3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 21
stckrboy wrote:
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for the Halo 4 Flight on PC and Xbox One. Please do NOT report issues or bugs in this thread. Issues should be reported at the Insider Halo Support Site. This thread is intended for the following feedback:
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Theater Feedback
  • Firefight Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to Halo 4 Flight on PC and Xbox One. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • Area of Game: please specify which are of the game you're providing feedback for
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Insider Halo Support site and find out if it is a Known Issue. If not, please submit a ticket
Is the Halo 4 mcc flight ring 3 outq. Also should I be getting an email or a message
Dear 343 Industries. I just want to give some quick tips. I think this is the best time to implement some of the original H4 forge maps into the game. I've talked with a lot of the Halo 4 community and they are sick of all the DLC maps they have to play in social. they would rather see maps like Epicenter, Onyx, Dispatch, Simplex, Rail, etc in all the 4v4 settings. we need to spice the game up again. People don't want to see BTB maps like Ragnarok, Harvest, and Exile in 4v4 playlists. I believe if you implement these maps back into the game you would bring a lot of the population back to the game.

I understand you guys don't care about Halo 4 anymore, but we do. Please do something about this.

You will probably not read this, which is a shame. You are 'probably' only going to look at peoples feedback that includes bug fixes. You aren't 'probably' looking to change what the majority of the game offers. listen to this, I've been playing Halo 4 since the beginning and never stopped playing it as my main game. I'm a veteran and would really like to see these changes and so would a lot of people.

Sincerely,

Inferntality
So my general thoughts about the Halo 4 Flight
  • Game runs smoothly
  • Maps and levels loaded pretty damn fast
  • Multiplayer worked well
  • Campaign worked well
One thing that I believe would have made the experience for me better
  • Online Co-op matchmaking (Seriously, you made the point of Spartan Ops to be played with others, and campaign can be played in Co-op, but you never really bothered to implement a official matchmaking for those modes. Please for the love of god, add in Co-op matchmaking PLEASE.)
Overall, this is probably the best flight I have tested.
On PC
I9-9900k
RTX 3090
32 GB RAM 3000
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB NVME
Xbox one controller
Enhanced Settings, No frame cap
3440x1400

The same issue that is unresolved in Reach (but is not present in 1,2, or 3 in the MCC). There is an issue with "judder" or panning smoothness when using an unlocked framerate greater than 60 fps. Testing currently on a 100hz monitor, so setting the cap to 60 or 120 is unhelpful. Issue occurs with or without v-sync, likewise for AA. Framerate stays at the monitor's refresh 100% of the time according to both rtss and my monitor's built in tool.

P.S. - The issue occurs (in Reach) only when using a controller, it disappears when using m+kb. However, the issue seems to persist with both in the Halo 4 Flight.
  • Area of Game: Multiplayer, Flood
  • Feedback: While I loved the new flood ascetic brought to infection, something i did not like was limiting Flood to only use "Flood talons." So many classic gametypes were made impossible with the infected not being able to use any other weapon. Please consider adding a new variant of Flood that plays more like classic infection!
EDIT: removed a suggestion that was inaccurate
WHITE BOX BUG ON KOTH
PC
Area of game: multiplayer
details: I was playing on The Pit remake (don't remember the exact name of it in halo 4) and it was KOTH. Basically a white box would be on where the game marks the point, and it would obstruct the view when you were looking in, but even if you were on the hill and turned away it would remain at the side of your screen. In this match there was also audio bugs, where when points were being gained the announcer would say "next point to victory" or something like that.
unable to find games in ranked with more than 3 players. 3 players is an instant game and 4 players we have waited over 45 minutes and have yet to find a game.
so I found this bug where when you are flying a pelican and you switch to editor mode before leaving it you would get stuck in the pelican. even if you do it on kill barrier and destroy the pelican you would still be stuck.
For custom games in Halo 4, direct invites not sending/receiving.
Ryzen 9 4900HS, 8-Core, 4.3Ghz
RTX 2060 Max-Q
16GB DDR4 3200
nVME
120Hz 1080p FreeSync display

Settings:
Enchanced
Everything Set to Maximum
V-Sync Off
1440p, DSR to 1080p

• My framerates are spectacular, but I've noticed that there is camera-panning judder when I disable VSync and enable framerates above 60FPS. Similar problem was experienced in Reach, but not in the other games in the MMC.
  • I'm experiencing uncharacteristic (to MCC) input lag that, while not debilitating, is nonetheless distracting.
  • Also, I'm not entirely convinced that DSR, or "Virtual Super Resolution" in case of AMD, is functioning properly. My framerates and frame-times from downsampled resolutions are exactly the same as my native resolution. And aliasing/jaggies do not improve when the resolution is raised. Perhaps there's an interaction here, or maybe there is an issue with my rig.
  • Anti-aliasing is not strong enough. It could benefit from several different options, beyond "On" and "Off".
  • Alt-tabbing out of fullscreen will keep the game running, but the application will disappear from the taskbar, necessitating a closure via Task Manager, and reopening.
Most Noticeably: Online co-op matchmaking would be a wonderful addition, and is sorely missed. I could see myself getting many more hours out of the game, provided I could co-op campaign missions with random people.
My general opinion on this flight build is positive overall!
Runs smooth, I appreciate how fast the levels in both campaign/Spartan Ops and matchmaking load up, and I haven't really run into any bugs I'd personally consider severe, though I've reported a few minor ones, mostly UI or audio. Sometimes melee and aiming feel a little "off" but I can't put my finger on it, so it's not something I feel comfortable reporting, until I can describe what seems off about them exactly.
A small suggestion: Armor variants should absolutely stay in their own "folders" (categories?) even if they only have two variants- it just looks cleaner, and keeps it consistent with other titles in the collection like Reach.

As with Reach, though, I wish the apparent bias towards DLC/forge world maps in matchmaking could be lowered a little, or if a map vote system could be implemented again..
Personally I never enjoyed most of the DLC maps as much, and I miss the nostalgia factor that the original maps have for me. Sometimes I just really want to chill out with familiar maps. I'm sure I'll learn the "new" maps just as well in time, but in the mean time I miss the base ones. Buuuut I could be alone in that, which is fine.

Also, I miss the unique stances your Spartan could take on your player card on the original Halo 4.. They're not super useful anymore with the current lack of Spartan previews in matchmaking, but if something ever changes in that regard, I'd love to see those stances come back. Or if they're planned for the full release, this is a moot point, haha.
The mechanics/movement is wrong/changed.
it no feels like I am playing a game that is designed for pc, but on an Xbox controler on xbox.
This is the same om classic and modern settings.
  • Defaut look sensitivity and sensitivity acceleration is no longer the usual default, how ever I change it it’s not right.
  • If You hold Zoom/scope for less than half a second it wont zoom back out again when I release the zoom button again, instead the game thinks I’m tapping the button and stays zoomed. It’s never been like this before. Makes Universal Z&S button layout near unplayable
Please rename the Savegame folders to match the name of their respective games.
Infection favours the Ability variant of the gametype moreso than the version without abiltiies (AR spawn and map weapons VS shotgun/magnum spawn and 3 abilites to choose from.

It seems like there arent many maps suited to that particular kind of infection for the flight or simply that the 5 matches I played just so happened to mostly be of one specific type.

I hope we can pick and choose the exact kind of infection type we want to partake in later down the line, game specific is still very broad.
Spam8358 wrote:
The mechanics/movement is wrong/changed.
it no feels like I am playing a game that is designed for pc, but on an Xbox controler on xbox.
This is the same om classic and modern settings.
  • Defaut look sensitivity and sensitivity acceleration is no longer the usual default, how ever I change it it’s not right.
  • If You hold Zoom/scope for less than half a second it wont zoom back out again when I release the zoom button again, instead the game thinks I’m tapping the button and stays zoomed. It’s never been like this before. Makes Universal Z&S button layout near unplayable
Isnt toggle zoom an option in the menus you can adjust? Or is it just toggle crouch?
Is it normal for enemies dropped weapons to disappear in Halo 4?

Request: Remove the requirement that all keybinds are filled. It's is a small thing but still annoying that I need to bind functions I do not use.
So far the Halo 4 has been running soothly on xbox. I did run into bug in multiplayer where I would kill a enemy player but the kill/score won't show up. Other than that, the Halo 4 flight is solid and I can't wait for its release.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Hey all, looked through the thread and haven't seen many much talk about the more graphical stuff:

Bloom and lens flare - would it be possible to have a setting to turn this on/off or reduce its strength? Pretty much every light source looks like overkill to me. This is really noticeable/painful to look at in some parts, in particular the bridge section on Requiem where you have to fight enemies while looking into the sun.

LOD draw distance - the distance at which low-LOD models for enemies are drawn just seems really low? Really egregious in vehicle sections where the camera zooms out. I'm guessing this was a concession made for performance on the 360 but it would be really good to see an option or adjustment to render distance as well.

Here's some examples/screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/qpvmjut
I logged in on day 1 of the flight, was able to select team slayer....then 12 man FFA

Since then its only been infection. I know the playlist rotates as the flight progresses but Jesus Christ, can we at least get 2 playlists running side by side
so when we log in we can at least have a chance of being able to play a playlist we like. I don't want to play infection
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 21