1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
Hey folks, happy Friday!

TL;DR :
  • If you're already in the flight, please jump into Social Matchmaking this Saturday, Oct. 5, between 5PM-9PM PT! We need to stress our services more!
  • If you didn't get selected, keep your eyes peeled on your inbox today - another huge batch of invites has just been sent! (check your inbox and spam folder!)
  • A low # of people from the original invite have opened the email and even less have actually played. Please check your registered email inbox and spam folder - you may have an invite and not even know it!
  • UPDATE: As a special bonus, everyone who plays at least 5 matchmade games during Saturday's stress test will receive the "MCC Insider" nameplate. Everyone who completes at least 12 matchmade games will earn the "MCC Insider Plus" nameplate.
---------------------------------
As you are likely aware, we are a few days into the Halo: Reach multiplayer flight on Xbox One! A wave of invitations were sent out earlier this week (on Tuesday) and we've already had some good times playing Reach online and validating our matchmaking and online services. If you missed it or are curious, you can read up on the flight specifics, including the daily play offerings and focused play times, in THIS THREAD.

For the most part, things have been going pretty good - participants seem to be enjoying their experience, we're getting some good data and feedback, and some folks are utilizing the support site to file bug related issues.

One thing that hasn't been going super well is a somewhat disappointingly low level of engagement amongst our first batch selected Halo Insiders. This was our largest round of invites yet - more than double what we had in the prior PC "Fireflight." We've seen a pretty low amount of folks actually opening the emails and then an even lower number of people actually getting the build and jumping in to play. I'm sure that's infuriating to those of you who have been eagerly awaiting a chance and would give (almost) anything for an opportunity to play (more on that in a minute).

First, if you're reading this and you're a registered Halo Insider who opted in for Xbox One flighting - please check your inbox and spam folders with the email you signed up with! Maybe you got invited and don't even know it?

We know life happens, not everyone can drop everything at any time to jump in and play, even if you really want to. We're not looking to hold this against anyone or penalize folks for future flights. But, we do need to get more players online and push harder to help stress test our services.

Second, to help accomplish our goals, we're sending out another wave of flight invitations TODAY (Oct. 4) to almost 100% more people than we invited on Tuesday. One of the criteria that will be used to select these users is based on people who have been active with Halo 5 and/or MCC in the past 90 days. I'm not 100% sure what the exact specific definition of "active" is, but the goal is to hopefully find people who are already regularly playing Halo and would thus be more likely to actively participate in our Halo: Reach flight sessions. These new email invitations have already gone out (as of about 11:30AM PT).

Keep your eyes peeled and check those spam folders - you may very well find an invite today... and we'd definitely appreciate your help with our flights!

Since this flight runs an entire week we know many players will come and go as their schedule permits. This is still super helpful - any level of play and feedback is helpful - but we also need to try and hit a critical mass of concurrent players to put more stress on our services and systems. To help achieve this, we are putting out a call to arms for all Halo: Reach flight participants to rally and jump into social matchmaking this Saturday, October 5, between 5PM-9PM PT. You don't have to commit to four hours of play time, just play as many as you can and it'll help us get better data, validation and ultimately drive to a better final product when we launch!

UPDATE: As a special bonus, players who participate in Saturday's stress test and complete at least 5 matchmade games will receive the "MCC Insider" nameplate. Players who complete at least 12 matchmade games will earn the "MCC Insider Plus" nameplate. And, to spice things up even more, we're happy to announce that Team Snipers and Team SWAT gametypes will be exclusively activated during the stress test play session.

To everyone who is participating and supporting us on this journey, thank you! To everyone who is patiently waiting on the sidelines and eager to help - thank you as well for signing up for Halo Insider and standing by for your call. We've just doubled the size of the flighting audience today and even if you don't get in, please keep in mind we have a lot more to come. Next up will be the Halo: Reach PC multiplayer flight and we'll share more details soon after this Xbox flight concludes.

thanks, hope to see as many of you online this weekend as possible!
So I just join in Saturday and I'm good?
I love not getting picked
I could swear I signed up for Halo Insider, but I have never gotten an email about it and I would kill to be a part of this flighting!!! Is there any way you can see if I'm an active Insider member, or if something happened?
Still no invite for me :(
how do I opt in for Flights? I was part of the original Insider program. is that good enough?
I can promise that if invited I’d participate like hell ;)
How long does it usually take to get the email and everything to start testing halo reach
Damn, still no invite, and I've coincidentally been playing MCC nearly every day for the last couple months, and even Halo 5 every day this week.
I’d love an invite! ❤️
Lol me too it’d mean the world to me to get an invite to the flight
I am invited, I just followed the instructions in the email and downloaded the update, yet when i try to start MCC Insider I get the error 0x8b050033 , that says that I can't obtain the update at the moment.
What should I do?
I’d definitely play If I was sent an invite. Pretty sure I signed up for halo insider.
If you would send me an email, I would love to play. I'm in the insider program, but have never gotten the invite. What do I need to do?
Just got my Invite! I was looking last night for an email and woke up this morning to one. Probably won’t be able to play as much though due to work :/
I’m ready.
Thank you for invite <3
I could swear I signed up for Halo Insider, but I have never gotten an email about it and I would kill to be a part of this flighting!!! Is there any way you can see if I'm an active Insider member, or if something happened?
Visit your profile here and make sure your email is verified: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/halo-insider/profile
Make sure to check your junk / spam box
Paandorumm wrote:
how do I opt in for Flights? I was part of the original Insider program. is that good enough?
You need to sign up to the new Halo Insiders program that launched a few months ago. The MCC Insiders program from last year no longer exists. At the moment it would be to late for this flight on Xbox, but you may be able to sign up for the upcoming PC flight
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/halo-insider
How long does it usually take to get the email and everything to start testing halo reach
Delta4907 wrote:
Damn, still no invite, and I've coincidentally been playing MCC nearly every day for the last couple months, and even Halo 5 every day this week.
If you would send me an email, I would love to play. I'm in the insider program, but have never gotten the invite. What do I need to do?
Make sure to check your junk / spam box. ISP filtering can also delay any emails being sent out but I believe most people should have gotten theirs by now
giafra wrote:
I am invited, I just followed the instructions in the email and downloaded the update, yet when i try to start MCC Insider I get the error 0x8b050033 , that says that I can't obtain the update at the moment.
What should I do?
Xbox Support says this is an error relating to maintenance. I would leave it for a little while and try again, you can also try hard resetting your console:
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/errors/error-code-8b050033
God it's incredibly frustrating not getting anything in what is apparently the largest wave.
stckrboy wrote:
Visit your profile here and make sure your email is verified: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/halo-insider/profile
Make sure to check your junk / spam box
Paandorumm wrote:
You need to sign up to the new Halo Insiders program that launched a few months ago. The MCC Insiders program from last year no longer exists. At the moment it would be to late for this flight on Xbox, but you may be able to sign up for the upcoming PC flight
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/halo-insider
Delta4907 wrote:
Make sure to check your junk / spam box. ISP filtering can also delay any emails being sent out but I believe most people should have gotten theirs by now
giafra wrote:
What should I do?
Xbox Support says this is an error relating to maintenance. I would leave it for a little while and try again, you can also try hard resetting your console:
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/errors/error-code-8b050033
Hard resetting the console worked! I was finally able to update the build and play!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19