[Locked] Halo 3: ODST Flight - Feedback Thread

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. ...
  6. 17
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I would have liked to remap the Throw Grenade F key to Mouse Button 3 but was not able to make the change.
The never miss 100mph grenades thrown by the Covenant and often unavoidable were at times frustrating.
The campaign parts play very smoothly.
I hope for this next update coming out, 343 adds the ability to view global ranks via player details tab in the menu. It kinda feels like your rank that you grinded for doesnt really exist.
To leave some feedback after the flight ended. Halo ODST campaign felt amazing with almost no issues i could notice, the firefight was good as the original but i wish i could have tried it in matchmaking since i kept being disconnected i did not manage to try it with people or friends in custom games, hope this gets fixed.

The new hitreg in Halo 3 definitely helps a lot, most of my shots from long range no longer felt like wasting ammo and i could notice getting more kills in games. I didn't manage to try the recon slayer in matchmaking but i did try the weapons in custom games with friends and they definitely feel in place with Halo 3 and i believe they should remain in every mode rather than just recon slayer.

Cant wait for the final release of ODST.
tested only the single player
Worked fine without issues, even on my older system (i7 4770, gtx770)
only thing i found odd was that my rosshair was looking more oval then round, it wasn't on every weapon but on some, don't know if it's just me thats weird or if that actually is the case.
Some final bits of feedback for ODST (though these may be legacy problems you won't want to touch) -

In Firefight, Engineers probably need to spawn less frequently, at least on Crater Night. It's difficult to push out and go get the required Plasma Pistol or Needler if you get killed at any point while there are two or more Engineers out (or worse, one or more Engineers with Drones and the Black Eye skull.) Trying to deal with Engineers with anything but the two aforementioned weapons or a Sniper Rifle is an exercise in futility and frustration.

In Campaign: Friendly vehicle passenger AI is infuriating. When in a vehicle, AI tend to take very long pauses between shooting (longer than it takes a player to reload a given weapon), so you are often left vulnerable while driving. This is especially bad in the vehicular section of Coastal Highway, since Buck refuses to take a lot of easy shots even at closer ranges. It feels like there's a system at play that was trying to make sure "the friendly AI don't play the game for you" but instead it massively over-compensated and made it so "the friendly AI don't care about survival, yours or their own".
Postums wrote:
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for the Halo 3: ODST Flight on PC and Xbox One.

Please do NOT report issues or bugs in this thread. Issues should be reported at the Insider Halo Support Site. This thread is intended for the following feedback:
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Theater Feedback
  • Firefight Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to Halo 3: ODST Flight on PC and Xbox One. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • Area of Game: please specify which are of the game you're providing feedback for
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Insider Halo Support site and find out if it is a Known Issue. If not, please submit a ticket
The support site keeps loading a blank page with text saying "access denied".
I joined the halo insider program years ago, was able to participate in two of the flights then.
Where do I go to sign into the halo insider program? (Not sign up)
The support site keeps loading a blank page with text saying "access denied".
I joined the halo insider program years ago, was able to participate in two of the flights then.
Where do I go to sign into the halo insider program? (Not sign up)
The ODST flight has concluded and there are currently no active flights. In order to access the support site there needs to be an active flight, you also need to be invited to a flight (being part of the program won't always guarantee and invite).

For future note these pinned threads are for feedback on active flights, not for asking questions or seeking support. Thanks
Through out the whole flight I did not seem to experience the same problems as everyone else! I don't know why but everything was very streamlined for me Lol. THANKS 343 FOR BRING THIS AMAZING FRANCHISE TO PC!!
I played the flight, both campagin and firefight, and not even once did I encounter a problem. As far as I could tell, the game ran to perfection. In a kind of weird way it has made me feel a bit useless as I have no bug reports or sugestions to contribute.
I'm very happy that the bug of ai behavior is finally got their attention and they'll work to fix it before or just after the launch. Thank you for listening
Anyone else get their Insider MCC Revoked from steam? I know that the flight is over, but the last ones i experienced (the CE, 2, 3) i still had it in my library.
ODST flight was awesome. Nothing really to report until release.
How can we get access to halo3 odst firefight? Why is there only a campaign?
How can we get access to halo3 odst firefight? Why is there only a campaign?
Firefight hasn't been released for any platform as yet, the last flight was to help test it out before it gets released. Currently there is no schedules release date for it
Anyone else get their Insider MCC Revoked from steam?
Keys are generally revoked at the end of each flight
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. ...
  6. 17