Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Halo 4 Flight Invite?

OP Daniel13789

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
If I recall, the H4 flight is given to everyone who signed up for the flight, right? I haven't gotten my invite and was wondering if anyone else is left out and if the invites are delayed.
Looking into this myself. I've spoken to six friends now that have their invite but I don't. Wouldn't be shocked if this is another case of MS's notoriously flimsy network collapsing under the almighty and exceptional bemand of a mild marketing email campaign.
Facing the same issue here.

Wasted easily half my day yesterday waiting for an invite that just never came. I signed up for flighting before the cutoff.

Sort of a shame cause 4 was the one I was most hyped for playing.
I never got an invite either.
If everyone that signed up and opted-in was supposed to get one, then something is wrong.
I didn't get invited for this or ODST.
Thankfully for me, a few others I know (that barely evn play halo) but I told to sign up anyway, still got invited.
And yeah... This exact same thing is what I had to do to play ODST flight also.

I'm beginning to think there is a major bug in whatever system they use that automatically chooses opted-in insiders. (especially after 343 saying there was unintentionally low population for ODST flight) This needs to be dissected and analyzed, especially whatever criteria that automatically chooses insiders.
I've been a Halo Insider since they were testing the new MCC and was in the Halo 2 and Halo 3 PC flighting but I haven't gotten an invite either. I haven't seen anything that says Halo 4 is going out to everyone who is an insider but that's what everyone seems to be saying. So if that is the case, I still haven't gotten anything on my end.
Still no invite here either.
Been in every flight since CE and signed up before Reach launched.
So everyone being invited was a lie.
Do keep in mind, since they intend to invite EVERYONE, it is gonna take some time to get all invites out. They go out in waves as usual, and since the target list is everyone, it's gonna take a bit more than just a day or two. When ODSTs flighting began, i did not get an invite till 2 days after in wave 2. Stay patient gents.
From what I gathered in the forums of the FAQ section as well as the sign up email I received when signing up for the Halo Insider, to do the H4 flight beta test in both cases 343 Industries mentioned. To just be patient & that they are aware and working on sending out the invites, & to basically just hang in there & that eventually we will receive our invites as well. It may take some time as there are many different gamers in many different countries who are excited & looking forward to trying the beta out. (myself included hence why I signed up for the Halo Insider), also make sure your information is updated whether its for console or PC or even both. So they know when & where to send the invite to that includes the email address, & to check your email from time to time to. Hope this helps! :)

P.S. just a little sidenote for those who are wondering or curious: from what I read as well, if you change your mind or don't want to participate you can also opt out of the beta. Just go back to your Halo Insider and choose the opt out or cancel option (I think), this is just for anyone curious or wondering is all.
KenniTDG wrote:
Do keep in mind, since they intend to invite EVERYONE, it is gonna take some time to get all invites out. They go out in waves as usual, and since the target list is everyone, it's gonna take a bit more than just a day or two. When ODSTs flighting began, i did not get an invite till 2 days after in wave 2. Stay patient gents.
I hope you're right. I'd hate to miss out on this one and break my flight streak.
I still have yet to receive an invite for this one even though I took part in every single one so far, barring ODST because for some reason I got an Xbox flight test for ODST despite not even being opted in Xbox, only PC. But one of my friends who never even took part in any insider game still received one for H4. They definitely need a less random invite system and one that sends out to those who have been an Insider longer first. Only makes sense imo
Just thought I'd add my name to this list. I actually signed up ages ago, but for some reason my account wasn't properly set up (even though I remember doing so for the Xbox version months and months ago).

Nevertheless, my account was properly set up at the end of last week for the H4 flight (PC this time), still nothing. Guess I'll go back to replaying the Reach campaign for a while.
FYI for you guys, support got back to me, and they've refused to help. They said they're, "unable to give flight invites", and just told me to make sure I'm signed up to flights. So it's nuke. 343 mislead, actually, out-right lied again and are now just doing nothing about it. Top notch
FYI for you guys, support got back to me, and they've refused to help. They said they're, "unable to give flight invites", and just told me to make sure I'm signed up to flights. So it's nuke. 343 mislead, actually, out-right lied again and are now just doing nothing about it. Top notch
After having seen you on the Reddit thread (you're actually the guy who responded to my initial post, heh), I'm quite let down to read this. I don't understand why the information given out beforehand wasn't correct; if there was even a slim chance of missing out, it seems terribly dishonest to claim that - as I've seen said in multiple places - you "will" have an invitation.

Thanks for the information, though. I at least know not to bother getting my hopes up.
BGbot wrote:
After having seen you on the Reddit thread (you're actually the guy who responded to my initial post, heh), I'm quite let down to read this. I don't understand why the information given out beforehand wasn't correct; if there was even a slim chance of missing out, it seems terribly dishonest to claim that - as I've seen said in multiple places - you "will" have an invitation.

Thanks for the information, though. I at least know not to bother getting my hopes up.
Again bud, "AAA" studios/publishers. They'll say/do/show anything without a thought and damn the consequences. In the case of MS specifically, FH3 had a post-launch issue of false-positive bans. I was one person hit by that. Though if you brought it up in the forums, your thread was locked by a moderator with a cookie cutter response. Once it got to hundreds, they started swearing at and threatening users before banning them from the forums too (also occured to me. Was called a f***er and banned because I had made a second thread two days after the first was locked). Once it hit thousands, it took over Reddit and PCGamer and KitGuru made articles. THEN MAGIC! All of a sudden, there was an issue! And support could help after they said they couldn't!

That's the "AAA" industry. Minimum effort, minimum care, maximum profit. Until the plate gets too hot.
KenniTDG wrote:
You were right, I just got a notification saying I'm invited to the flight.

I hope everyone else gets their invites soon.
Just got this in an email after signing up for the insider program:

"However, this means not all Halo Insiders will be selected to participate in every flight."

Looks like the "everyone will be invited" is NOT true.
I just signed up for the flight and was hoping to get my invite pretty quick, What a Bummer
I got my invite an hour ago so it could just be that it's taking a while. I hope everyone gets the chance to be involved.
Just got this in an email after signing up for the insider program:

"However, this means not all Halo Insiders will be selected to participate in every flight."

Looks like the "everyone will be invited" is NOT true.
I believe the source for this comment is this tweet from ske7ch, where the wording is very specific:
https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1316119992966889473
Quote:
Every eligible Insider will be invited to the upcoming Halo 4 flight (Xbox and PC)!
Emphasis mine - there are various things that can prevent you from being invited to a flight, from not signing up in time, incorrect profile details to enforcement bans on your account. The only change in Halo 4's flight process is that the initial invites went out to all the eligible members they had on their list, instead of doing it in smaller waves like they did last time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2