OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Hey Friends,

I helped pen an article today for those interested in MCC Flighting through the Halo Insider program. You can check out the full article over HERE. Feel free to discuss it in this thread!

Cheers,
Postums
Thanks as always for the updates! I didn't know it was so, so, SO complex. Guys I wish you good luck and please do not let us down
Thanks for the informative blog; detailing specific issues goes a long way towards involving the community in the whole process, and will hopefully help to cut back on the negative speculation that rears its ugly head whenever there's a large gap between significant updates.
You're never going to make everybody happy. The fact that 343 are taking a slow and methodical approach is an excellent sign considering the inherent flaws of rushed game development. Nobody wins with an unfinished game, so taking the time to do things right will pay off in the long term.
It's nice to know the reason why this flight was delayed. Hopefully these bugs are quashed quickly, and we can get back to testing!
An excellent update, thank you
This is great and super informative, hopefully this will help the wider community understand a little more about what goes on behind the scenes :)
Happy that 343i is dedicated to making the PC MCC polished and complete. Also thanks for being so open about whats going on behind the scenes and being thorough with bug testing. Havent played halo since H3 back in the "golden days" of xbox live when game lobbys were the online equivalent of the wild west. Looking forward to playing one of the best FPS franchises ever on PC!
Quote:
[...] we have a handful of bugs to resolve that involve navigation issues, crashes, and other key issues we believe will hurt the experience of the flight (both for players and for our team’s ability to gather critical data and feedback).
Remember this guys before some of you complain about more delays. If they would release it now because you want it now it would only result in you complaining even more because it doesn't work.

I'd rather be "hyped" for a few more weeks than have all my expectations shattered in like 2 hours after the flight releases, losing all the excitement that I have built up over the past few months.
Another huge thank you for the update! Cant wait to see this game in action!
I can't imagine how it must be to be sitting in 343 studios working as hard as ever to move Reach to PC as fast as possible, and still see people complaining and whinging on the forums about how long its going to take. Some of them even saying to take as long as they need but hurry up in the same posts. We wish you devs the best of luck and mind while taking on this awesome task for the Halo fans.
I love how informative you guys are about why the delays are happening. Thanks for the update and best of luck!
THANKS FOR BEING TRANSPARENT, MUCH BETTER THAN BEING SILENT ABOUT THE DELAYS.
A super major update.
Thank you for letting us know what is holding it back.
All well and good, but why are you guys calling them "Rings" when you could be calling them...

... "Halos"?

:D
This definitely makes me happy! looks like they care more and more about these flights every day
As someone who has tested video games before during Beta tests and has launched several apps and debugged them myself. I COMPLETELY understand.

However!

Look at Fortnite and Team Fight Tactics. Both games are littered with bugs and are still two of the top watched twitch video games. I understand bugs that absolutely break the game but this is an early flight, publically I don't think anyone is going to say, oh early testing for halo shows a bug where matchmaking brings up a blank menu, the game has failed. Etc.

Anyways, just my two cents. Doesn't help that I just want to play but yeah.

You guys will get it done foo shoo
I understand bugs that absolutely break the game but this is an early flight, publically I don't think anyone is going to say, oh early testing for halo shows a bug where matchmaking brings up a blank menu, the game has failed. Etc.
It might not sour public opinion, but it will disrupt the data they receive.
If everyone is focused on the problems that the devs already know about then smaller bugs might go unseen and unaddressed, especially if such problems prevent them from accessing the game.
Right now they seem to be withholding flights due to "blocking bugs"—the serious ones that put up barriers between the players and what they're meant to be testing.
REEEEEE I want it now!!!!! lol jk take your guys time. Thanks for the update tho!
No worries take you time guys. Thanks for the update!!
i really appreciate the news and update its good to hear how things are going and how the work is processed i look forward to the final release.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4