OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 17
Thanks for the invite!! I was curious if anyone else has been able to find multiplayer matches on PC since I have yet to find any. It just keeps saying searching for player's constantly and that's for odst firefight as well. Other than that, campaign and firefight feels great, just wanted to try out the new odst weapons in Halo 3 multiplayer.
Game: Halo 3

The Brute Plasma Rifle now that its in Halo 3 multiplayer, I saw on a Youtube Video when picking up the weapon its named "Plasma Rifle" just like the normal Blue Version. The Red Plasma Rifle should be named "Brute Plasma Rifle" like in Halo 2 instead. If the name can just be tweaked a bit for this weapon, that is all that is needed to distinguish between the blue elite version now. Also the name should be tweaked in Forge also.
stckrboy wrote:
how long is this flight session? i cant find anything about it
Everything related to flighting, including schedules, is listed on the Insider Support site
SoMuchSky wrote:
Hi, I've been looking for a game for an hour and still no one ... someone finding game ?
People are likely still coming online or downloading the build, might need to give it a few hours. Also please keep this thread for feedback, thanks :)
Every time I try to go to the support page it give me "Access Denied"
I don't know if it can be adjusted but I'd like to see black eye replaced with another skull on round 3 of the match made version of ODST firefight. It's a bit harsh of a skull to have to deal with while playing with ransoms.
The game has been running quite well, so kudos to the devs! I didn't notice any game-breaking issues so far, but I've yet to try out the multiplayer part.

As far as the campaign goes;

Campaign (Win 10, Keyboard and mouse)
  1. The subtitles seem to be incomplete/buggy. A lot of times they simply don't show up, or appear mid-dialogue.
  2. Walking seems to be a bit sluggish normally, but the moment you pick up a turret you suddenly run like in the previous games, and even faster if you run diagonally.
  3. During dialogue, if the player accidentally runs too fast to the next checkpoint, the NPCs will immediately jump to their next conversation line even if they haven't finished the current one.
Finally managed to hop into some multiplayer this evening.

H3 Multiplayer Bugs

• Custom visors do not seem to be displaying on dead bodies. Including your own, teammates and enemies.
  • There doesn’t seem to be a animation for equipment whilst holding the Automag or the Silenced SMG. I’ve tried this with the bubble shield & power drain.
  • Killjoy medal seems to display twice. One in Halo 3 form and in MCC form. Maybe that’s a setting but I’ve never seen that before in MCC.

Some other minor thing I’ve come across:

• The Automag in Halo 3 Multiplayer seems to have a lot of knock back power against vehicles like Warthogs & Mongoose’s or (Mongeese? You get the point). The some extent this also holds true for the Silenced SMG but it doesn’t seem as noticeable.
  • The Automag in Halo 3 Multiplayer seems to be weirdly close to the player’s POV. Not sure if this is a design choice or a big. Just seems a bit off when comparing its position in ODST to Halo 3.

• In ODST Firefight Sargent Johnson’s hands from the player’s POV don’t match up with his character skin tone.
Overall I’d say the balancing of the new weapons is pretty good. The Silenced SMG & Automag fit well into Halo 3 Multiplayer. The changes to the BR feel buttery smooth too!
I never received a proper invite to this flight, but I still have access to an update to the build from the previous flight in Steam. So I can play but I can't access the insider support side and I'm not entirely sure if online features work. Or even further if I should refrain from accessing the flight build as I was not officially invited.
ODST Firefight suggestions
  • Have a waypoint indicating weapon drops
  • Have a waypoint indicating the last 5 and final enemies
  • Have an option to turn off set skulls
  • Have BR and Assualt rifle ammo/weapon caches on every map
Halo 3
  • No suggestions at this time
Customisation Suggestions
  • More weapon skins for Halo 3 and for more weapons eg Shotgun, Sniper, Needler etc.
  • Weapon skins for ODST that can be used in Firefight
  • Armour abilities like grunt birthday party etc for both H3 and ODST
UI Suggestions
  • Have maps listed in alphabetical order
  • An explanation on how to unlock customisation options such as the 'Bug splattered buck helmet on' skin
  • A 'clear all' option that clears the exclamation mark from the customisation menu once the player has unlocked something. This would save time having to navigate the menu just to remove the exclamation mark.
All these bugs were on the Xbox One platformODST Firefight bugs
  • On the map Lost Platoon if the player has selected the AA Wraith it spawns upside down
  • Indestructable vehicles are inconsistent with some enemy vehicles no being destroyed (the driver can be killed however)
  • When the catch skull is on enemies tend to unintentionally stick each other when throwing grenades
  • On Last Exit enemies don't always seek out the player and just sit near where they spawned
Halo 3 bugs
  • The 'Automag' pistol is to close to the player compared to the magnum
  • When looking at a weapon that has a custom skin as the monitor it appears in its default skin when playin forge
UI bugs
  • When you've purchased a new cosmetic the exclamation mark notifying the player that it's been unlocked doesn't disappear even when the cosmetic has been selected
For the items you have labeled as "bugs" please make sure to submit them as tickets at the Insider Halo Support site at https://aka.ms/HaloSupportInsider. Thank you!
stckrboy wrote:
Everything related to flighting, including schedules, is listed on the Insider Support site
SoMuchSky wrote:
Hi, I've been looking for a game for an hour and still no one ... someone finding game ?
People are likely still coming online or downloading the build, might need to give it a few hours. Also please keep this thread for feedback, thanks :)
Were you invited to the flight?
Thanks for the invite!! I was curious if anyone else has been able to find multiplayer matches on PC since I have yet to find any. It just keeps saying searching for player's constantly and that's for odst firefight as well. Other than that, campaign and firefight feels great, just wanted to try out the new odst weapons in Halo 3 multiplayer.
Please try re-launching the game.
Postums wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
SoMuchSky wrote:
Were you invited to the flight?
No I wasn't sadly. I guess I have to actually be invited to be able to view the patch notes and such for the flight? Like what is being tested?
Postums wrote:
ODST Firefight suggestions
  • Have a waypoint indicating weapon drops
  • Have a waypoint indicating the last 5 and final enemies
  • Have an option to turn off set skulls
  • Have BR and Assualt rifle ammo/weapon caches on every map
Halo 3
  • No suggestions at this time
Customisation Suggestions
  • More weapon skins for Halo 3 and for more weapons eg Shotgun, Sniper, Needler etc.
  • Weapon skins for ODST that can be used in Firefight
  • Armour abilities like grunt birthday party etc for both H3 and ODST
UI Suggestions
  • Have maps listed in alphabetical order
  • An explanation on how to unlock customisation options such as the 'Bug splattered buck helmet on' skin
  • A 'clear all' option that clears the exclamation mark from the customisation menu once the player has unlocked something. This would save time having to navigate the menu just to remove the exclamation mark.
All these bugs were on the Xbox One platformODST Firefight bugs
  • On the map Lost Platoon if the player has selected the AA Wraith it spawns upside down
  • Indestructable vehicles are inconsistent with some enemy vehicles no being destroyed (the driver can be killed however)
  • When the catch skull is on enemies tend to unintentionally stick each other when throwing grenades
  • On Last Exit enemies don't always seek out the player and just sit near where they spawned
Halo 3 bugs
  • The 'Automag' pistol is to close to the player compared to the magnum
  • When looking at a weapon that has a custom skin as the monitor it appears in its default skin when playin forge
UI bugs
  • When you've purchased a new cosmetic the exclamation mark notifying the player that it's been unlocked doesn't disappear even when the cosmetic has been selected
For the items you have labeled as "bugs" please make sure to submit them as tickets at the Insider Halo Support site at https://aka.ms/HaloSupportInsider. Thank you!
Thank you I will. The reason I posted it in the forums was because it was quicker and easier to do. I understand you guys would like as much details as possible but submitting a ticket for each issue can be time consuming.
I'm halfway through the 6 campaign missions and I haven't really noticed any bugs yet. Level 4 seemed a little too dark in some parts of the level, but it definitely wasn't unmanageable or anything. Will beat the campaign missions later tonight and play some Firefight and edit this post or make a new comment if I find anything worth reporting.
After testing this for a while I found some stuff I can come up with.

ODST details:
1. VISR mode appears to work a lot better than before, outlines showing more visible than when ODST first came to MCC.
2. I don't know if it was only me, but there was a rapid fire bug that caused a waste of ammo on certain weapons, but also prevented the Spartan Laser and Plasma Pistol to charge their shots. It appears to be fixed now and has quite helped a lot on Legendary runs.
3. It is good to see ODST Firefight back and way better than before. Although it can still be hard to run through it once the Catch skull is on, one can still enjoy it. Thanks for adding the AR and BR back to Firefight too.
4. After unlocking the ODST characters I noticed there are 4 locked stuff in the customization. Why can't these be unlocked?

Halo 3 details:
1. The new skins, although few, look cool. But in my opinion both the AR and the Magnum are basically using the CE skins adapted to Halo 3. The BR however looks nice with all new skins.
2. I'm playing the Spanish version of the game (LATAM Spanish) and now I see certain names have changed. For example, the SMG has always been called "Subfúsil", but now it is called "Metralleta" for some reason. And the Mauler now keeps it's original name instead of "Aplastador". What made the change?
3. The Brute Plasma Rifle appears to behave more like it's Halo 2 counterpart. Please keep it that way.
4. The Suppressed SMG works nice and feels balanced the way it is. However, in my opinion it's position looks odd compared to the default SMG.
5. The Auto-Mag doesn't feel automatic and fires like a normal Magnum, just with zoom, more ammo and less damage.
6. None of the two ODST weapons can be dual wielded. I'd keep it that way, or else both will feel overpowered.
Thank you I will. The reason I posted it in the forums was because it was quicker and easier to do. I understand you guys would like as much details as possible but submitting a ticket for each issue can be time consuming.
That's intentional to make sure people are actually taking care to submit the proper details. The more accurate and detail filled a report is, the easier it will be for the team to track issues down. That's why the support site was created, to be a place for bugs to be cataloged. Waypoint forums aren't the place for bug reports :)
Halo 3: ODST
In campaign sometimes enemies hit through cover while other elements in the map appear smaller than the actual hitbox is, resulting in shots hitting invisible walls when you can clearly see enemies in the reticle.
At some point two hunters tracked me down halfway across the map and inside buildings with some Jurassic Park shenanigans in which one of them kept looking at me (even through walls) while the other was stalking me... not sure if it is a feature but was quite creepy at some point and I started actively messing with the AI to verify the extent of this behavior and it was insane (very fun to watch though).
When using night vision in a bright environment, brightness keeps adding up and at some point (after getting in the explosion range of a brute grenade launcher shell), the screen had some weird lines across.
Plasma from various sources (plasma pistol, hunter shots, plasma rifle, plasma granade explosion) tends to be too bright.
Edit:
Far (I mean very far) away enemies disappear while not using a zoom of any sort, the AI is still there in some cases allowing enemy snipers to sneak shots without being able to properly spot them.
Even when using silenced weapons and killing isolated enemies with single shots, the entire enemy group in the area knows exactly where you are even if you are well hidden (ties in with aforementioned problem with disappearing enemies)
The game runs smoothly. But it is near impossible to find a match for Multiplayer and Firefight. This is on Xbox but everything else works.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Just finished the six campaign missions for ODST. Incredibly smooth gameplay on PC. No input issues using an Xbox wireless controller.

No issues with matchmaking or gameplay during Firefight so far.
Game runs smoothly. finding a match is taking forever though.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 17