Halo CE Flights?

OP amalL

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I am one of the few that are more excited for CE to come out than 2 and 3. I heard rumors for beginning of the year and here we are! Does anyone have any more news on this? Can't wait to test this out of PC and give any kind of insight I can.

-Llama aka amalL
Quote:
We are currently in a pre-alpha phase and have been making good progress against many of the same features you see in Halo: Reach today. To list a few that are in progress and/or being tested:
  • M&K Support
  • FOV Support
  • Aspect Ratio Support
  • Customization: We are already integrating a 3d model with live color adjustments for H:CEA and are investigating what more can be done
  • HUD Upres
  • VFR Support
  • Input Latency Reduction
  • PC Optimizations
If work continues on its current trajectory, we are looking good to start flights in January. (you are signed up wtih the Halo Insider program, right?)

- Farns, MCC Development Update - December 2019, 'Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary' subheading, 20/12/19.
I think that's the most we have right now; information is scarce around the holidays.
Me I can't wait if Halo CEA on MCC.
If you want to play Halo CE on pc while waiting for CEA MCC give Halo Custom Edition a try, for now, SPV3 is kinda close to CEA in a way. That if you are into Moded games.
Unruly9679 wrote:
If you want to play Halo CE on pc while waiting for CEA MCC give Halo Custom Edition a try, for now, SPV3 is kinda close to CEA in a way. That if you are into Moded games.
SPV3 is great but nowhere close to HALO CEA, mainly because its so unfair with like, literally everything, other than that its amazing!
I just wanna take in how halo cea looks on pc. The hype for me currently is halo 2a and halo 3. But on topic I think the game will come out late February or even March, since halo 1 is already on pc I am hoping we will get it smoothly and quickly.(Unless they change cea a lot) Fingers crossed that they dont mess up halo cea like reach.
Yeah, I'm definitely in the CE love boat with the rest of yall. I can't wait to receive the invite email. Halo CE is still one of my favorite video games... <3
The big takeaway from the newest developer update for me is the "Customization" bullet point. A 3D model for my Halo CE Spartan will be soo cool! This is a great outlook on the future of MCC. If we're getting new 3D models for even Halo CE, we are definitely gonna be seeing AMAZING additions to the features for the other Halo titles when they get released. Can't wait! :)
I personally can't wait for H2A to come to PC and I pray they will add Midship to the list of remastered maps.
I personally can't wait for H2A to come to PC and I pray they will add Midship to the list of remastered maps.
Yes midship, one of my fav maps.
amalL wrote:
I am one of the few that are more excited for CE to come out than 2 and 3. I heard rumors for beginning of the year and here we are! Does anyone have any more news on this? Can't wait to test this out of PC and give any kind of insight I can.

-Llama aka amalL
Me too! I also play Halo CE for Mac still and would love to see the anniversary on keyboard and mouse. (yes I still play the original halo)
amalL wrote:

-Llama aka amalL
Me too! I also play Halo CE for Mac still and would love to see the anniversary on keyboard and mouse. (yes I still play the original halo)
What Mac version are you playing on that supports it still? Would be cool if 343 in the future might decide to port the MCC to Mac but probably won't happen as the OS market share is so small for Mac though compared to Windows that it won't be worth it.
amalL wrote:

-Llama aka amalL
What Mac version are you playing on that supports it still? Would be cool if 343 in the future might decide to port the MCC to Mac but probably won't happen as the OS market share is so small for Mac though compared to Windows that it won't be worth it.
I haven't updated my mac to catalina yet because if i do i can't play halo ce anymore.
Halo CE Anniversary can't come soon enough!
Halo CE Anniversary can't come soon enough!
I wholeheartedly agree! While 'Reach' is an utterly fantastic game, I've always preferred the original trilogy of games and I'm positive I'm not alone. Let's hope development remains smooth for CE!
The pc controls for CE pc are already there from the hce pc launch back in 2003, so there should not be much work on that front.
But 343 might redo the entire controls for the game.
Excited to see what the competitive side of that game comes on this roll out.... people were/still are nutty at it and now with M&K community growing... it could be something really special
I absolutely can't wait to for CE! Glad to see I'm not the only one for which it's epitome of Halo! The number of hours I put into it on the original Xbox is dwarfed only by the INSANE number of hours I put into it when my friend and I found out there was a PC version we could actually play online! I remember playing our first few matches while we'd be on the phone and just yelling "IT'S A FULL WARTHOG!" or "THAT SCORPION HAS LIKE FOUR GUYS SITTING ON THE SIDES!" I don't think the thrill ever really goes away, either; I'm always way too excited whenever I see a warthog pull up with one extra seat open before we make a mad-dash toward the other side of the map. XD

Since it's kinda my thing at this point, I gotta note that despite all my excitement (especially at first announcement of the PC port) 343 REALLY needs to allow individuals in the community to host dedicated servers. Did the original Halo CE/Custom Edition on PC have a great community? Yes! Would it have been as thriving and enduring to this day if everyone could only play by waiting to be dumped from one bucket of strangers to another? I'm afraid not. So much of what makes the first Halo PC port so great and keeps me coming back to it is the fact that you can choose from whatever server you want (offering a much more varied selection than what is feasible for matchmaking systems) as well as the fact that you get to see many of the same people on those servers. You can have thriving community subsets that play on a dedicated server with bizarre custom/mod maps or ones that just play one map (we all know it's gonna be Blood Gulch! XD) on CTF 24/7 as different people hop on and off throughout the day and night.

Again, I am extremely excited to have CE being added to the collection, but it's really most important to me that 343 understand why this is such a key feature and that especially on PC, most of us expect it as a minimum, not a back-burner topic to be mostly dismissed in an old AMA. It isn't the unlocks and cosmetics that keep me coming back (even though they can be cool to have!), it's the prospect of playing a fantastic game with community of more than just strangers I'd have to specifically add to a party to be able to see for more than one match. We've got to make sure we make our voices heard; this game has way too much potential to go untapped for lack of such a basic PC-game feature!
IanCasll wrote:
Unruly9679 wrote:
SPV3 is great but nowhere close to HALO CEA, mainly because its so unfair with like, literally everything, other than that its amazing!
unfair how? care to give some detail?
RC501 TOAD wrote:
IanCasll wrote:
Unruly9679 wrote:
unfair how? care to give some detail?
Oh man try playing in higher difficulties, its not legendary hard like in other halos its quite stupid to be honest, the way the enemy behaves plus they can be too overwhelming even at lower difficulties.
There is just too much going on screen at all times whenever theres a firefight. On top of that the optimization is not the best, i believe its too much for the halo 1 engine even if you're playing on a decent computer the frames just drop constantly in big areas (Of course you can lower some effects, but then it loses its charm, but thats just me). The lightning in some areas or night time missions makes it almost impossible to see making it super annoying and almost all the time making you use the "VISR" (night vision thingy) instead of the other armor abilities.
Again i really like SPV3 but it could improve a few things imo.
I hope I get into the flight. I'm super excited for CE to be on PC again.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
I hope I get into the flight. I'm super excited for CE to be on PC again.
Same here, though given how many people have probably applied to the program since Reach's release it's gonna be tough to get in. :I
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4