4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
IanCasll wrote:
RC501 TOAD wrote:
IanCasll wrote:
Unruly9679 wrote:
Me I can't wait if Halo CEA on MCC.
If you want to play Halo CE on pc while waiting for CEA MCC give Halo Custom Edition a try, for now, SPV3 is kinda close to CEA in a way. That if you are into Moded games.
SPV3 is great but nowhere close to HALO CEA, mainly because its so unfair with like, literally everything, other than that its amazing!
unfair how? care to give some detail?
Oh man try playing in higher difficulties, its not legendary hard like in other halos its quite stupid to be honest, the way the enemy behaves plus they can be too overwhelming even at lower difficulties.
There is just too much going on screen at all times whenever theres a firefight. On top of that the optimization is not the best, i believe its too much for the halo 1 engine even if you're playing on a decent computer the frames just drop constantly in big areas (Of course you can lower some effects, but then it loses its charm, but thats just me). The lightning in some areas or night time missions makes it almost impossible to see making it super annoying and almost all the time making you use the "VISR" (night vision thingy) instead of the other armor abilities.
Again i really like SPV3 but it could improve a few things imo.
the difficulty increase is mostly due to the improvements towards the AI, the smarter they get the more difficult it seems (even then its not too difficult)

The performance however is a different matter the original halo is running off an engine that does not use multi threading, therefore your performance is more reliant on single core power. that is something they cant do anything about without building the game entirely from scratch.

the lighting is something that is being tweaked however adjusting your monitor brightness can help.
if you want more info i highly suggest joining the official SPV3 discord.
Halo CE Anniversary can't come soon enough!
I am stoked as heck for this myself! It will be a return to where it all started...for me...
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
I hope I get into the flight. I'm super excited for CE to be on PC again.
Same here, though given how many people have probably applied to the program since Reach's release it's gonna be tough to get in. :I
tru that, but if i wanted 1 game to get into it would be this one.
IanCasll wrote:
Unruly9679 wrote:
If you want to play Halo CE on pc while waiting for CEA MCC give Halo Custom Edition a try, for now, SPV3 is kinda close to CEA in a way. That if you are into Moded games.
SPV3 is great but nowhere close to HALO CEA, mainly because its so unfair with like, literally everything, other than that its amazing!
That and its dev for whatever reason despite common sense thinks brutes were on 04 even though they had their own fleets and never followed Thel'Vadeem's fleet
IanCasll wrote:
Unruly9679 wrote:
That and its dev for whatever reason despite common sense thinks brutes were on 04 even though they had their own fleets and never followed Thel'Vadeem's fleet
i meannnnnnnn it doesnt have to be lore friendly right? lmao
IanCasll wrote:
IanCasll wrote:
Unruly9679 wrote:
i meannnnnnnn it doesnt have to be lore friendly right? lmao
It doesn't but he was arguing that it WAS lore-friendly. XD
i just really hope we can switch between classic and anniversary huds and i PRAY that the classic hud stays in multiplayer
Just got done singing up for the CE flight. I remember playing CE on my old pc back in the day with the standalone disk and product key.
i just really hope we can switch between classic and anniversary huds and i PRAY that the classic hud stays in multiplayer
And the classic sound effects
Just got done singing up for the CE flight. I remember playing CE on my old pc back in the day with the standalone disk and product key.
Yes of corse Spartan, old memorys are coming
guess no flight started yet?
Nope, not yet
And the classic sound effects
I second both of these ideas. I believe that the classic HUD (which doesn't seem to be present in CE:A at all) was nicer looking, and I definitely think it makes sense to bring the classic sound effects back to multiplayer and classic mode in campaign. It feels off having the anniversary sound effects with the classic graphics, especially in multiplayer. I know 343 has mentioned that they were investigating how difficult it would be to bring the old sound effects back, but that hasn't been mentioned since October 2018 in a blog post, so hopefully they're still thinking about this. As for bringing back the classic HUD, I don't think they've ever officially acknowledged this idea, but I really hope they do bring it back.
The next month can started the Flight ;)
I can't wait Halo:CE was my first "real" game. I will replay a section over 30 times to replicate a bug so the ticket is better. That's how much I love this game 19 years later, can't wait to get my hands on it.
Brofallo wrote:
I can't wait Halo:CE was my first "real" game. I will replay a section over 30 times to replicate a bug so the ticket is better. That's how much I love this game 19 years later, can't wait to get my hands on it.
It really is a fantastic game. CE and Half-Life were my absolute favorite games in the early 2000s. I think Half-Life was my first FPS game, but CE followed shortly after. I can't believe I still enjoy playing CE to this day, 18+ years later, yet I still never get bored of it. There's something special about that game, for me at least. So yes, I'm with you - cannot wait to play it via MCC on PC!
TomCat025 wrote:
Brofallo wrote:
It really is a fantastic game. CE and Half-Life were my absolute favorite games in the early 2000s. I think Half-Life was my first FPS game, but CE followed shortly after. I can't believe I still enjoy playing CE to this day, 18+ years later, yet I still never get bored of it. There's something special about that game, for me at least. So yes, I'm with you - cannot wait to play it via MCC on PC!
Halo CE is the best game for all time, and see on the PC is too Powerfuul
Personally I can't wait to see what CMT spv3 team dose with halo CEA graphics engine, maybe a whole revamp of SPV3 mod done for HALO CEA.
Or the CMT team could do there own multiplayer mods with the CEA Graphics engine, How knows what could happen, even cursed halo could come to MCC.
I really wish they would update us on this. Just a little heads up to where they are at with the project.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4