Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Haven't been invited to any flight yet

OP SakuraUchiha630

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Geoffyz wrote:
I can relate, I also haven't gotten any invites. I was the most hopeful this time because I'm pretty active in the Xbox Insider program, but we will likely never know what criteria they look for. No big deal, maybe we will get picked next time!!!
Or maybe not, see ya all in the full game...
Pretty much accepted my flightless demise.
Flighting needs to open up for all insiders before it closes, especially if there’s no more planned Xbox flights
CystSick wrote:
Flighting needs to open up for all insiders before it closes, especially if there’s no more planned Xbox flights
I'm sure if 343 feels they need to they will, they may have gotten the information they required from stress test the other night
I just registered for the opportunity to participate in the flights, but my question is, when do the devs expect to release the full game? Wasn't it mentioned previously that the game would release earlier in 2019? What happened? Should we expect a holiday 2019 release? Maybe even 2020?
Geoffyz wrote:
I can relate, I also haven't gotten any invites. I was the most hopeful this time because I'm pretty active in the Xbox Insider program, but we will likely never know what criteria they look for. No big deal, maybe we will get picked next time!!!
Or maybe not, see ya all in the full game...
Hey stay positive, there are no serious consequences for missing a flight. How much MCC have you played the last 6 months? What about Halo 5? Are you a member of the Xbox Insider Program? I have no idea if these are the criteria, I'm just wondering how engaged you are.
I just registered for the opportunity to participate in the flights, but my question is, when do the devs expect to release the full game? Wasn't it mentioned previously that the game would release earlier in 2019? What happened? Should we expect a holiday 2019 release? Maybe even 2020?
As soon as 343 feel it's ready to release, that's when it's going to drop
Wasn't it mentioned previously that the game would release earlier in 2019? What happened?
I don't think that was ever officially mentioned. A lot of fans had speculated about a summer release, but that obviously never came to be. Based on the recent flighting updates as well as my first-hand experience of the Xbox One flight, I would guess we're close. The flight played beautifully, and from my perspective just needs some polish and additional bug fixes - but the core gameplay was phenomenal. There's still the upcoming PC PvP flight to look forward to, so we're not out of the woods yet, but I think we'll be playing Reach rather soon. I don't think a late November/early December release time frame is entirely out of the question, but that's just speculation on my part.
Wasn't it mentioned previously that the game would release earlier in 2019? What happened?
To re-address this part as I missed it first read, no release has ever been put out by 343. The plan has been to Bring Reach to MCC and PC by the end of the year. As for the rest of MCC, that has always been a case of ready when it's ready
The only invites I have gotten have been for the recent Xbox Flights but I do not have an Xbox. At the time of signing up I did own one though, but there is nothing I can do now.
Be patient is the best advice I can give.We'll all get to (probably) play eventually
Geoffyz wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:
I can relate, I also haven't gotten any invites. I was the most hopeful this time because I'm pretty active in the Xbox Insider program, but we will likely never know what criteria they look for. No big deal, maybe we will get picked next time!!!
Or maybe not, see ya all in the full game...
Hey stay positive, there are no serious consequences for missing a flight. How much MCC have you played the last 6 months? What about Halo 5? Are you a member of the Xbox Insider Program? I have no idea if these are the criteria, I'm just wondering how engaged you are.
I was positive and I was available whole summer, I had literally no other program as I checked the boxes when I registered the Insider Program. I'm a PC player and I only played Halo 1 back in the days on Win XP but I'm active here and on social media, trying to get in. It's not a problem, not a negative thing, I just stated the facts.
Geoffyz wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:
I can relate, I also haven't gotten any invites. I was the most hopeful this time because I'm pretty active in the Xbox Insider program, but we will likely never know what criteria they look for. No big deal, maybe we will get picked next time!!!
Or maybe not, see ya all in the full game...
Hey stay positive, there are no serious consequences for missing a flight. How much MCC have you played the last 6 months? What about Halo 5? Are you a member of the Xbox Insider Program? I have no idea if these are the criteria, I'm just wondering how engaged you are.
I was positive and I was available whole summer, I had literally no other program as I checked the boxes when I registered the Insider Program. I'm a PC player and I only played Halo 1 back in the days on Win XP but I'm active here and on social media, trying to get in. It's not a problem, not a negative thing, I just stated the facts.
Oh, in that case this makes a little more sense. One of the criteria for some of the old flights was having played MCC in the prior 6 months. Since PC is new, they may have just limited participants to the smallest, most well known group of testers. Since Xbox is the larger market, they must have decided that traffic would be greatest, and they opened it up to stress test the system. Just guessing here. Sorry you missed out. Like I said, there are no major consequences for missing a flight.
Sorry you didn't get in this time - if it makes you feel any better, tens of thousands of other eager Insiders also didn't get invited. It's a tough balancing act - obviously we want as many people playing as we can handle, but at some point we start to run into capacity issues as this isn't a retail released product. We have limitations on servers and our services so we have to limit the audience. As we sent out extra waves of invites late last week to try and push to the limit, we saw some of our services start to buckle and for a period of time on Saturday, datacenters weren't able to allocate new match servers fast enough to keep up (again, because we aren't setup for a retail-level of load).

We still have a long journey ahead to bring MCC to PC. I don't know what the plans are for additional Reach Xbox flights, but our next flight will focus on Reach MP on PC. We also will have all of Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, ODST, and Halo 4 to flight and bring to PC down the road.

Also, PRO TIP - we've found THOUSANDS of Halo Insiders who were actually initially selected when our teams ran their queries against the database but then it turns out they never verified their email address so we had no way to actually send the invite out. Please make sure the email address you registered with is active and that you've completed the email verification step.
It seems you just have to be lucky or something. I've been selected for the flights since August 2018 for the redesign of the game and 4k. Maybe it's because I've played all the Halo games and am active in it alot, I don't know. But do consider how many people signed up for this. For this test on Xbox, I was able to get into games fast and rarely (and probably never) saw the same player twice if I left a game.

After doingt test, Reach seems very stable on the Xbox which seemed to be the biggest issue for 343 since memory on the console was an issue. So Reach will probably release soon, either before the end of the year or early 2020. I'll be surprised if it's any later than that. For now, you can always play the full game using backwards compatibility on the Xbox One. Only big change is resolution, framerate and lack of heavy motion blur for the MCC version.
ske7ch wrote:
Sorry you didn't get in this time - if it makes you feel any better, tens of thousands of other eager Insiders also didn't get invited. It's a tough balancing act - obviously we want as many people playing as we can handle, but at some point we start to run into capacity issues as this isn't a retail released product. We have limitations on servers and our services so we have to limit the audience. As we sent out extra waves of invites late last week to try and push to the limit, we saw some of our services start to buckle and for a period of time on Saturday, datacenters weren't able to allocate new match servers fast enough to keep up (again, because we aren't setup for a retail-level of load).

We still have a long journey ahead to bring MCC to PC. I don't know what the plans are for additional Reach Xbox flights, but our next flight will focus on Reach MP on PC. We also will have all of Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, ODST, and Halo 4 to flight and bring to PC down the road.

Also, PRO TIP - we've found THOUSANDS of Halo Insiders who were actually initially selected when our teams ran their queries against the database but then it turns out they never verified their email address so we had no way to actually send the invite out. Please make sure the email address you registered with is active and that you've completed the email verification step.
All is fine in my profile of Halo insider but only play PC games because i don't have the Xbox One, I feeling excited and I want to play Halo Reach (PC) I'll wait patiently if 343 consider I have all pre requisites to be a fly member I have all of the time to help in the development game because Im software engineer and I understand the hardest part of the implementation of project (Game) according with the servers limitation, I wish you the best and that everything ends correctly for everyone, greetings from México.
The same for me. I don't mind not being in the flight if the game is being tested by others.
There are still lots of people who haven't got the chance, we all feel the same.
I haven't been selected yet either, seeing how we're getting just one last flight next being PVP but for PC, I feel like I wont get in this one either really. But hey, when the game comes out there shouldn't be any limits as how many people at a time can play, we just buy it and boot it up.

My main question would be, if these flights still haven't every insiders in, that there still are progress to be made for the game to be complet, that the servers aren't ready for release. Any stress test planned?

I myself would speculate that we could see Reach hit MCC XBox in December while it'll debute MCC PC in something like, spring 2020.
Bought every single Halo since Halo 1. Dedicated so much money to these dudes. Never got invited. Most game developers dont care and it's all random.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4