Forums / Community / Halo Insider

How many flights before Reach is released?

OP Dragkeel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
When will the xbox flights happen? I sign up in April and have waiting this whole time.
When will the xbox flights happen? I sign up in April and have waiting this whole time.
Nobody knows yet. Assumptions are that the next PC flight will be late July, but it's anybody's guess when Xbox will begin.
As Miyamoto from Nintendo says; "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
This quote could very well be applied to the original MCC launch and 343's current take on it.
A bunch lol
i personally dont care how long it takes. just make it right the first time.
I hope Reach will come to PC soon. I am very eager to try it!
Nobody knows yet. Assumptions are that the next PC flight will be late July, but it's anybody's guess when Xbox will begin.
343 stated that they will work on the xbox flights after the reach flights for pc. They have the priority settled for Reach on PC right now and nothing else...
I don't think 343 knows the answer to this. This second flight is also gonna be huge because it's getting 20x the number of participants. This test will be able to test their new system for Firefight as well as general matchmaking. If this flight is as successful as the last one, we might see possible news on a release date. I would bet my money, however, they want to do a regular matchmaking flight before any release.
Hopefully this next will be the last one.
Dragkeel wrote:
I guess they'll just keep doing flights until the game's in a completely playable state, and THEN release the game.
I really want to be part of this just starting to think I won't be but hey ho!
tonic bom wrote:
Dragkeel wrote:
I guess they'll just keep doing flights until the game's in a completely playable state, and THEN release the game.
I really want to be part of this just starting to think I won't be but hey ho!
Don't worry. While you might not be picked for a reach flight, they've still got 5 more games to work on afterwards. 343i has said that they are going to try to get everyone into a flight at some point, so chances are good that you'll get in there eventually.
i think about 5 to test everything
first fl: compatibility test
secondfl: firefight
thirdfl: multyplayer
fourth: more campaine
fifth : some general stress tests
and mabye launch after but only time will tell i guess
So 5 more months?
So 5 more months?
4 months IF 343i follows the above schedule. However, that schedule is based on purely conjecture, since so far there seems to be roughly a month between flights.
Jebsquared wrote:
So 5 more months?
4 months IF 343i follows the above schedule. However, that schedule is based on purely conjecture, since so far there seems to be roughly a month between flights.
I hope the next few flights aren't as spaced out, i guess it all depends on what they have to get ready before they roll them out.
xandwacky wrote:
I don't think 343 knows the answer to this. This second flight is also gonna be huge because it's getting 20x the number of participants. This test will be able to test their new system for Firefight as well as general matchmaking. If this flight is as successful as the last one, we might see possible news on a release date. I would bet my money, however, they want to do a regular matchmaking flight before any release.
Wait really? I didn't see that information about flights lately, source? :0
xandwacky wrote:
Wait really? I didn't see that information about flights lately, source? :0
20x people:
Quote:
User: Any news on whether the number of participants is being increased?
Postums: Roughly 20x as many people this time around.
Firefight:
Quote:
Next Flight – Coming Soon #FireFlight is the team’s next flighting goal which will offer Firefight matchmaking to you on PC. While things may shift, we’re currently targeting this milestone for later this month. The team is beginning to review release candidates that have the core features to support this flight. Keep your eyes out for upcoming news articles in the near future!
I think "hope" there will be 3
one for the campaign
one for the firefight
and one for the multiplayer
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3