Forums / Community / Halo Insider

How many flights before Reach is released?

OP Raijin7866

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Does anybody know how many flights will there be before Halo: Reach is released?
Between 1 and ∞. I'd wager even 343 don't know yet exactly how many.
I guess they'll just keep doing flights until the game's in a completely playable state, and THEN release the game.
No one knows and 343 haven't really specified as to how many they think they might do. As they have said countless times, it's done when it's done.
As Argentum367 and Improbable Dee said, we really don't know.

I feel like the best answer is "As many as needed".
Probably a few, they've already mentioned the second (which right now is planned to be firefight). So the absolute minimum based off what they've said is two, and there'll obviously be at least one multiplayer flight as well.
Until it's ready of course!
Once they're sure all the cogs of the machine are working fluidly
I've done a huge course in game design and learned a lot about the business models, and they're doing something quite admirable by making sure the game is thoroughly polished. As Miyamoto from Nintendo says; "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

Which is why a lot of EA games fail, they oppress their employees to release games to make a quick buck rather than focus on polish.
Once they're sure all the cogs of the machine are working fluidly
I've done a huge course in game design and learned a lot about the business models, and they're doing something quite admirable by making sure the game is thoroughly polished. As Miyamoto from Nintendo says; "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

Which is why a lot of EA games fail, they oppress their employees to release games to make a quick buck rather than focus on polish.
Last thing we need is another EA lol.
Then at this rate the game will come out next year (?
Considering how disappointing was the first flight, I'd say about 5 or 7 flights
Anyone knows how many flights before MCC on Xbox or Guardians?
Considering how disappointing was the first flight, I'd say about 5 or 7 flights
What were you expecting? This seems like your fault for hyping it up too much.
Xbox flighting dates haven't been announced yet, but they will come in due course. Halo 5 is not currently planned to be added to MCC
stckrboy wrote:
Xbox flighting dates haven't been announced yet, but they will come in due course. Halo 5 is not currently planned to be added to MCC
Out of curiosity, why isn't Halo 5 planned to be added to MCC?
Jebsquared wrote:
343 have the definitive answer on that that, but I imagine because the priorities right now are getting MCC stable and functional on PC, bringing Reach to Xbox and PC and working on the new progression system. That's a whole lot of work right there, not to forget the PGCR improvements and customs browser that's been in the works. Guardians just isn't a priority.

Adding it to MCC isn't really necessary either - it's a huge game on its own and would really only bloat up MCC further.
stckrboy wrote:
Jebsquared wrote:
343 have the definitive answer on that that, but I imagine because the priorities right now are getting MCC stable and functional on PC, bringing Reach to Xbox and PC and working on the new progression system. That's a whole lot of work right there, not to forget the PGCR improvements and customs browser that's been in the works. Guardians just isn't a priority.

Adding it to MCC isn't really necessary either - it's a huge game on its own and would really only bloat up MCC further.
Ah, I see. Makes sense. They need to make sure that the game(s) can all fit on one drive.
stckrboy wrote:
Jebsquared wrote:

Could possibly just be doing legacy games for the sake of PC
stckrboy wrote:
Jebsquared wrote:

Could possibly just be doing legacy games for the sake of PC
I wouldn't be surprised if they're intending to add Halo 5 way down the line after they finish Halo 4's port to PC. That's the last link between the MCC and Infinite, and is probably the easiest one to work with, since it's both 343i's own game and is also on a system that's pretty much a PC in all but name at this point.
I hope for the final release on the Birthday of Halo Reach 09/14
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4