2. ...
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. ...
  8. 25
Terg500 wrote:
Aww seems they can't make it for the April flights after all.
I wouldn't say it wont be, but more then likely it wont lol. We got a few days left. At least most of the work being done can be applied to the other releases too, so the more they get right the better it will be for everything and everyone.
I hope the flights begin soon im getting so anxious 😁😆
IronicChem wrote:
Terg500 wrote:
Aww seems they can't make it for the April flights after all.
I wouldn't say it wont be, but more then likely it wont lol. We got a few days left. At least most of the work being done can be applied to the other releases too, so the more they get right the better it will be for everything and everyone.
Well, since they'd be informing us ahead when the flights begin, I don't think it's gonna happen this month either. That is if they don't announce it today for tomorrow.
Just out of curiosity @343, is there any legislation about streaming any of the insider programme? obviously I wouldn't like to get myself / team in trouble.

Kind regards
Faithist wrote:
Just out of curiosity @343, is there any legislation about streaming any of the insider programme?
You are free to stream the Insider builds if you are selected for a flight
ske7ch wrote:
Since the flights won't be under NDA and participants will stream that content, we want to get out in front of that and play it ourselves to provide proper context and insight for players on what will be a work-in-progress build.
Take your time
Any new updates before May?
Is there something in place where insiders who were active on day one of Halo 2 on XBL back in the day have priority seating? This has obviously got a lot of older people exited to come back to halo after the flopped MCC release on Xbox. I feel like these people who are still around from day dot would be pretty dirty not to be invited. I respect the open and honest dialogue but i feel more need to be done to honour the loyalty of these fans. Id like to see insiders with stats from the first day of halo 2 honoured first.
tezga wrote:
Is there something in place where insiders who were active on day one of Halo 2 on XBL back in the day have priority seating? This has obviously got a lot of older people exited to come back to halo after the flopped MCC release on Xbox. I feel like these people who are still around from day dot would be pretty dirty not to be invited. I respect the open and honest dialogue but i feel more need to be done to honour the loyalty of these fans. Id like to see insiders with stats from the first day of halo 2 honoured first.
That makes no sense whatsoever in terms of flights. Being first in line doesn't make you any less or more qualified than someone else who knows what they're doing. Please try to remember that flights aren't meant as a stake in loyalty, but to make the game function as best it can for everyone. You're a volunteer helper.
tezga wrote:
That makes no sense whatsoever in terms of flights. Being first in line doesn't make you any less or more qualified than someone else who knows what they're doing. Please try to remember that flights aren't meant as a stake in loyalty, but to make the game function as best it can for everyone. You're a volunteer h
tezga wrote:
That makes no sense whatsoever in terms of flights. Being first in line doesn't make you any less or more qualified than someone else who knows what they're doing. Please try to remember that flights aren't meant as a stake in loyalty, but to make the game function as best it can for everyone. You're a volunteer helper.
The game wont function at all if droves of old players keep leaving because they feel abandoned and disappointed, they helped build Halo to what it is today over a decade ago. Id say it definitely makes you more qualified to test if you were involved in online Halo 15 years ago.
tezga wrote:
The game wont function at all if droves of old players keep leaving because they feel abandoned and disappointed, they helped build Halo to what it is today over a decade ago. Id say it definitely makes you more qualified to test if you were involved in online Halo 15 years ago.
Then as someone who has been here since the days of xbox halo 1 and PC halo CE days, i'm using my ancient experience to tell you that won't be how they pick for testing. As with everything else, testing will only use what is necessary to see if very specific things work or not. Where does your history fit in with that.

Seriously. Just be glad we even have the honor of attempting to help them at all.
tezga wrote:
tezga wrote:
That makes no sense whatsoever in terms of flights. Being first in line doesn't make you any less or more qualified than someone else who knows what they're doing. Please try to remember that flights aren't meant as a stake in loyalty, but to make the game function as best it can for everyone. You're a volunteer h
tezga wrote:
Would you listen to someone with 15 years of passionate experience, or someone with 15 months of part-time experience?
Joalson wrote:
tezga wrote:
tezga wrote:
tezga wrote:
Would you listen to someone with 15 years of passionate experience, or someone with 15 months of part-time experience?
I played halo 1 when it came out, does that mean I’m more qualified than the “halo 2 veterans”?
Strohza wrote:
Joalson wrote:
tezga wrote:
tezga wrote:
tezga wrote:
I played halo 1 when it came out, does that mean I’m more qualified than the “halo 2 veterans”?
Honestly they probably care more about your system specs than which games you've played. The whole point of the test is to make sure it runs well for everyone... Based on hardware, not how much you love Halo.
Strohza wrote:
Joalson wrote:
tezga wrote:
tezga wrote:
tezga wrote:
Honestly they probably care more about your system specs than which games you've played. The whole point of the test is to make sure it runs well for everyone... Based on hardware, not how much you love Halo.
Answer my question.
I'm with the game, take your time and do it right. We may come off as impatient but what we want more than anything else is to see something we love taken care of and made better. I love what you guys are doing and the openness! Keep it up!
RN Neko wrote:
Halo has always been a controller based FPS having pioneered it. While having input parity is nice, why not just lock the PC version to the controller as this is "the way it is played"?
I feel as this would annoy people as PC tends to be more Keyboard and Mouse based. As much as Halo has been on Xbox, bringing it to PC means adapting to PC players needs and wants. This includes FOV/POV sliders, different graphics settings, and mouse/keyboard support.

Personally, if I was forced to use a controller for MCC on PC, I would be rather disappointed and honestly, would not purchase it. Might as well go back to Xbox if that were to be the case.
So you would give up 60fps, better AA, FOV slider, just because you had to use the device that Halo is intended to use? Like the whole aim magnetism and satisfying shooting mechanic was built for the controller since CE. By introducing MKB you just create a forum argument nightmare and probably separate playlists which isn't good for matchmaking.

More and more people are moving their PCs out of their dingy corner desks and under their TV. I think you would sacrifice more by spitting the community than just using controller input. Then again I think Destiny balanced it well (controller has mild aim assist, mouse has none but also no recoil)
Regardless of it's it been built to work well on controllers, mouse and keyboard are the superior input devices for fps games. The control it allows you to have when aiming is unmatched. Not having mouse and keyboard support would only be tolerated by the people that already like Halo and just want to play it again after all these years. If you want Halo to grow as a series it needs to adapt to PC player needs, which includes mouse and keyboard. I do not want to go back to playing fps games with a controller. It's one of the main reasons why I switched to PC in the first place. With Xbox getting mouse and keyboard support somewhere in the future and 343 being owned by Microsoft I'd expect Halo Infinite to come with native mouse and keyboard support on the Xbox as well. MCC may just receive a patch enabling mouse and keyboard support with the work that has been done to get it working on PC. If anything we're moving towards more mouse and keyboard support and less controllers.
Equal control is more important than "superior" control. Again, Halo has been a controller FPS since CE. I don't see your argument. If it's so important, why would you even play Halo at all? If MKB is the 'reason' you switched to PC, you're really overlooking all the other advantages. MKB is not even the most important advantage.
Joalson wrote:
Strohza wrote:
Joalson wrote:
tezga wrote:
tezga wrote:
tezga wrote:
Answer my question.
Dude, if you read through everything 343 and Ske7ch wrote, you will (hopefully) get it. The flight's aren't for the purpose of giving the "skilled and longterm players" a playground. It's more about for example you tossing a grenade under your own feet, then submitting a survey where you're asked if you started deforming into an oblivious creature beyond reasoning and dancing like an unattended firehose or did you just blow up as intended?

Btw, I think I just came up with a funny / nightmare-delivering mod idea :P
RN Neko wrote:
Halo has always been a controller based FPS having pioneered it. While having input parity is nice, why not just lock the PC version to the controller as this is "the way it is played"?
I feel as this would annoy people as PC tends to be more Keyboard and Mouse based. As much as Halo has been on Xbox, bringing it to PC means adapting to PC players needs and wants. This includes FOV/POV sliders, different graphics settings, and mouse/keyboard support.

Personally, if I was forced to use a controller for MCC on PC, I would be rather disappointed and honestly, would not purchase it. Might as well go back to Xbox if that were to be the case.
So you would give up 60fps, better AA, FOV slider, just because you had to use the device that Halo is intended to use? Like the whole aim magnetism and satisfying shooting mechanic was built for the controller since CE. By introducing MKB you just create a forum argument nightmare and probably separate playlists which isn't good for matchmaking.

More and more people are moving their PCs out of their dingy corner desks and under their TV. I think you would sacrifice more by spitting the community than just using controller input. Then again I think Destiny balanced it well (controller has mild aim assist, mouse has none but also no recoil)
Regardless of it's it been built to work well on controllers, mouse and keyboard are the superior input devices for fps games. The control it allows you to have when aiming is unmatched. Not having mouse and keyboard support would only be tolerated by the people that already like Halo and just want to play it again after all these years. If you want Halo to grow as a series it needs to adapt to PC player needs, which includes mouse and keyboard. I do not want to go back to playing fps games with a controller. It's one of the main reasons why I switched to PC in the first place. With Xbox getting mouse and keyboard support somewhere in the future and 343 being owned by Microsoft I'd expect Halo Infinite to come with native mouse and keyboard support on the Xbox as well. MCC may just receive a patch enabling mouse and keyboard support with the work that has been done to get it working on PC. If anything we're moving towards more mouse and keyboard support and less controllers.
Equal control is more important than "superior" control. Again, Halo has been a controller FPS since CE. I don't see your argument. If it's so important, why would you even play Halo at all? If MKB is the 'reason' you switched to PC, you're really overlooking all the other advantages. MKB is not even the most important advantage.
Mouse and keyboard and controllers can never truly be equal while still keeping it fair for the mouse and keyboard folks. Strong aim assist and bullet magnetism would be required compared to mouse and keyboard which wouldn't be a fun experience for either parties since it takes control away from the controller user and makes it feel less 'skillful' on their part while PC players would feel cheated because controllers get a large amount of aim assist. Giving controller users an acceptable amount of aim assist wouldn't be enough to make things equal and would just swing things in favour of mouse and keyboard again. People should be able to play with a controller if they choose to do so, but they should not be given unfair advantages just to keep up with mouse and keyboard users. Most people on PC play shooter with a mouse and keyboard and it should be the main focus for the PC platform. If consoles suddenly got mouse and keyboard support it'd be another story, but mouse and keyboard are an established input device and should always be the assumed default for PC shooters.

Whether or not Halo has been a controller fps or not is irrelevant to PC. Every shooter has the potential to work well with a mouse and keyboard due to the nature of how aiming works with a mouse and keyboard. Changing a game from a gameplay perspective to work well with a controller is more difficult than changing to work well with a mouse and keyboard since aim assist and and making sure people don't move too fast for controllers to keep up are a big part of making sure things work with controllers. Controllers have their advantages, mainly in games where precise small player movements are needed, which keyboards aren't great at since it only has an on and off mode as opposed to controllers where analog sticks allow you to have a great amount of control, but fps games are not one of these games. Fps games work better on mouse and keyboard because you do the aiming with the mouse, not the keyboard. Lets take console's biggest shooter for example. Call of Duty. This game has been built to work well with controllers and appeal to console players. CoD still works better on PC with a larger skill gap. Why don't people play it then? Because there's so much more competition in the PC space and the simplicity of CoD just doesn't keep people's attention like bigger, more complicated games do. Halo's gameplay is a lot more interesting and could easily transition over to working really well on PC. It'll probably be much more successful at holding a player base because of this.

Why I would play Halo at all if mouse and keyboard are so important so important to me? Funny that you assume that I play Halo anymore. I don't. I want MCC to bring that back for me, now with the PC features that I quite honestly can't play without anymore. 60 fps gives me a headache. I'll get used to it again after a while, but why should I have to? less than 100 degrees of FOV gives me motion sickness, so console shooters are basically a no go for me anymore. I can't go back to playing Halo on console even if I wanted to.

"If MKB is the 'reason' you switched to PC, you're really overlooking all the other advantages. MKB is not even the most important advantage."
Mouse and keyboards is ONE of the MAIN REASONS, not the only reason. Mouse and keyboard suits the kind of games I play better than controllers do. I love fps games and always have, so I decided to invest in a PC. I was still playing on a 60Hz monitor when I first switched to PC, so it wasn't for the higher framerates. I was playing on a fairly low-end PC at the time, so I wasn't doing it for the graphics either. Now it's a completely different story. I don't need you to tell me about all the advantages of PC. I've grown accustomed to them and, as I said in the previous paragraph, can't game without anymore.
This is awesome news! Reach and the rest of the MCC on PC is one of if not my most anticipated release this year. What does one have to do to get lucky enough to be included in the testing?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. ...
  8. 25