well.
edit: allow me to rephrase, what I meant was just because you don't like the system in place and think is unfair, doesn't mean that to everyone else it is.
I might be oblivious but I personally am not finding many... if any bugs that are not already known. Been trying to keep my eyes open for them but I can't seem to find any.
GAMERBOYSB wrote:
Hey im having a weird problem. Im playing as rookie but he has the fingers of Johnson and Dutch. Its not a big deal but its just like wut.
Dutch is black? News to me
I meant romeo but yeah, rookies black now.
Played some campaign levels and one firefight match, great that my laptop can maintain 50-60fps, my issue is that finding matches to play 4v4 or 8v8 are hard
  • Campaign Feedback: The campaign seems pretty perfect to me in its current state. the only real issue i encountered was on my first day playing it... well this happened https://youtu.be/oENiMkvqDaU im not sure how the brute died so i just thought id include that
  • Mutiplayer Feedback: Sadly i can't make any statements for the Mutiplayer... cause i qued up for hours upon hours each day of being in the flight and did not get into a single match sorry
  • Theater Feedback: Nothing really needs to be said here it worked fine and did exactly what i expected it to
  • Firefight Feedback: I did actually manage to get into a few matchs with other players in Firefight but i spent most of my time doing custom firefight solo and my only real complaints are 1. Maybe tone down the amount of grenades being thrown with the Catch Skull on i get the skull is supposed to make the enemys throw more nades.. but damn its just a bit to much. 2. The amount of damage the fire bombs do to players is just stupidly high plus the fact that its thrown by cloaked brutes makes dying to it alot really annoying cause just being in the fire for a small moment results in death as seen here https://youtu.be/je-rYdy1970
  • Misc Feedback: Really really love how the Viewmodel FOV is now Scaled with the FOV you set in the options menu but i do feel like alot of people are gonna be annoyed if the viewmodel FOV and normal FOV can't be adjusted seperately Like how it is in games like Team fortress 2. so i hope thats in option in the full release and i also hope the option affects the rest of the Halo games in the Collection because..... i really like high Viewmodel FOV's and Halo 2 seriously needs it imo So im gonna be very very very sad if its not in the full release of ODST in some form
  • Final Notes: Other than all that id say its pretty much good to go Thanks for letting me be in the Flight. i am Super excited for Halo 4 Your doing gods work 343 you all deserve a raise
P.S Im sorry for any possible spelling errors
dont make any changes to the vanilla odst ff unless its from a custom game option modifier
ODST Firefight
Really loving the newly added content such as being able to use the battle rifle and fire bomb regeneration in the firefight. I has a blast.

Halo 3 Multiplayer
Really happy that the auto mag, silenced smg and brute plasma rifle were added to the Halo 3 multiplayer. It would be nice to have a custom setting to turn on VISR mode with the flashlight button. This would make it seem like we are playing as an ODST in halo 3 multiplayer. Really loving the newly added weapon skins as well.

Personal request
Would love to see the halo reach grenade launcher added to the halo 3 multiplayer.

Suggestions
I have noticed that there 50 season pass rewards instead of the usual 100. I would like to contribute some ideas to the game. I believe the weapons skins below would make the Halo community very happy as those are one of the best looking weapons of all times.
Battle Rifle Skin: H2A Br from Halo Online, skins works like destiny 2 ornament (model swap).
Shotgun Skin: Halo Reach shotgun skin.
Sniper Skin: Halo Reach sniper skin.
Plasma Rifle Skin: Halo reach plasma rifle skin.
Plasma Pistol Skin: Halo 4 plasma rifle skin.
Needler Skin: Halo 4 needler skin.

The above stated skins can be reviewed using halo online (Game using halo 3's engine), models can be ported over from halo online.

Additional Halo 3 multiplayer Maps
Port maps from halo online such as
  • Diamondback
  • Edge
  • Reactor
  • Icebox
Map veto system

New skulls for halo 3 campaign (Most fun skulls in my opinion)
  • Pinata
  • Bandana
  • Grunt Funeral
  • Scarab
  • Boom
  • Feather
  • Sputnik
  • Envy
Sorry that I seemed greedy but hey halo 3 is my favorite halo game.
Here, I'm only talking about ODST.

=======================================================================================================================================
Yay:

Like before, the audio sounds clear and there are little issues with the visual parts.

Controls are responsive but I did personally change them, more on this later.

I like how it was a seem-less going from the Xbox experience to the PC experience.

The guns (both human and covenant) fire as one would expect. Good job.

Nay:

Unlike all previous Halo flights. this one only gave the option of a compilation of levels instead of letting the user decide which level to play.

The level difficulty is hard set (i.e. cannot be changed) to legendary. This is really going to limit how many players can give feed back as the simply won't have the skill/play time needed to get through such a hard setting. Should have been set to something lower. Or at least given an option.

Similar here as my previous post, but the default controls are a bid odd. For example, Why is there even an option to 'zoom in' and another just to 'zoom'? Surely it can just be 'zoom' and clicked once to start zoom, (and in the case of something like a sniper rife) clicked a second time to zoom in further, and a third time to zoom out, no?

Like another forum member stated, the maps should be in alphabetical order.

=======================================================================================================================================

On a separate note, the inside flight doesn't launch anymore, despite it still being live. Ah well, it'll be part of the main game soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm on 110 FOV like always but the viewmodels are -Yoinking!- weird now. We definitely need viewmodel adjustment options ideally for each individual weapon in each title.
That would make things a bit better, yea.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
I've been able to play through the available ODST missions and I'm just really impressed at how great everything runs. I feel bad that I don't have any feedback at the moment besides that it plays great.
GAMERBOYSB wrote:
GAMERBOYSB wrote:
Hey im having a weird problem. Im playing as rookie but he has the fingers of Johnson and Dutch. Its not a big deal but its just like wut.
Dutch is black? News to me
I meant romeo but yeah, rookies black now.
Its not a big deal but I was just like whaaat. I think its just a texture glitch.
Had a pretty good experience with the flighting, found the mode variations to be pretty fun, only had a few occasional issues that seemed to be network connectivity where projectiles would instantaneously explode without visual tracking (grenades and fuel rod shots would appear next to me without visual or audible warning).
Towards the end of the flight I found I couldn't connect to any matchmaking games however, which could have been on account of my connectivity or may have been another issue, unsure which it would be.
The new customization options seem solid.
Enjoyed the chance to participate in one of these for the first time. Looking forward to future updates, and Infinite.
From what I experienced of the Flight I gotta say it was pretty much positive!

Outside of two Major standout instances, one being stuck in the Halo 3 Multiplayer queue during the Flight & the other being the whole game crashing one time I tried an ODST Firefight Matchmaking Game once, it was otherwise pretty good.

The Campaign Playlist was running fantastic! Really reminded me what I loved about playing the Original Game back on the 360.

I was still able to mess around with the New ODST Weapons a little in Halo 3 in Forge so I got a general idea how it could affect future Multiplayer Games. The New Customization Unlocks for Season 3 are also very interesting and have me interested to see what other folks pick out for their Armors & Skins in the future.

The ODST Firefight was SUPER on point! Not only did it capture what made it great originally but the new Customization Features were fantastic. Being able to tweak the settings going from Classic ODST Firefight to what's essentially "INVINCIBLE GOD MODE" with New Weapons that weren't in the original game was fun to mess with back & forth! I was also able to play a ton of the Matchmaking for Firefight without any issues other than that one time it crashed but otherwise it handled very well and I had an incredible time playing Firefight with others.

Overall I can safely say I'm looking forward to the future after what I played and I definitely had a blast playing it! :D
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. ...
  7. 17