1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17
From what I've experienced so far it's mostly running well, this is the XB1 version running on a OG XB1 by the way.

- Navigating menus and starting things like matchmaking and campaign are faster than the full MCC game.
- Firefight matchmaking has very good connection and while usually 1 person quits, I usually experience that with PvP and PvE modes in the full MCC game.

Only issue I've noticed so far is:
- There's a bug where time running out in ODST Firefight just before the bonus round begins causes the game to never end, all players dying doesn't end the match either despite all skulls being active.

I'm having difficulty accessing the Insider site so figured I'd mention the bug here for the time being.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Finally managed to hop into some multiplayer this evening.

H3 Multiplayer Bugs
  • Custom visors do not seem to be displaying on dead bodies. Including your own, teammates and enemies.
  • There doesn’t seem to be a animation for equipment whilst holding the Automag or the Silenced SMG. I’ve tried this with the bubble shield & power drain.
  • Killjoy medal seems to display twice. One in Halo 3 form and in MCC form. Maybe that’s a setting but I’ve never seen that before in MCC.

Some other minor thing I’ve come across:

• The Automag in Halo 3 Multiplayer seems to have a lot of knock back power against vehicles like Warthogs & Mongoose’s or (Mongeese? You get the point). The some extent this also holds true for the Silenced SMG but it doesn’t seem as noticeable.
  • The Automag in Halo 3 Multiplayer seems to be weirdly close to the player’s POV. Not sure if this is a design choice or a big. Just seems a bit off when comparing its position in ODST to Halo 3.

• In ODST Firefight Sargent Johnson’s hands from the player’s POV don’t match up with his character skin tone.
Overall I’d say the balancing of the new weapons is pretty good. The Silenced SMG & Automag fit well into Halo 3 Multiplayer. The changes to the BR feel buttery smooth too!
Please make sure to submit issues you encounter as tickets at the Insider Halo Support site at https://aka.ms/HaloSupportInsider. Thank you!
From what I've experienced so far it's mostly running well, this is the XB1 version running on a OG XB1 by the way.

- Navigating menus and starting things like matchmaking and campaign are faster than the full MCC game.
- Firefight matchmaking has very good connection and while usually 1 person quits, I usually experience that with PvP and PvE modes in the full MCC game.

- There's a bug where time running out in ODST Firefight just before the bonus round begins causes the game to never end, all players dying doesn't end the match either despite all skulls being active.

I'm having difficulty accessing the Insider site so figured I'd mention the bug here for the time being.
Please make sure to submit issues you encounter as tickets at the Insider Halo Support site at https://aka.ms/HaloSupportInsider. Thank you!
2. I'm playing the Spanish version of the game (LATAM Spanish) and now I see certain names have changed. For example, the SMG has always been called "Subfúsil", but now it is called "Metralleta" for some reason. And the Mauler now keeps it's original name instead of "Aplastador". What made the change?
Question: Where exactly is this happening?

Is this Halo 3 or Halo 3: ODST?
Is this a game options screen? Weapons options? Loading Screen?

Would love to know the details of where this is located at to pass along.
Postums wrote:

I was trying to access it but came across a "Let this app access your info" consent page, is this normal and you just accept?
Automag feels way too different from its performance in ODST, it should be quick firing with low damage. Right now it emulates the Halo 5 magnum which just outclasses the Halo 3 magnum in every way. I understand a straight port of the automag would be under powered, its damage could be buffed from 6 to 8 or 9 instead of all the way up to 16. This would make it a 9 or 8 shot headshot kill (respectively) with a 12 round magazine which would be fair.
The Silenced SMG is mostly fine but its max spread is ridiculous. I understand it was actually that way in odst but now in Halo 3 it reaches that spread much quicker than it did in ODST. It doesn't need that nerf since its damage is already reduced from ODST, dealing 5 damage instead of 6 (which is a huge impact for a 900rpm weapon).
The Brute Plasma Rifle actually feels ok but isn't as faithful to the halo 2 dynamic of plasma rifles as it could be. The firerate is too high compared to h2 while the Plasma Rifle actually has the same firerate between h2 and h3. Other small things like spread could be adjusted but what would be the simplest solution would be to have the Brute PR share all of the same stats as the regular pr just with the firerate of its h2 incarnation.This would take care of itself as the ROF would cause it to overheat faster anyway. At most it could be given increased spread but the RoF and overheating mechanics should remain the same as the default Plasma Rifle.

Overall I'm very happy that these weapons are in Halo 3 now but what we wanted was for the ODST weapons to be usable in Halo 3, not completely different weapons with an ODST appearance.

PS: The visor and weapon skins are much better than the ones for CE
Haven't had any problems. Seems pretty smooth. 🙂
a few suggestions for new ODST Firefight features that I'm not sure are even possible but I would hope they are. (Also if this isn't the right place to post suggestions for new features, pls let me know)

Versus In ODST FIREFIGHT: an underrated feature in Reach firefight was being able to play as an elite with covenant at your side while fighting someone in multiplayer. I feel like something like this should be added to ODST but in a way that makes sense for the game. Considering ODST takes place during the great schism, you could play as an elite that opposes ODST players and the covenant NPCs. Extra points if there's an option to make the covenant hostile or friendly towards elite player's
Customization of the waves: This is simple. An option to customize what type of enemies appear each wave like in halo reach. Maybe some enemies that appear only in halo 3 and not ODST.
More weapons that are only in Halo 3 but not in ODST: Another rather simple one. Sentinel beam, blue plasma rifle, energy sword, magnum, unsilenced smg, and many more. Y'all know your own game, you can figure that one out lol
this isn't firefight related but anti air wraith in halo 3 multiplayer: Im on Xbox so unless you guys make mod support available on Xbox's version, I'm reliant on you guys adding it.
Friendly AI in ODST firefight: self explanatory. Maybe you guys can tie it in to the first two suggestions I gave: A few friendly humans for ODSTS, and wave where elites come in through corridors to help the elite player's in the hypothetical versus mode I suggested. Just a thought

Now hears the one I know won't be added but I'll mention it just so you can pick parts from it and put those pieces into something that works:
A More massive ODST firefight level: Remember that mission in halo 3 where you first land on the ark and you enter that massive space with scarabs? I'm thinking something like that but in ODST firefight, yes with scarabs. Maybe some other freaks of nature as well. Something chaotic.

in closing: i understand it's difficult to develop games, and especially difficult to make classics better without taking away what made them classics in the first place so please don't look at this and think I don't realize otherwise. All I ask is that you keep the experience fresh while conserving what formed those games identity, so please be reminded that you guys should double down on new features while simultaneously being careful. I hope you at least take bits in pieces of this to make something great. Good luck 343

P.S: who's ever idea it was to add the hornet to firefight, GOD BLESS YOU, -Yoink- FUN AS HELL.
Hi
I got the email inviting me to the flight but I can't find where to download it anywhere on the website? Am I just being dumb or is it not ready yet or something? lol
Hi
I got the email inviting me to the flight but I can't find where to download it anywhere on the website? Am I just being dumb or is it not ready yet or something? lol
The flighting email should tell you I believe, in the event it doesn't your invitation here on Waypoint details here to look:
https://aka.ms/HaloSupportInsider
Testing the flight on xbox one x. The game runs very well,except from some few frame drops whenever there is a checkpoint on all campaign missions. Other than that,multiplayer works greats,firefight as well and the new skins are so fitting to halo 3. Pretty good overall.

Forgot to mention,hit registration on halo 3 is also way better.
I'd say the flight is going pretty smooth, and I don't see many issues outside of a few glitches here and there with the pathfinding of the AI in the campaign.

Also, the previews for the Hayabusa helmet and EOD helmet seem a bit off, like the textures for them aren't fully finished yet and look a bit foamy. The neck part of the helmets with the body suit is also white, like the textures for them are missing.
Almost done with the campaign. Forget what I said about the lighting. It's fine and if it is dark, there's always night vision to turn on. I did possibly find one bug thought and it's nothing serious.

BUG #1. When losing connection with Xbox Live and the little popup comes up saying "You have lost your Xbox LIve connection" or whatever, the speakers made a kind of popping sound. It was not like an error message sound, it was something weird.
I have more suggestions regarding ODST and HALO 3 that will probably never see the light of day but it's worth a shot:
  • Random encounters with elite squadrons trying to survive the covenants betrayal in ODSTS campaign: if it isn't obvious already, it bugs me that the only thing regarding the great schism happening at the time of the game is dead elites. If we actually saw them in a action during the free roam rookie segments of the campaign, that would be great. Maybe as a skull
  • Weapons only seen in halo 3 campaign added to the ODST campaign in some way and vice versa: self explanatory, maybe by skull
  • ODST red plasma rifle used by brutes in halo 3: self explanatory, maybe added by skull
  • ODSTS in halo 3 campaign use ODST weapons like the silenced SMG for example: self explanatory
Alright, that's all the insane ideas I have for now. I hope new feature ideas aren't aganist some kind of rule.
BUG #1. When losing connection with Xbox Live and the little popup comes up saying "You have lost your Xbox LIve connection" or whatever, the speakers made a kind of popping sound. It was not like an error message sound, it was something weird.
For bug reporting on Insider builds, please refer to your flighting messages for information on how to post bug reports.
Please do not post bug reports here on the forums and be sure read the known issues list first before reporting anything.

https://aka.ms/HaloSupportInsider
Postums wrote:
2. I'm playing the Spanish version of the game (LATAM Spanish) and now I see certain names have changed. For example, the SMG has always been called "Subfúsil", but now it is called "Metralleta" for some reason. And the Mauler now keeps it's original name instead of "Aplastador". What made the change?
Question: Where exactly is this happening?

Is this Halo 3 or Halo 3: ODST?
Is this a game options screen? Weapons options? Loading Screen?

Would love to know the details of where this is located at to pass along.
Both Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST.
Both the game options screen and in-game have these odd changes.
Actually, in the weapons options there are yet other changes.

1. The Spiker is named "Pincho" in the game's options. This weapon has always been called "Spiker" in LATAM Spanish, and the translation given here is also wrong. In the Forge palette, however, it is properly called Spiker, as well as when picking it up.
2. The Fuel Rod Gun is named "Cañón de vara de combustible" in game's options. Although this translation is correct, it has always been named "Cañón de Combustible" since Halo 2. It is named properly in the Forge palette and when picking it up though.
3. The Suppressed Magnum is called "Cargador Automático" in the weapons options for some reason, whereas in Forge menu it is named "Automag" and when picking it up it is yet called "Magnum" as if it were a normal Magnum. "Cargador Automático" means "Auto magazine", which might make sense for "Automag", but that "-mag-" is supposed to stand for "Magnum" not "Magazine".
4. The SMG is called "Metralleta" in the Forge palette and when picking it up. While the name is correct, SMG stands for Sub-Machine Gun and has always been translated as "Subfúsil" since Halo 2, which is the literal translation. This is also applied to the Suppressed SMG. The SMG appears with capital letters as "SUBFUSIL" in the weapons options, but the Suppressed SMG still appears as "Metralleta silenciada", when it should say "Subfúsil con silenciador".
5. The Mauler is called by it's original English name everywhere (game options, Forge, etc.), when it should be called "Aplastador", translation given since Halo 3.
6. Some equipment in Halo 3 have their names changed as well, I just can't remember them all. Some others appear incomplete in the Forge palette, such as the Frag grenade, appearing as "Granada de...", missing the "Fragmentación" part. The Elephant is also translated as "Elefante", while it shouldn't as all vehicles have always kept their English names in LATAM Spanish.
7. The Missile Pod is called "Lanzamisiles" in the Forge palette and when picking it up, when it should say "Afuste de Misiles" which is the correct translation and the one given in OG Halo 3. "Lanzamisiles" is "Missile Launcher", and it can sort of be confused with the Rocket Launcher ("Lanzacohetes").
8. Two ODST characters are named incorrectly in the customization. Dutch is called "Holandés", which is the literal translation to the word "dutch", but Dutch is a character in the game and is called as such in dialogue, so it must not be translated. Same happens to Buck, who is called "Ciervo" which is the literal translation to a male deer or "buck"; but the situation is the same as Dutch's.
9. In the Spartan customization, Scout armor is named "Explorador", Recon is named "Reconocimiento" and Rogue is named "Rebelde". They should not be translated as they weren't in OG Halo 3, unlike ODST and Security which are correctly translated as "SCDO" and "Seguridad". In the Elite's case, all armor names were initially translated so they're fine.

I believe there are translation mistakes ocurring in other games as well. But won't mention those here.
I hope I helped with all this.
Game runs fine so far. Haven't gone too far into the campaign but there hasn't been any FPS drops and I use a pretty dated system. So far better than Reach and the level "The Covenant" in Halo 3.

Having said that, a few things I'd like to see here, is the ability to set new binds for the Objective waypoints in ODST. I'm not a fan of having to use the arrow keys considering my keyboard is below my mouse, so it'd be nice to be able to re-bind that manually. If I could, I would put them on the letter B.
Just beat all the Campaign levels and the game ran splendidly and I really didn't encounter any bugs! Any tiny bugs I did find, I will submit the proper bug reports.
I've also posted this in the forums, but it's definitely some that needs addressing so please forgive me for the repetition.
I have received an invite to the flight for ODST, but everytime I click on "Install Instructions" it tells me that I am "not authorised to access this page".

Since the flight began yesterday, I have seen several people across social media who have been experiencing this same issue.
Im sorry, but how do you know if you're invited?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17